0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of questions concerning edits...

Yup, tonight I started playing around with model editing, found it difficult to begin with, but eventually got it

Now, I'm altering my char and my demons...

So far pretty happy with my Void Walker ^^

Have a few questions though...

I tried changing my hair style, Female Human, but with no luck, I just cant find them amongst it all...

Second, Im assuming that models that used 2 files...like a .m2 and a single .blp cant use 1 .m2 file and 2 .blp's?

Perfect example of this is the Outland Armored Voidwalker, you have the m2, and skin itself, and the skin for his armor....I just couldnt get its armor on

So, help appreciated.... ^^
    Last edited by LingMei; 08-13-2007 at 05:52 AM.

So I started with Model Edits :D
    Abcdetc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: So I started with Model Edits :D

Not too sure about this since I'm still trying to learn this stuff myself, but have you tried switching which .blp you use? From the looks of it, it's probably one or the other. Would be like trying to have 2 different hairstyles (which btw I know nothing about.) All I can really suggest is trial and error.
    Also could you quickly tell me how you like, saved the .mpq after you did all of the switching/changing/editing stuff? :\

LingMei's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...guess you're right, I can join exchange it with the swirly vortex

as for saving .mpq's...

"By Thruid"
    Let me see if I can help some people out, went ahead and tried to update the Nutshell part.

1) open mywarcraft studio

2) go to common or patch.MPQ

3) find the name of the model you have that you want to change, write it down into your notepad.

4) find the .m2 of the model you want to be, then make a folder in your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data then make a folder called Creature, then make a folder called the name of what you have that you want to change.

5) right click and extract the .m2 of the thing you want to be in there.

6) rename it to the thing you have.

7) go to common or patch.MPQ

look for the .blp name of the thing you have, write it down in notepad.

9) look for the .blp of the thing you want, to be, then right click and extract that to the folder called the thing that you want to change.

10) rename the .blp of what you want to be, to the .blp of the thing you already have that you want to change.

11) click on Pack(P) then create new MPQ archive, go to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data, then make a file there called patch-#.MPQ (# being 4 through 9)

12)then click on add file to archive, click the ... button to browse, go to the folder you made in your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data, then double click the .m2 or .blp, then look at the top of the folder, and copy the Creature\***** part, then make it so it says Creature\*****\*****.m2 or .blp, the ***** is the name of the folder of the thing you have that you want to change.

13) do it for the .blp and .m2, then go to Pack(p) and click Save and close archive and your done.
    This is how I learned it all :P It took some time figuring out the last bit, but like you said, trial and error...

Regarding the hair, I tried the trial and error process, only result was a different color, from a dirty blond to a grey haired witch... meh...
    Last edited by LingMei; 08-13-2007 at 02:59 AM.

Abcdetc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not entirely sure you actually can change the hair styles now that I think about it, because all of the race --> race model edits I've seen have had pretty much same face/hair styles.

But for the .mpq thing
    ..."then double click the .m2 or .blp, then look at the top of the folder, and copy the Creature\***** part, then make it so it says Creature\*****\*****.m2 or .blp, the ***** is the name of the folder of the thing you have that you want to change."
    This is where I'm having trouble. When I go to Pack and Add File to Archive, I just go in, select my .m2 and .blp files (which were files for another thing, but changed name to the ones I want them to be, hopefully you know what I mean by this,) then all I have on the archive is the 2 files. When I opened up another model edit patch it had folders containing the files, something that I have absolutely no idea how to deal with

LingMei's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm...ok...I'll try and make a small walkthrough as how to do it...give me a few min...

So, my guide: Creating and saving your MPQs

First things first, just to make sure, the file that you extracted from the common/patch MPQ and saved it somewhere, must be renamed to the file you're trying to replace...

so, in my case, Im replaceing "VoidWalker.blp" with "VoidWalkerOutland.blp" -> renamed the VoidWalkerOutland.blp to VoidWalker.blp, hope you got this...

now...on to the guide...

Open MWS and follow the pictures everyone loves pictures! ^^

Create a MPQ file, and name it patch-# s(# number 1-9)

As that is done...

Now, click the " ... " and find the file you extracted and renamed...in my case VoidWalker.blp

Now, after having found the file and double clicked on it, you need to type in the EXACT location of the file you're tying to replace...so...if Im replacing the VoidWalker, it's in the CREATURE folder, followed by VoidWalker...simple...this is also the most important bit, it's case sensetive, so make sure you type in correctly...

Now, if you did everything correctly, it should look something like this... then simply Pack it, and click Save and Close...

A rough sketch of what's suppose to be done....do tell me if you're still having trouble...
    Last edited by LingMei; 08-13-2007 at 04:04 AM.

caek123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youll have to do a dbc edit if the creature has more then one texture

Thanks to vemonou5 for my sig and avatar!

Squirr3l's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cannot (at least not easily) change the 'model' of a hair style, but you can recolor or retexture them.

they are in about three-four parts.
    PM me and bug me, and I'll remember to type more info...right now I cannot recall the specifics.
    Confucius say, "Die in Fire, pleases Squirr3l."

Demonkunga's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)