Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help] Keeping costume textures and modding in 3.3.2

moved from other forum

I updated and logged in to find you can't have costume patches (or at least I don't know a way to) anymore. I understand you can item swap with Glitches' tool, but all my model edits had been done with costume design textures. Is there still a way to use all the old files I had been using in 3.3 and if so how?

If there is a tutorial on this I apologize for posting this, I was unable to find one that dealt with this specific issue and if there is one please just post me the link.

[Help] Keeping costume textures and modding in 3.3.2
    Alexial's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ((Copied from the other thread in the wrong section))

I'm not sure what you mean by 'costume patch'. What did the patches you were using change? All of my model edits work as they normally did after the patch.

I understand you can item swap with Glitches' tool, but all my model edits had been done with costume design textures.
    Do you mean you had custom textures on specific items? If that's the case I can probably help you out if you can elaborate a little more on the specific issue.
    Last edited by Alexial; 02-04-2010 at 07:06 PM.

ddftrick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had made my own textures and had changed the models around in files like patch-a, -b, etc. When the new patch came out if I had any of those patches in the data folder I got an error saying something to the like of, "could not validate your wow account" or something like that and I could not log on.

When I removed the custom patch files I could log on without a problem, so i figured I could not have the patches listed the way I had before.

Am I missing something that would let me keep doing this?

Alexial's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ddftrick View Post
    I had made my own textures and had changed the models around in files like patch-a, -b, etc. When the new patch came out if I had any of those patches in the data folder I got an error saying something to the like of, "could not validate your wow account" or something like that and I could not log on.

When I removed the custom patch files I could log on without a problem, so i figured I could not have the patches listed the way I had before.

Am I missing something that would let me keep doing this?
    If they are just texture edits, it won't have an issue, but if you actually swapped model pieces AND textures, I would take a look at Glitchy's Item changer thread ( http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...ompatible.html ) for more info since you may need WoWME to get it to work. Check that link out above, and see if that's what you mean.

I don't know about the newer methods of editing the DBC to change things unfortunately; I do stuff by using the M2 and BLP files, so none of my edits need WoWME.
    Last edited by Alexial; 02-05-2010 at 08:59 AM.