1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model and texture editing in 7.0.3?

So with the new expansion pre-patch, it seems all of my old model and texture changes are no longer working. I'm using the WoD method of putting the edits in the installation directory (ex. \World of Warcraft\Character\BloodElf\Male\), and I have downloaded jh16's patched 7.0.3 client, but still no dice on edited models/textures.

Is there a new method we have to follow in order for model editing to take effect?

Model and texture editing in 7.0.3?
    jh16's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same method however, you need to extract the data from the Legion client and edit those directly. Otherwise the client won't accept it for some reason.

3. Thanks zauana, Sakuras (2 members gave Thanks to jh16 for this useful post)
    zauana's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah gotcha, thanks a ton man!

Quimmaged's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zauana View Post
    So with the new expansion pre-patch, it seems all of my old model and texture changes are no longer working. I'm using the WoD method of putting the edits in the installation directory (ex. \World of Warcraft\Character\BloodElf\Male\), and I have downloaded jh16's patched 7.0.3 client, but still no dice on edited models/textures.

Is there a new method we have to follow in order for model editing to take effect?
    I was also trying this last night, except I had done fresh extracts on the current client (7.0.3) and tried getting a different model to show within \World of Warcraft\Character\Scourge\Male\.
    To test out, I was trying to replace the SCOURGEMale_HD.m2 with the Orc one, just to see if it would register the difference when running the game. No such luck.

Using the same patcher from jh16 too (32 & 64 versions), I was able to get the Loading Screens jh16 also posted to show up correctly.

Not sure what is up...

(I haven't dabbled in anything model editing related for YEARS. But the forced removal of old character animations has caused me to find a way around.)

zauana's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright I've been trying to get this to work for a few days now but no such luck. I'm trying to edit the female BE skin textures to be paler, and also to swap the Troll cat/bear/travel forms to the NE variants.

I'm using CASC-Explorer to extract the files, is this not relevant anymore? I've extracted all of the files in exactly the same manner as I did for WoD (which worked fine), and I'm using jh16's latest .exe, but neither the BE textures nor the Troll druid models are taking effect.

jh16's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will admit there are some weirdness things with the current client. I'm hoping Blizzard will get their crap together and things will start working properly.

Hopefully I hear back from someone to get their opinion regarding if there is a better way to get custom data to load within the game.

8. Thanks Sakuras (1 members gave Thanks to jh16 for this useful post)
    zauana's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear! Let me know if you find any further information on getting texture/model edits to work with the live client!

ducharrier's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game is almost constantly being updated, so make sure you have your up-to-date fixed WoW.exe, which allows the patches to load with the game itself. Otherwise nothing will work.

lululalaland's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i followed the instructions above with the extracting the models and such ... ive changed my BeF -> NeF (although the hair seems to only work with the night elven textures ... so that my BeM gotta run around with green and purple hair but **** this)
    My question is: How do you find certain spells ? i mean ive changed the divine storm spell effect to the mop/wod version since i cant get the wotlk version back.... That was pretty easy because i found the name on wowhead. However i really want to change the Mana divining stone aura to the legendary cloak wings from melee dps, but i cant seem to find the aura of the item effect. Unlike in tmorph i cant simply change it although i have the spell id from wowhead and the Cloak effect extracted from casc explorer. Can someone help me to find the spell effect in casc ? Or even better tell me how to search for such things in casc (i know there is the searchbar for names ... but i cant find it anyway).