in This Guide I'm going to Take you through the basic steps of Extracting a model editing it in 3ds max and Re injecting it while keep the same number of Vertices.
1. Model Injector
2. 3ds Max Download Trial Here
Extracting the Model
1. Open the Application and start off by Clicking on the button that says "Open M2"
2. once you have Selected the m2 you now need to click on the "M2 to OBJ" Button
Import The OBJ to 3ds Max
Once you have followed the above steps you will get a .OBJ File. You need to open this file in 3ds max. To do this follow these steps.
1. Open 3ds Max
2. Click on File --> Import
3. Change Files of Type to "WaveFront Object (*.OBJ)"
4. Select Your Model and click import
5. Option Should now pop up make you option look like mine
Editing the Vertices
Before you can edit the Vertices you need to set up some options first.
SELECT YOUR MODEL THEN FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS
Now that you have selected the face option you are now able to move faces around. To select faces on the model all you have to do is simple HOLD Down the control key while clicking your mouse where you want.
Now that you have the faces Selected find this Bar
With this Bar you you can manipulate your faces. I'm going to move mine. Here is an example.
Time to export the model. Follow these steps
1. File --> Export
2. Change Files of Type to "WaveFront Object (*.OBJ)"
3. Save the file name as you please
4. make sure your Options are same as mine below
Now that the model is Complete Time to reinject it back into the m2
1. Select the Original M2 you got the model from
2. Select the modifed OBJ file
3. Click OBJ to M2
4. YOUR DONE
Q. What is i Don't want to Just Move Stuff What if i want to resize it?
A. Look at the tool bar i showed you there is a resize tool
Q. What is i Don't want to select Faces but i want to select a Point on the model
A. On the Side tool bar where you selected "face" select Vertex
If you find you are having troubles such as your object you exported into 3ds max is flat try this.
1. Start By clicking on Start, Settings/Config, Control Panel, Regional and Language Options,
2. Fill Each Tab to Say "English (USA)" Apply your settings Restart your computer and it should be fixed.