• Educational forums coming to OwnedCore soon

We here at OwnedCore agree that kids are the future.

Therefore, we will soon be creating a new addition to the forums, “Get smarter using online games”. In fact we have been debating this topic for a long time and we think that now is as good as ever, to do it. For those who didn't know it already, a lot of didactics(how you teach) are put into developing online games, to keep the audience satisfied and content.

What sparked out interest is articles on games such as MineCraft, Simcity and even World of Warcraft, who would believe that slashing monsters in a fantasy world could be good for learning?

A Swedish school has a mandatory MineCraft class

“They learn about city planning, environmental issues, getting things done, and even how to plan for the future,’ Viktor Rydberg teacher Monica Ekman told English-language newspaper The Local. ‘It’s not any different from arts or woodcraft,’ she added.”
    Furthermore, Electronics Arts, have said that they are developing SimCity EDU

“We want to up the ante of SimCity’s educational influence. Through our partnership with GlassLab, SimCity will become the foundation of a program to re-imagine learning in a way that will inspire today’s youth to get excited about STEM education and become the problem solvers of tomorrow.”
    Here are some of the lessons that could be learned through the aforementioned games:

• City planning
    • Environmental issues
    • Getting things done
    • Planning for the future
    • Interactivity
    • Safe online habits
    • Building and making objects using your creativity
    • Computer skills
    • Culture
    • Tourism
    • Etc.

A video to show that we are serious and have given this a lot of thought is the “Minecraft In Education: Pros And Cons“
    Is Minecraft the Ultimate Educational Tool? | Idea Channel | PBS - YouTube

Anyways, we look forward to seeing you in the “Educational” forum soon!

PS: If you want an early glimpse of what we will offer later, you can signup to SimCityEDU here
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Educational forums coming to OwnedCore soon started by KuRIoS View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      matisyahu -
      happy april's fool
      FattyXP -
      lol I was about to say, what so we can hack education games for kids? lol
      MiMi223 -
      Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
      lol I was about to say, what so we can hack education games for kids? lol
      Nice!! lol idk should we?? im just kidding.... or am I?
      TehVoyager -
      Obvious troll was obvious 0/10
      pinny -
      Wow I was about to just never come back to this website haha I feel so stupid for not even realizing it was an April Fool's joke