• Guild Wars 2 launch date announced - August 28th!

Get your gaming mouse, keyboard, and headset ready as Guildwars 2 is set to launch on August 28th of this year! Players will have the opportunity to delve into the fantasy land of Tyria, where epic adventures and mysteries await! Here's a peek at some of the news, along with some epic game play videos!
    After years of anticipation, massively multiplayer online gaming fans will soon get what they've been waiting for: "Guild Wars 2."

The role-playing game from NCSoft and ArenaNet officially launches on August 28, Mike O’Brien, the game's executive producer, announced via his blog Thursday.

"These are exciting times," he wrote. "We’re on the cusp of a new era in online role-playing games."

Anticipation for the game -- which takes place in the fantasy world of Tyria -- is extremely high. Twitter lit up with news of the launch when it hit Thursday morning with Guild Wars 2 and #GW2iscoming among the top trending topics (right after #Obamacare and #SCOTUS)

Developers have been working on "Guild Wars 2" since 2007. O'Brien says they set out to make it "a living breathing online world that challenges convention, that’s designed for fun instead of grind, and that brings social interaction to a new level in an online world."

You can check out the "Guild Wars 2" manifesto here. Meanwhile, to celebrate the launch date reveal, ArenaNet released a new trailer for the game. Check it out below:

"Now that we’re just two months away from launch, we’ll spend our remaining time optimizing, polishing, and balancing the game, to ensure that we provide you with the best launch-day experience we possibly can," O'Brien wrote, also revealing that a final Beta Weekend Event is planned for July 20 to 22.

In-Game editor Todd Kenreck has had an early look at the game and has good things to report. Check out his video preview below:
    http://video.msnbc.msn.com/in-game/47197110#47197110
    Source: 'Guild Wars 2' opens the door to Tyria in August - Ingame on msnbc.com

For me, this is simply amazing! I've been looking for something to do in my spare time other than WoW and Diablo III, and GW2 seems like a really cool alternative!
    Based on videos/gameplay footage you've seen so far, are you excited?
    Will you be buying it in August, when it comes out?
    What would you rate it, just by the videos you've seen?

As always, I love to hear your comments, so leave them down below!
    -phantom325
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Guild Wars 2 launch date announced - August 28th! started by phantom325 View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      LightWave -
      im extremely excited i was a big fan of GW and now GW2 is coming and i have been waiting for a long while for this game.... so from what i have seen and read about im like a kid in a candy store right now
      ValueDD -
      As a competitive player I'm very interested in the structured PvP. Never played the first one but, I'm hoping for a good and balanced PvP
      Cenny -
      This will be just another overhyped failure, probably with tons of "wow" features. I will not buy this until about 40 people tell me it's good after they've played it for 2-3 months. With all the failed MMO's I've played I really don't want to invest time to have the end game blow AGAIN.
      gezus -
      I bought it the day preorders went up .. it's Fantastic... I am slightly concerned with what will happen with PVE end game as the combat mechanics are a bit more free-for-all, and less Tank do this, healer do that... but that being said.. i think there is some serious potential to change how we do PVE endgame currently.

And of course the PVP aspec of the game is incredible.. See you all in Tyria!

@Cenny. I hear you man.. loud and clear... but once you get in and actually touch it .. it's a work of art .. even critters in the world have their own incredible death animations. And the city's and town REALLY feel incredible and rich .. I suggest you at least give it a go..

P.S. seriously. Head out of town and shoot a common rabbit.. the death animation alone is worth the $60 price of the game.. It's EPIC.
      Cenny -
      Theres a point that you crave end game balanced GOOD pvp with a great reward system as well as PVE, death animations will be cool for like 4 hours. Let me know how you feel about it in 3 months
      parajumper -
      Have to say, after the letdown of DIII, I just bought GW2 off of Green Man Gaming . com for 25% off this weekend. I bought the delux edition for $59.97 after teh discount so weee saved $20.