0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Creature to Creature

With the recent amount of posts I've seen in very old outdated guides asking why they cant get them to work I figured that id make my own guide

PROGRAMS NEEDED
    MyWarcraftStudio:http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/index....fileinfo&id=12

OPTIONAL PROGRAM(S)
    Wow model viewer:http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/index....fileinfo&id=24

You can use the model viewer to find the name of a good amount of .m2 files, but see this guide made by Fault to find out the exact way how to
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...dels-name.html

1.Open up Mywarcraftstudio

2.Click the folder and select common.mpq

3.Find what you want to have your model changed into. In this guide that im making ill change Druid Cat Form into the Alliance Cat Form. For creatures look in the folder called Creature. For items look in items. for race swaps look in Character. Mounts/Creatures are in Creature.

4.Backround Info: There is 2 basic file types. .m2 which is the model for everything in the game, and .blp which is the texture. ok now that you know that, the next step is extracting what you want to look like's blp and m2 files. Extract to your desktop or wherever you want, by right clicking the name and hitting Extract File To...

5.Extract to wherever, and do the same with the .blp

6.Now you need to find what you currently have. The It usually isn't too hard. So for me what my file is called is DruidCatTauren.

7.Right click the .m2 and select Copy Treepath... and paste it into a word type document(Notepad is my favorite because it causes no lag)

8.Do the same with the .blp

9.Now go to whereever you extracted the files to. Select the .m2 and rename it to what your m2 of your current model is. So in this guide i will rename the file DruidCat.m2 to DruidCatTauren.m2 You can find your current model's name in the notepad you have open, it is the last part

10.Do the same with your .blp as step 10. So for me i will rename DruidCatSkinBlack.blp to DruidCatTaurenSkinBrown.blp

11.Now you need to write these new files to a .mpq This is the easiest but most tedious part of model editing, becasue the treepath needs to be the same. But thats why you copied the treepath earlier. Go back to Mywarcraftstudio and at the top click Pack(P), and go down to create mpq archieve.

12. Click create mpq archive, and then when the window opens, go to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data, and name the file patch-# or letter, for example patch-4 or you could do patch-a. Click Save

13.Now click Pack(P) and then click, add file to archive. When the window opens click the ... and find the .m2 that you want to add, and click Open, do not click accept yet

14. Now go to your notepad and copy everything of the .m2 before the file name

15. Go back to Mywarcraft studio and click before the file name in the little rectangle and paste it so it should look something like

16. Click accept and do the same for the .blp. When that is done go to Pack(P) and click Save and Close Archive. If all goes well you just completed a successful model change. If not then something went wrong

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...ade-druid.html
    one of my recent model changes that i did. Enjoy

Flame On

[Guide] Creature to Creature
    Bazral's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Guide] Creature -->Creature

Nice guide. Simple and easy to understand.