Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[HELP] M2import-Script (3ds Max 9); weird bone orientation

Hi, my name's Mac.

I've already searched the forum (and google) for several hours now without success. Hope this is the right forum.

I'd like to test some stuff with a World of Warcraft-Model (CleftHoove). I've already done the following:

I extracted a World of Warcraft-Model (CleftHoove.m2; source: expansion.mpq (unpatched TBC-Client), extracted with "MyWarcraftStudio 0.10.6337") and imported it into 3ds Max 9 using a converted m2-import-script ("M2Import.ms" base by tom, modifications by ufoz and Darjk) which can be found in the attached ZIP-File). The mesh and the UV-coords were imported correctly, as well as the bone-weighting and the animations, BUT:

1. All bones have a weird position and orientation (the animations play fine though). Is there a way to get them into a "proper shape" (skeleton)? Although I have some years experience in modelling and rigging (only on existing bone-skeletons / bipeds and animations) with Max, I hardly ever did animations which means I don't know a lot about it yet.

2. The imported animations are all in one "piece" (e.g.: the first 80 frames of the animation are the "walk animation", the next 80 frames are the "idle animation", etc.). Is there a possibility to "split" them into multiple parts, e.g. "walk"-, "idle"-, "run"-, "attack"-animation, etc.?

I've attached the imported clefthoove-file (clefthoove.max), the original clefthoove.m2 (exported with MyWarcraftStudio 0.10.6337), the corresponding .tga-file and the 3ds Max-m2-import-Script (just in case someone want's to try it).

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks very much in advance.

Greetings

Mac

PS: Unfortunately it isn't possible to attach the ZIP-File??? It always says "Upload of File failed"... Maybe someone could upload it for me? I'll send the ZIP-File by e-mail.
    Last edited by 999loki999; 07-01-2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: File-Upload

[HELP] M2import-Script (3ds Max 9); weird bone orientation