• Blizzard just trademarked "The Dark Below" and "Reaper of Souls"

After all it seems that "The Dark Below" might not be actually registered by Blizzard but
    it's just an application for the trademark, application that anyone can submit for free.

However "Reaper of Souls" as a Diablo 3 expansion is real.

What we know from Wowpedia and Wowwiki

"The Dark Below is a place inhabited by demons, devils and infernal creatures, from where some sorcerers take their power directly and sometimes have a patron beast to foster their magic."

Relationship to the Twisting Nether

The demons from the Dark Below apparently exist apart from the Burning Legion, who reside in the Twisting Nether. The Dark Below may be another description for the "Twisting Nether", in which case these are demons of a separate faction that live within the same plane of existence. This would explain how player warlocks are able to summon demons that do not serve the Legion.
    The "Below" in The Dark Below

This implies a region that is underneath the crust of Azeroth, and not the twisting Nether in outerspace up in the sky. In early conceptions, hell is percieved to be underneath and not up in the sky.

Edited: Link to the trademark: http://www.scribd.com/doc/159754556/...80%AD%E2%80%AE

Second update:

It looks like Blizzard registered another trademark, for Diablo 3 this time, "Reaper of Souls"

Link: battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Blizzard just trademarked "The Dark Below" started by Emisary View original post
    Comments 22 Comments
      cukiemunster -
      New expansion name?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
      Maccer -
      This sounds more of a D3 expansion than a WoW expansion.

Edit:
      Warcraft IV: The Dark Below
      seems awesome tho.
      Emisary -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maccer View Post

Edit:
      seems awesome tho.
      It might be a D3 expansion too , just something that adds in favor of WoW expansion, Ozumat has the title <Fiend of the Dark Below> , and also Ra-den warns us "there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course.But you have earned the right to try."
      Bsmunban -
      Have no idea whether they've killed off any possibility of this, however if it would be related to WoW sounds like something in relation to the naga although the wiki says otherwise. Will be interesting to see where they take the game!

Personally, I would have always loved for them to have made another warcraft RTS and they could re-brand a fresh, new wow MMORPG universe based from their new RTS! woo :>
      bullys -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maccer View Post

Edit:
      seems awesome tho.
      Agreed on the D3 expac. I'm still excited regardless!
      Aghanar -
      The next D3 xpac is called "Reaper of Souls"

MMO-Champion - Diablo 3's next expansion is named "Reaper of Souls"?
      Poglia -
      Reaper Of Souls IS the D3 expansion. Try to share it on Facebook and you'll see:

Maccer -
      Hmm, we all seem to be forgetting Titan or even Blizzard All-Stars.
      This could easily be something related to these games.
      TehVoyager -
      EDIT: saw above link.

Are we really going to have more crap underwater zones and gawdaym naga? when we could be doing a BURNING LEGION EXPANSION were screwing around with naga, AGAIN?

Jeebus Mary Tapdancing Christ.
      hurly1223 -
      The New WoW Expansion Looks Like It Has To Do With Underwater - Because I Remember That Boss In Cata Throne Of Tides Ozurnat Had The Title <Fiend Of The Dark Below>
      Sarick -
      I can't find Diablo Expansion trademark anywhere?
      Can someone link it.
      Emisary -
      Quote Originally Posted by drm420 View Post

MMOC can't confirm or deny anything, unless they have internal knowledge, they purely assumed as being a hoax knowing that anyone can submit a trademark application for free.

However the name might still be real , but the most convenient way is to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
      I can't find Diablo Expansion trademark anywhere?
      Can someone link it.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/
      Dante -
      Here, it's confirmed - https://i.imgur.com/iq28xDP.jpg
      ... look it up here you wanna do it urself TMView
      Emisary -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
      Here, it's confirmed - https://i.imgur.com/iq28xDP.jpg
      ... look it up here you wanna do it urself TMView

Yep you are right, I stumbled across a photo few days ago which was removed few hours later ..it was posted on reddit somewhere ( I think ) and had the chance to have the Safari tab open until now ( now I know where the RAM memory goes ) take a look.

I really want to see what happens at Gamescon.
      Emisary -
      Updated, Reaper of Souls Trailer added
      Castseven -
      No matter how many times people post bad fakes, every year, people keep falling for them - no matter how bad the poor photoshop jobs or ridiculous made up stories are. Everyone seems to remember "leaks" that never happened, with the exception of Cataclysm which was leaked by MMOC 3 days before it was announced at Blizzcon '09.
      Emisary -
      Quote Originally Posted by Castseven View Post
      No matter how many times people post bad fakes, every year, people keep falling for them - no matter how bad the poor photoshop jobs or ridiculous made up stories are. Everyone seems to remember "leaks" that never happened, with the exception of Cataclysm which was leaked by MMOC 3 days before it was announced at Blizzcon '09.
      Haha, what about Mists of Pandaria ?

In August 2011 http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/news...expansion.html

and I'm sure this is not the only post out there about Mists of Pandaria
      timmi72 -
      What about the leak at the front page?
      Emisary -
      Quote Originally Posted by timmi72 View Post
      What about the leak at the front page?
      I guess we'll have to wait and see.