0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Info and Help With General Model Editing / Getting Back up to Speed

I have been out of wow for about 6 months now. Last patch I played was 2.4. Like I figured none of my model edits (helms/shields/weapons/spells/creatures) works anymore, but texture edits still hold up just fine.
    I am running Windows XP btw

Here are some questions I need help with to get back up to speed with model editing in WTLK

Wow model viewer crashes on me with my old version whenever I try to look at a model (wowmodelview-0.5.0 and the new Model Viewer gives me an error sign when I first start up the program (Some DBC files could not be loaded. – File list has been disabled until you are able to correct this problem.) Since I can’t start editing without first seeing the models, I need to get model viewer working again. Anyone help with this issue?

Second is Mywarcraftstudio. I have version 0.10.6337 but I still have the problem whenever you click on the M2 files, or the new skin files, I get the “MyWarCraftStudio has encountered a problem and needs to close” thing. Is there a way to fix this without having to disable it trying to render the m2 files?

Finally I have my MPQ files from back when I played during 2.4. I also have WoWME installed in my folder and I use it as directed (start up with program, hit F8, log in) but the models are not fixed. I get a black screen and when I move away from the character and back the character has appeared (with modded textures) but the model edits (such as the edited sword) has just vanished as if my character isn’t holding one. Anyone know how I can fix the model edits without doing HEX editing?

Any direct info, or a link to a guide that deals with similar issues that I am having will gain +rep. Thanks for the help and the time, I want to get back to not looking like a gimp.

Need Info and Help With General Model Editing / Getting Back up to Speed
    schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3.0.2 & WotLK model viewer (Fans Update)
    delete M2Craft.dll
    the formats have changed. edits have to be done again. don't miss the new .skin and .anim files.

ddftrick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot and see if that fixes my problem. Any info on how to get warcraftstudios to work right?

schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each line was the answer on one paragraph.