Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Race Swaps. Missing files. DBC edit or copy+paste?

Human Male for example has 23 different face types. Scourge Male has 9. If the HuM I'm converting has face 10 for example, the texture will simply be missing the facial feature; invisible hole where there should be a feature. What I'm looking to do is out of the box working working models so every feature is working properly, not just my character.

The way I'm about to try seems tedious. Converting a Human Male into a Scourge Male. I rename all ScM into HuM. Now I have HumanMaleFaceLower 00 to 09. Though HuM's 00_, 02_, and 11_ have _00 to _12 files. What I'm about to do is copy and paste 00_00 to 00_03 and rename those four files into 00_09 to 00_12. Now if the game looks for any HumanMaleFaceLower for 00_ it will find it. Since ScM only goes to 09_ and HuM goes to 23_ I have to create 10_ to 23_ by copy+pasting and renaming files. Lots of numbers but I think you understand what I mean if you know about model editing.

Is this were DBC editing comes in? Can you tell the DBC to refer to HumanMaleFaceLower01_01.blp when it looks for HumanMaleFaceLower16_01.blp for example? The DBC editing is really confusing to me because I don't know what half the values mean and every guide I've read doesn't either. They just say "um change either this column or this column to 2 3 4 etc then it will work". That doesn't teach me anything.

This isn't just for facial features either. Different races have different number or hair styles, hair color, skin color, etc.

EDIT:
    Well I went through and copied and renamed every file. The hair isn't perfect; some have that little extra hair on the scalp, I needed to add a CharacterFacialHairStyles which I'm not really sure what I did, and the helm fix isn't working. But it's really clean minus the helm fix. I can get a sloppy edit with a working helmfix or this , I think great edit, with no helm fix. Anyone have a clue why the helm fix isn't working?
    Last edited by ubermonkey; 02-28-2009 at 02:41 AM. Reason: responding

Race Swaps. Missing files. DBC edit or copy+paste?