0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Sound Swap

This guide is useful for many forms of modelchanging. This allows you to change the sound on:
    Weapons
    Characters
    Mobs
    Interface
    Music
    Events
    Spells
    Effects
    And basically anything with sound.
    This guide also shows how to import your own music/sound bites.

SOME BASICS FIRST:
    Here are somethings you should know. There are 2 major sound file types used by blizzard, .wav and .mp3. .Mp3 are you average song file, like something youd DL off of WinMX, Itunes, Limewire, BitTorrent, ect. .Wav are your sound effects, like gunshots, deaths, and shorter sounds. Most sound files are in MP3 format, so i suggest googling for a Mp3 to wav program, wont be hard to find.

Now with the guide:
    FOr this guide we are going to do a swap with The Undercity Music,and switching it to one of the greatest songs, Call Me When Your Sober by Evanescence (Dont u dare rat on them). Now here we go

First open MWS and click Open MPQ. Then Click on Sound:

The Sound.mpq should look like this:

Click on Music, then on click on CityMusic, then on Undercity, then highlight the first one:

Then right click, and select copy treepath:

Open a word processor, Notepad creates least lag, and paste in the tree path

Then we are gonna find our music file. This might be just from another city, but thats no fun. Whats better than hearing ur favorite songs in ur races capital. Now locate the song and copy the file:

Now paste the file in ur Data folder in a sub folder, i named mine Song

Now go back to that notepad, and copy the last part, the undercity01-zone.mp3:

Now rename your song to the undercity01-zone.mp3

Now go back to MWS then click on pack. Click on either Create MPQ archive, or if you have already modelchanged and want to keep what you had, click edit MPQ archive.

Now name the created file speech2, or edit speech 2

Now click on pack and select Add File to MPQ archive

Now find your undercity01-zone, and press open to see this:

Now go back to the notepad document and highlight everything before undercity01-zone.mp3, and copy it.

Then paste it right infornt of undercity01-zone.mp3 so that it looks like this, and then press ok:

Then click the save button and TA DA!!!!

Congratulations, you have just sucessfully modelchanged a song file.

NOTE:
    Sound files are many times split up into zones. I am not fimiliar with these zones, so u might have to do multiple changes to get the whole area to do the same thing
    Also make sure to have your music on loop (its defaulted) so you keep hearing your song
    Speech files are located in the speech.mpq. It works the exact same as the sound

GL Yall and hope you enjoy making World of Warcraft more of your world.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

[Guide] Sound Swap