• Star Wars the Old Republic's New Trailer: Join the Fight

Today swtor has released their new trailer at comic con, and I must say it does not live up to the cinematics at all, which I believe is one of the only reasons this game has so much hype. As soon as the video started playing I started laughing, the voices are just not that good, and the imperial agent looks like a high school super nerd. Anyways I'm sure you will still want to see it and maybe someone here can enjoy it.

We are excited to present Join the Fight, an all-new in-game trailer for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ that premiered at San Diego Comic-Con 2011.

The uneasy peace established by the Treaty of Coruscant is broken and both the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire build their armies. As both sides prepare for open war, a new generation of heroes must rise up to meet the challenges of a volatile age, declaring their allegiances and fighting for what they believe in.

If you can’t join us in San Diego, be sure to check back here throughout the convention for more updates. You can also follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook to get the latest updates straight from the convention floor.

The uneasy peace established by the Treaty of Coruscant is broken and both the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire build their armies. As both sides prepare for open war, a new generation of heroes must rise up to meet the challenges of a volatile age, declaring their allegiances and fighting for what they believe in.

From San Diego Comic-Con 2011: Watch the new game trailer, Join the Fight, and choose your side!

As you can see the video doesn't really live up to anyone's expectations least in my opinion, it almost made me reconsider playing the game at all and certainly pre-ordering as well. Hopefully the game is better than this trailer shows it to be.

Sorry if I sound rude, mean, negative, or whatever I was just stating my honest opinion, this is a game I have been following for years and this trailer was a huge let down!

Please comment below and discuss your thoughts on this new trailer!
    Comments 7 Comments
      Sklug -
      Any game that's overhyped never lives up to it... except for half-life 2 of course =p
      jungly -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sklug View Post
      Any game that's overhyped never lives up to it... except for half-life 2 of course =p

Is this soppose to be the next wow killer?
      Jeremiah -
      So far, this game looks like it won't live up to the hype.
      Confucius -
      I personally hate the idea of voice over mmos, I don't want my character to have a given voice and preset lines...
      Ced -
      Just pre-ordered the game! Can't wait to play this, pretty much a Star Wars fan! (still playing kotor/SWG now and then).
      stoneharry -
      I have to agree with the article, the cinematics amazed me and got me to look into it. But after watching actual gameplay footage, I lost all interest.
      thomasden2 -
      If your just talking from what you have seen in this video, you should try to watch some acuall gameplay footage