0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Drhank View Post
    I've updated it so it's possible to work for patch 5.2, not everything works but Tree of Life (must have the glyph), Cheetah (with glyph), cat forms, moonkin and possibly swift flightform do work. See: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ted-5-2-a.html (Andrige's DoA Shapeshift Skins updated for 5.2!)

Also only tested on Night Elf. Tauren will work for sure (but untested). But Worgen & Troll will not likely work.

Oh man, the grin on my face.
    I have e-mail subscription to this thread, so I was quite surprised to a reply from this ol' place and that the pack was brought back to life!
    The textures and models look beyond dated at this point, but I guess they're still good for nostalgia.

Cheers Drhank!
    Last edited by Andrige; 05-14-2013 at 11:38 AM.

[Model Reskin] Druids of Azeroth - New Shapeshift Skins
    Drhank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Andrige View Post

Oh man, the grin on my face.
    I have e-mail subscription to this thread, so I was quite surprised to a reply from this ol' place and that the pack was brought back to life!
    The textures and models look beyond dated at this point, but I guess they're still good for nostalgia.

Cheers Drhank!
    Dude, this stuff was the best thing for my druid back in the day. I was just happy to get this thing working again in 5.2 (atleast most of the stuff). Yes it's kind of outdated but Tree of Life still looks better this way. And I guess it's quite nostalgic indeed to see this stuff again. While arguably the new (blizzard) forms are quite better, I do like the cat form you made (both for alliance and horde) and it's a reason I'm using this again. If I had some more knownledge about actual model editing/ texturing I would update this quite alot better but you should honestly consider returning to this project.

Anyways I'll happily continue to use your tree of life form, and I thank you for reuploading & hosting the files on your own server because I'd lost them ages ago!

Andrige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Drhank View Post
    Dude, this stuff was the best thing for my druid back in the day. I was just happy to get this thing working again in 5.2 (atleast most of the stuff). Yes it's kind of outdated but Tree of Life still looks better this way. And I guess it's quite nostalgic indeed to see this stuff again. While arguably the new (blizzard) forms are quite better, I do like the cat form you made (both for alliance and horde) and it's a reason I'm using this again. If I had some more knownledge about actual model editing/ texturing I would update this quite alot better but you should honestly consider returning to this project.

Anyways I'll happily continue to use your tree of life form, and I thank you for reuploading & hosting the files on your own server because I'd lost them ages ago!
    Thanks man! It's kind of cool how appreciated these shoddy amateur models were back then.

Sorry if I'm gushing 'feels' here, but it's been a while since I talked about this project now...
    I even made close friends with a guy Poland who I've been chatting nearly daily for years because of this project.
    I also picked up game design and game art due to the warm welcoming of this project, as it was in a time where I needed to decide what to do with myself.

And about working on this again... I'm not in the same seat now compared to then, where I had tons of spare time. Now I got game ideas I want to fulfill, my own game projects, the life of the unemployed, and so on. So even though I'd probably have a fun time revisiting the Druid in WoW, there's no reason really (Blizz finally caved in and gave us new models!) and I don't play the game any longer. Also there's actually no knowledge about model editing required, as all I only did was really retouching the textures, and only much later in the process when Glitchy (who I talk to from time to time) developed the injection tool was when I did anything on the model itself. And even then, it was only a matter of moving polygons on existing models. I say you could probably do it!

And excuse me for offending anyone (on the internet? Noo...), but if someone has news on model editing tools for Guild Wars 2, I'm all ears!
    I feel like some areas of that game could stand a bit of modding.
    Last edited by Andrige; 05-14-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Drhank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man! It's kind of cool how appreciated these shoddy amateur models were back then.

Sorry if I'm gushing 'feels' here, but it's been a while since I talked about this project now...
    I even made close friends with a guy Poland who I've been chatting nearly daily for years because of this project.
    I also picked up game design and game art due to the warm welcoming of this project, as it was in a time where I needed to decide what to do with myself.

And about working on this again... I'm not in the same seat now compared to then, where I had tons of spare time. Now I got game ideas I want to fulfill, my own game projects, the life of the unemployed, and so on. So even though I'd probably have a fun time revisiting the Druid in WoW, there's no reason really (Blizz finally caved in and gave us new models!) and I don't play the game any longer. Also there's actually no knowledge about model editing required, as all I only did was really retouching the textures, and only much later in the process when Glitchy (who I talk to from time to time) developed the injection tool was when I did anything on the model itself. And even then, it was only a matter of moving polygons on existing models. I say you could probably do it!

And excuse me for offending anyone (on the internet? Noo...), but if someone has news on model editing tools for Guild Wars 2, I'm all ears!
    I feel like some areas of that game could stand a bit of modding.
    Guild Wars 2? I played that for a bit but for some reason could never get really into it (was really excited about it pre-release tho), I guess Mists of Pandaria just was the more fun game for me, still is tho I might look into GW2 again. One of the big issues I had is that while the whole game ran perfect and smooth on the highest graphics settings, as soon as there were big "raids" going on (those events) fps would go to 5-10fps.. even when putting the graphics settings on the lowest it still would be around 10-20fps. Really buggy I guess, I wonder if there's been some patches released already that fixed it.

And yea I agree that Blizzard did kinda fix the druid form models themselves, tho I wish they would look again at moonkin and tree of life (the 'new' ToL which is just a 30sec thing is a pretty ugly model imo). But considering that ToL already has a new model and the old model is only in glyph form (for nostalgic reasons probably) it's not likely that it's gonna get changed. Moonkin form might see an update but with the glyph to change it to "Astral form" laying around that is also not too likely. I guess it would be pretty ****ing awesome if you could change moonkin form to those Ethereal mobs, specially looking cool as casters. But I'm not sure if those have all the animations (of mounting for example).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guild Wars 2 definitely isn't for everybody, but to me it's just the sort of game which delivers a lot while not demanding anything from me.
    I don't lose out on money just because the game isn't running, and it has one impressively large world to just wander around in when you feel like it. Oh, and it's goddamn gorgeous world at that. I don't have any delusions of doing anything similar to raiding so I guess its part of growing up, so for those sort of people who can't be bothered to power-play a mmo with raiding and gear treadmilling, then GW2 is pretty damn good value for money. Just sort of wish they'd have a better grip on quality of life improvements in UI and abilities, small almost unnoticeable snags have been left in there since launch.

Anyway, as I said I haven't played WoW in ages, but I googled a bit and jeebus the new ToL looks derpy with that nose. Do people a favor and undo that thing!
    And yeah, animations, particle effects and texture sizes are a bitch for model editing. They'll probably just end up standing on the mount in a T-pose. It takes a bit of looking in WoWModelViewer to find compatible models that can jump/mount/strafe.

Drhank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guild Wars 2 definitely isn't for everybody, but to me it's just the sort of game which delivers a lot while not demanding anything from me.
    I don't lose out on money just because the game isn't running, and it has one impressively large world to just wander around in when you feel like it. Oh, and it's goddamn gorgeous world at that. I don't have any delusions of doing anything similar to raiding so I guess its part of growing up, so for those sort of people who can't be bothered to power-play a mmo with raiding and gear treadmilling, then GW2 is pretty damn good value for money. Just sort of wish they'd have a better grip on quality of life improvements in UI and abilities, small almost unnoticeable snags have been left in there since launch.

Anyway, as I said I haven't played WoW in ages, but I googled a bit and jeebus the new ToL looks derpy with that nose. Do people a favor and undo that thing!
    And yeah, animations, particle effects and texture sizes are a bitch for model editing. They'll probably just end up standing on the mount in a T-pose. It takes a bit of looking in WoWModelViewer to find compatible models that can jump/mount/strafe.
    True about Guild Wars 2, and I can't argue with you that it's a very beautiful game. Will probably check it out later if I feel like playing it again.

And about wow model edits I have to admit one thing I noticed, it's dead. Well almost, but I remember these forums (and other) back in tbc were alot more alive. Nowadays it seems people aren't really doing it anymore. Might be just me though, but idk.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fine not to like it, heck I'd probably give WoW a go again just to experience the insanely (over)developed classes. I picked up playing my Druid a year back due to a trial period, and by then I hadn't played for about three years. It was like muscle memory to get back to the class again. It's a nice feeling to return to a character you know in and out, but the rest of the game... not so much. It doesn't warrant 150:- SEK a month from me at least. Also... what the f*ck is up with those completely untouched vanilla race character models...

And yes, model editing is pretty much dead. I guess only goes to show that Blizzard have upped their graphics enough to prevent enthusiasts from thinking they could do better with just some elbow grease and lots of spare time.

Drhank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fine not to like it, heck I'd probably give WoW a go again just to experience the insanely (over)developed classes. I picked up playing my Druid a year back due to a trial period, and by then I hadn't played for about three years. It was like muscle memory to get back to the class again. It's a nice feeling to return to a character you know in and out, but the rest of the game... not so much. It doesn't warrant 150:- SEK a month from me at least. Also... what the f*ck is up with those completely untouched vanilla race character models...

And yes, model editing is pretty much dead. I guess only goes to show that Blizzard have upped their graphics enough to prevent enthusiasts from thinking they could do better with just some elbow grease and lots of spare time.
    Blizzard is already working on those models and it's rumored to be updated/released with either the upcoming patch 5.3 or 5.4. Graphic wise it will be equal quality to the new MoP models. About time tho, it's so outdated.
    Btw it's confirmed by Blizzard a while ago that it's for either one of those upcoming patches, you can probably find the blue post somewhere (search mmo-champion.com).

Drhank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Andrige if you still remember, what did you do with the "TAURENTREEpatch-4.MPQ" file? It's considerably bigger in filesize then the night elf equivalent (800kb vs 62kb) and also it does not work (not showing up any model). Just wondering if you did something special with that file, as it's equal in size to the big pack that includes bear/cat/moon for both NE and tauren, did you include multiple models in that one?

deimos7447's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi can u please update the worgen skins for 1.12.a? playing on elysium server

Hi can u please update the worgen skins for 1.12.a? playing on elysium server..
    the worgen skins don't work in patch 1.12 vanilla, can u please make them work? thanks

detert's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!

Is it possible to do this reskin with the werebear from legion? so that i can reskin my wotlk bear to a legion werebear?