0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: patch

MC has been removed, and I have completed the full repair utility 4 times now. I just don't understand. When trying to run WoW.exe on its own w/o a MC I get this-----------------------------------------:
    ERROR #131 (0x85100083) File Corrupt
    Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    File: E:\build\buildWoW\WoW\Source\Client.cpp
    Line: 2146

patch
    MightyEskimo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by A_Snake01
    You added files to patch-2.mpq. Christ that's stupid.

Run the repair tool. All will be well after that, but really.. Don't ever do that again.
    Well actually, i had about 6 patch files before, and one day i noticed that for some reason, when i removed a patch file the edit was still there. so i looked in patch-2 and ~GASP~ there was all my model edits mixed in with everything else.. i dunno, maybe i was supposed to kno this happenes or somthing? 99.9% of what i know about model editing is self taught so i had no idea what i did was "stupid". ANyway i moved all model edits in there and havent had a problem til now. But thanks anyways.:confused:

Gregaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well **** this i guess im owned. time to insert discs for the next hour.

XtraT's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did that for me this afternoon, simply had to delete all my patch-#.mpq and run the Repair tool.

Sorry if I post that too late =)

Nugma's Avatar Field Marshal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember to make backup of patches, Gregaroth.

Criticism's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty for making the new exe. but there is a small problem with it. It runs the model changes fine, but i have my tilda button "~" bound to a key, and when i hit tilda i get black command field about 3" down from the top of the screen that gives some info concerning item profiencies, and some combat log. Is there anyway to get the tilda button unbound. I've tried running wow w/o the exe. and the tilda button works fine. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated

bump, i hope i don't get flammed for that, but it's not like my question is a how to make it work, it works already i just use my tilda button for an important spell and would like it back.
    Last edited by Criticism; 03-07-2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

zmutfx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use one of the .exe's i linked it doesn't do that

Criticism's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty again, you win sir XD

idusy-org's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Gregaroth
    "
    The error still persists, and even earlier I had no changed model files in the /DATA folder or any other folder. I have no edited .mpq's or anything else period, just the modelchange.exe that I used once and since then WoW seems to not update or run on itself, and was entirely dependent on the modelchange.exe to be able to run. Since the new patch, I still cannot apply the update, even with no modelchange.exe in the /Worldofwarcraft directory. And no, I don't keep the modelchange2010 in there either.

Any further suggestions I am just really not wanting to have to reinstall WoW, then TBC, and then ****ing patches =(

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even considering that there are multiple other people going through the same problem on here and khadgar forums."

ALSO: Any idea on why WoW is not able to apply the new patch, even with AND without the MC2.08 ???

IDK why but it seems to have corrupted or changed a file, namely "signaturefile". Error as follows------------------: The patch "signaturefile" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x65032006, actual 0xce2292e2.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply)
    Please start trying to use big words, it's just not working for you >.<

Originally Posted by MightyEskimo
    Well actually, i had about 6 patch files before, and one day i noticed that for some reason, when i removed a patch file the edit was still there. so i looked in patch-2 and ~GASP~ there was all my model edits mixed in with everything else.. i dunno, maybe i was supposed to kno this happenes or somthing? 99.9% of what i know about model editing is self taught so i had no idea what i did was "stupid". ANyway i moved all model edits in there and havent had a problem til now. But thanks anyways.:confused:

How can you learn 99.9% on your own? As in, there is a 0.1% that you learned else where? Your percentages are wack.
    Last edited by idusy-org; 03-07-2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost
    Unproud member of Snitchstianity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12