• New generation of games finally here?

There was a time when multiplayer was merely a dream. Two people playing together? Can't be! But now, we all play everything with our friends and family. You can have some fun shooting Counter Strike online, or you could play a split-screen game on your mobile device with a friends. So why not both?

This year, EA got us anxious for Battlefield 4 when they announced you'd be able to play the game on a tablet. With your friends that play online. Holy cow, right? Right! They finally decided to use that damn quad and octa cores we keep in our pockets for more then E-mail and Facebook. You go EA! There's more to it. Some people, myself included, are great with tactics and strategies, but not so much with the actual game. So this creates a perfect opportunity to employ your talents and help your team members without being flamed. And it gets better.

Like a miracle, EA wasn't the only one that figured people actually want to play games on-the-go. Ubisoft saw this one too. Two of their new titles, Watch Dogs and Tom Clancy's The Division will have the feature too. Similar modes in both games, you will assist your friends via mobile device, both Android and iOS supported, by providing logistics, supplies and support. Considering these new games aren't exactly MMORPG, but do contain some elements, while enabling co-op mode with mobile users, they don't really have a name yet. Probably because Massive Multiplayer Mobile Device Open World Role Playing Game would be too much.

I'm not going to name any Blizzards here, but Blizzard was one of the first, if not the first, to connect a mobile application to a PC game, that allowed you some control of your character, while one the go. You could chat. Do some auctions. Kudos to them for bringing the idea, however, isn't that somewhat limited? Don't you feel battlegrounds and raids could use a leader that doesn't have to keep up with their rotation, but is able to give out commands and support in real-time? I know, right. Adding a mobile aspect of an MMORPG game, any of them, would be huge. Let's be honest - most MMORPG games could be played on a mobile device. Sure, the experience might be bad, connection wouldn't handle it, but in theory, you could play it. Look at Neverwinter, you have 5 skills and 2 buttons to spam. I've seen mobile games that have more then that. We can stop stretching it for now, but I'm certain mobile application attached to an MMORPG would do wonders. You would never have to actually quit the game, you have to go on trip, fine, bring a tablet and keep playing! Other then turning people into zombies and addicts for the game, this is a really useful feature. As I stated, there is only so much a game can offer in terms of game modes. By adding a "Spectator with influence" mode, you basically allow players to play without having to play. Don't have that feeling you aren't using your tablets potential to the max when you hold it in your hand? Or that one where you could really use someone to be your eye in the sky, telling you what's going on and what route would be the best? I know I certainly could.

Yay, Ubisoft and EA lit a match and it set everything on fire. They took a chance, they saw an opportunity and grabbed it, which is how it should be done. No innovation is safe, but this one was only natural to come. With so many people owning mobile devices, it was just a matter of time before someone thought to enable them to enjoy a PC/Xbox/PS title too. And that time has come, ladies and gentleman.

What are your thoughts? Would you buy any of the mentioned titles solely because you can play it from your tablet? Or do you think anything that's not a PC should be recycled? Let us know in the comment section below!

BONUS: Controlling a helicopter in Watch Dogs
    Comments 3 Comments
      Dante -
      I need to get a friggin ipad now..
      Fisher -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
      I need to get a friggin ipad now..
      I suggest a Nexus 7, packs a quad core for more then affordable price!
      DeliciousPie -
      You can buy me one too