Changing your default WoW BGM/Sounds~!
This is for all people who are tired of the default WoW sounds and want to replace it with any custom .mp3 file.
Today were gonna pick Dalaran's street music for example.
Stuff you need:
- Ladik's MPQ Editor ( mpqediten32.zip )
(credits to Ladik for making the editor)
-Your WoW/Data folder.
1. Close any active WoW (else the editor cannot open your .mpq file.)
2. Open the editor, select file, open MPQ, browse to X:\World of Warcraft\Data and select lichking.MPQ and open it.
3. Go to Sounds > Music > ZoneMusic > Dalaran
4. Click and drag your selected .mp3 files into the .MPQ editor, and into the Dalaran folder, it will now appear in the .mp3 list of dalaran.
5. Find out what file you are gonna replace, in our case the dalaran street music, so for me it'll be: DC_IntroUni01.mp3
6. For the convience, rename DC_IntroUni01.mp3 to DC_IntroUni01BackUP.mp3
7. Rename YOURMP3NAME.mp3 to DC_IntroUni01.mp3
8. Go to file > Close MPQ
9. Close the editor, start WoW, go to the scene you changed the music and enjoy your own .mp3!
Note: This also will work for creature sounds, except their soundfiles are .wav, if you want to "silence" a creature, then rename (example IrSpider.wav) to IrNoSpider.wav and the sound of that creature will be muted.
The WoW sounds are located as following:
Default WoW = common-2.MPQ
WoW BC = expansion.MPQ
WoW LK = lichking.MPQ
WoW LK 3.1.0 = patch.MPQ
WoW LK 3.2.0 = Patch-2.MPQ
WoW LK 3.3.0 = patch-3.MPQ
I do not know if this is save, but i have not been banned myself for this, i've been using this for over 2 weeks now, so it appears safe atleast for me.
Have fun experimenting with your WoW BGM/Sounds~!
Nice tutorial, well you aren't that far off but this actually needs to be posted in the wow model editing guide section, this section is mainly for normal guides. But heck nice job on doing it, helped me in a way
Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row row, Fight the power.
Oh damnit, sorry for that >x< could a mod move it there please?
You could also not edit the mpq's and just put it in folders like if in the mpq its "Sounds//Music//ZoneMusic//Dalaran"
Make a folder in your data folder called Sounds in that folder Music in that folder ZoneMusic and in that folder Dalaran then put in the mp3 with the same name and TADA!!! your done
Might be the wrong section, but a nice contribution none the less. Great to see new members of the community giving something back =)
Repx3 from me.
Hehe, glad some people like it.
If any of you have question, i'll monitor this post for a couple of days~