0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide]Spell Swapping without MES Patch 2.4

As it stands all the DBC files where changed in 2.4 and there are no guides for spell swapping at all. So only experienced people know how to do it. So I thought I would make a guide since not every computer is capable of using the Spell Swap in MES.

For this you need DBC editer or something similiar ( can be found on mmowned just search it ). If you use dbc util and CSVed add on one more column to everything i have typed(CSVed does not take first column as ID lick DBC editer does)

1. Extract your Spell.DBC from C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB patch-enGB.MPQ or similar. Generally speaking use the patch file that is the most recently modified is the best Choice

2. Open this with DBC editor and Sort with column 124. This is the spell name so it is a lot easier to find the animation and the spell you are looking for to swap your current spell with. IE. If you want change mutilate to backstab, look for backstab first.

3. Next you want to go to column 119. In this column is the animation numbers. IE. backstab is 155. Now some spells have multiple numbers, however the one you want to use is the one which has a rank. To check this go to column 141. If this has a rank then that is the correct animation visual for the spell.

4. Now that we have the correct animation number for the spell we want to change. Find the spell you want to swap it with go to column 119 and swap it.You probably can swap all of the animations for the spell instead of just ranked ones but i haven't tried that.

5. Save the file and pack it like you would any other MPQ

Brief Overview of what the important Columns are for this in order

Column 119: contains the number for the animation in the spellvisual.dbc if you want to completely change and animation you have to something new you need to change it in the spellvisual.dbc.

Column 121: I believe this is the spell icon and you can change it by finding the spell Icon number you want the same way i done the animation number. Not tested it so can't say for sure

Column 124: This holds the spell name. You can edit this so it makes have a different name and doesnt effect how the spell works or operates since it checks spell ID number for it. However if you have an addon that looks for a specific spell for warning ETC(mutilatecrit) i wouldn't bother

Column 141: Just holds the name of the rank of the spell i haven't changed it ever but could be worth looking at later

Column 158: This changes the spell description edit it to your hearts content.IE:

Backstab the target, causing $s2% weapon damage plus 15 to the target. Must be behind the target. Requires a dagger in the main hand. Awards $s3 combo $lpoint: points;. Could be changed to "boobs"

Brief FAQ

1. My sound changes when i change the animation. How do i fix this? I honestly dont know not without changing the sound for both the original animation as well and probably isn't possible.

(dont actually have anymore questions for it will edit as necessary)
    PS. I am not going to add images the guide is straight forward.
    Also can't see an appropriate Posticon for it :P

[Guide]Spell Swapping without MES Patch 2.4