0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Changing the handedness of a weapon in a hex editor

I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas about how to change the handedness of a weapon. The problem arose when I changed my main hand and off hand swords into the fist weapon Mounting Vengeance. This weapon is of the off hand type and thus appears correctly on my off hand but on my main hand it is being held the wrong way. With most other fist weapons a mirror image version exists allowing for a simple swap. However, no such alternative exists for this weapon.

Is there anyway for someone to change which side of your hand a fist weapon appears on through the use of a hex editor (I use XVI)? Thanks a ton for any help that can be provided.

[Question] Changing the handedness of a weapon in a hex editor
    *ChAoS*'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kimdracula View Post
    I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas about how to change the handedness of a weapon. The problem arose when I changed my main hand and off hand swords into the fist weapon Mounting Vengeance. This weapon is of the off hand type and thus appears correctly on my off hand but on my main hand it is being held the wrong way. With most other fist weapons a mirror image version exists allowing for a simple swap. However, no such alternative exists for this weapon.

Is there anyway for someone to change which side of your hand a fist weapon appears on through the use of a hex editor (I use XVI)? Thanks a ton for any help that can be provided.
    There is probably another weapon in your cache or you do not have that weapon in your cache yet. You could try doing it through mywarcraftstudio. Its not quite as easy and you need the MEF to run it, but it gets the job done. Usually though, there is a left and right hand version of each weapon.

clownshoes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by theblackmage View Post
    Usually though, there is a left and right hand version of each weapon.
    Theres your answer.

Though maybe theres an option like sheath, where you change e.g. a 3 to a 1 to move the weapon to your back.

Kimdracula's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping to avoid the use of studio. I thought there might be some sort of trick in the hex editor similar to changing the sheath position or some trick to figuring out the hex code of the mirror version of the weapon. Thanks for the help though.