This is alot easier than it looks. Alright I'm sure this has been posted before but this is what I do and it seems simple. Some programs you will need to have are windows, wow model viewer, and a program called XVI32. I've broken it down into steps with screenies. This is my first guide so bear with me. Make sure you have these program installed before doing anything.
1. Run XVI32 and press the open button. (File open or ctrl+open). Now locate your world of warcraft folder, go into the Cache foler, then WDB, and then enUS. http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=Openthis.jpg Open item cache.
2. Today we will be editing my rogues lobotomizer into a thunderfury. Whenever I type say lobotomizer it will mean your CURRENT weapon and thunderfury will be the weapon YOU WANT! So I will press ctrl+f and make sure it is set to find text string, not case sensitive, direction would be down, and scope from beginning. I would type in Lobotomizer. Your search should look like mine but without lobotomizer and instead your weapon or armor.
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...ent=Search.jpg Press ok and on the right the items name will pop up.
3. You should see its name a few times repeated. On the last one click on the last letter. For me it would be r. On the left you will see a bunch of confusing letters and numbers. When you select the letter something on the left would highlight. If its not "00" which it usually isnt, in this case its 72, go to the right of the r until it is "00". We will be focusing on the next 4 digits to the right. (BEA4 in this case). http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...tletters-1.jpg
4. Go into the folder that you downloaded wow model viewer to. Open the file named "Items". I use Notepad. Once you open it press ctrl+f and type in the weapon you want, for me thunderfury. Press find next. It has thunderfury highlighted. http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...hunderfury.jpg
5. Go to start/run. Type in calc and press enter. Go to view-scientific. http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...rrent=Calc.jpg It should be set to Dec. Alright now go back to the items text thing and to the left of thunderfury there should be numbers. The second number from the left is the one we want. Heres a screenie if you dont understand. http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...ighlighted.jpg Copy and paste it into the calculator. http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...=Copypaste.jpg Once it entered at the top press hex. http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...oupresshex.jpg
6. There should be a 4 digit word thing. In this case 778E. This is essential. Split that word in half. 77 8E. Put the last half in the front. 8E 77. Put them back together. 8E77, here is the number for thunderfury. Now go back to XVI32. Remember the "00" on the left after the last letter in the last lobotomizer? Well for the next 4 digits after that we are going to change. So select for me BE and type 8E77. It should fill up 2 boxes.
7. In XVI32 press CTRL+S to save. Start up WoW and enjoy. It wont show up on the character selection screen. This is my first post on this website ever so give me some insight. Here is the complete product, as you can see I have changed some of my other gear also. Message me for questions.