Copied from the original tutorial by Hector(Not from MMowned.Com, this guide is from a totally different website)
Sorry I know my screenshots are huge >_<
1) Download and extract MyWarcraftStudio
2) Open MyWarcraftStudio and go to File->Open MPQ Archive and navigate to your World of Warcraft\Data folder. In the Data folder select the file named model.MPQ and click open.
3) On the bottom left make sure that "All File(*.*)" is selected in the dropdown list.
4) On the left side of your screen now there should be a Treeview. Expand the character folder by clicking the little "+" sign on the left of it. Now depending on what you want your character to look like
you need to extract the .m2 (model) file. In this pseudo-tutorial i'm going to be changing my NE Female rogue into a UD Male.
5) Since I want my character to look like a UD male , I need to extract the model for the UD Male. On the Treeview on the left go to Character->Scourge->Male, right click on ScourgeMale.m2 and select
"Extract file to" and save it to your desktop.
6) Now that the model is extracted we need to grab all the textures for a UD male. On MyWarcraftStudio go to File->Open MPQ Arvhive and in the same Data folder there should be a file named texture.MPQ,
select it and click open.
7) On the bottom left make sure its still set to All Files, you should see another treeview on the left side of the screen again. Go to Character->Scourge and right click on the folder named Scourge and
click Extract Folder. Navigate to your desktop and save it to your dekstop named "Scourge"
Now all the textures and the UD Male model are extracted, we need to change them to NE Female so that it overwrites the models we have.
9) The ScourgeMale.m2 file that we saved to the desktop needs to be renamed to NightElfFemale.m2, this goes the same to any model you need to rename, if you are unsure what it should be named you can check
again in the model.MPQ what the default name for the model is.
10) All the texture files with the word ScourgeMale need to be renamed to NightElfFemale now so that we have Undead textures on the body. Rename the "Scourge" folder that we extracted and saved from the
textures.MPQ to "NightElf".
11) Since we are changing character gender also we need to delete the obsolete textures files that we dont need and rename the other folder. Delete the Female subfolder in the NightElf folder that we renamed
and rename the Male folder to Female.
12)Now open the newly renamed Female subfolder. In this folder copy the .m2 file that we renamed to NightElfFemale.m2 in here (it should be on your desktop, thats where we saved it). Your folder should now
look like this.
13) Now all the files with ScourgeMale in the prefix need to be renamed to NightElfFemale so that the textures apply. I used a program called
XnView to replace every file name in the folder with "ScourgeMale" to "NightElfFemale".
14) In XnView navigate to the NightElf Folder on desktop and go into the Female subfolder. When inside the Female Folder go to Edit->Select all and right click on one of the files in the folder, should be
looking something like this.
15) Now do exactly like that I have in this window based on what your going to, like I said we need to rename all the ScourgeMale to NightElfFemale. Do what I have in the SS below and click rename.
16) Now all our files are ready to be added into the MPQ we need to create. Open MyWarcraftStudio and go to Pack->Create MPQ Archive
17) Name the mpq file patch-3 and save it to your desktop, you should have an empty box on the left side and possibly a random settings box in the work area of MyWarcratStudio.
1 We now need to import our files into this MPQ, but first we need to make sure we have the right directory. The folder on your desktop named Night Elf needs to be placed into a new folder named
Character. So just make a new folder on your desktop named Character and drag the NightElf folder inside it.
19) Ok things get a little confusing here just stick with me, open the Character\NightElf folder and pick any of the random texture files in there and copy it to the Character folder, we are doing
this so we can easily import it into MyWarcraftStudio. Should look like this now.
20) Go back to MyWarcraftStudio on the left side of the window right click on the empty box and select Import Folder, go to your Character folder and select the .blp file that we copied in there, just look
at my example.
21) It should look like this now.
22) Now we need to remove that buffer wile we copied so that we could import easier, just look at the SS.
23) We are now done with the MPQ, go to Pack->Save and Close. Copy the patch-3.mpq file into your World Of Warcraft\Data folder and you should be good to go.
If anyone could add on how to fix the facial features, it would be greatly appreciated! I have tried but I cant figured it out. I converted a NE Male to NE Female and the Female had somewhat of a beard Help!! :P