Zeppelin model change possible? [1.12.1] menu

User Tag List

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zeppelin model change possible? [1.12.1]

Dear ME community,

would it be possible to modify Vanilla Zeppelin model in order to bypass the "fall-through" issue that Mac players are facing on vast majority of Vanilla servers? The issue with Vanilla Mac client is that player spawns shortly before the Zeppelin does and therefore the player falls through it. In good case scenario it means several minutes of swimming, in worse cases it means death by fatigue or fall damage. Because Mac players are in minority, this is usually very low on the priority list for the server devs and very rarely gets fixed.

One possible server-side fix is to slightly adjust players' z-axis value post teleport, which will make them fall on the Zeppelin's deck instead of falling through it.

My question is this: would anyone here be able to modify the Zeppelin's model in a way that would allow to climb few feet above the Zeppelin's deck, therefore simulating the server-side fix of giving Zeppelin enough time to spawn after teleport, allowing Mac players to land on the deck?

The goal isn't to gain any unfair advantage but rather to allow Mac players to travel with the same convenience as Window players.

Thank you
    Last edited by eSko; 03-22-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Zeppelin model change possible? [1.12.1]
    ReznikShaman's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    60/85
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this one and give feedback.

Patch-T

3. Thanks eSko, brotalnia (2 members gave Thanks to ReznikShaman for this useful post)
    eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sad day today... The edit is just great, better than what I ever hoped for, but unfortunately it doesn't fix the issue. I am afraid that this issue might not be fixable from the client-site and unless the server developers decide to do something about it, travelling as a Mac player will remain the pain it is today...

As seen in the video, the zeppelin seems to be quite far ahead when the scenery loads - maybe it would help to add some sort of bridges (or other long, horizontal objects) to the tail of the zeppelin so even if the player spawns behind it, it would still have something solid below its feet to stand on... But that's pure speculation based on visual cues...

Thank you Reznik for your work. Very much appreciated!

If anyone got any other idea how to fix this annoyance client-site, please let me know.
    Last edited by eSko; 03-28-2017 at 06:54 PM.

ReznikShaman's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    60/85
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i can try add object before WMO model of zepp / ship :-)

6. Thanks eSko (1 members gave Thanks to ReznikShaman for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for trying Reznik <3