Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make gold when 2.4 goes live!

Making Money with 2.4
    Every time a new content patch comes out, a lot of things change. New items become craftable, new areas open up and the status quo changes tremendously. This opens up a great opportunity to make gold for anybody willing to play around with the auction house.

This guide is basically a profession by profession breakdown on things to stock up on pre-patch. If you’re afraid of getting critted by the giant wall of text, just scroll to the bottom and read the summary.

Disclaimer: Remember that the patch currently on the PTR only vaguely resembles what will eventually make it to live. A lot can change. You could get ridiculously screwed over.
    With that being said, I’ll try to update this if anything changes drastically.

Professions

Jewelcrafting
    This is probably going to be the biggest moneymaker with 2.4. JC’s are getting quite a few new cuts, meaning an obviously increased demand for pretty much everything. Things I think will rise particularly high due to the new cuts:
    Noble Topaz
    Dawnstone
    Talasite
    Earthstorm Diamond
    Skyfire Diamond
    It’s also worth noting that all gems are probably going to be a pretty safe bet. 2.4 is releasing lots of new armor in the form of crafted and PVP rewards. Lots of kiddos are going to be looking to socket their new sets.

Enchanting
    Really not much. Expect Large Prismatic Shard prices to tank when the ability to make two from a Void Crystal goes live. Otherwise there will probably be a modest rise in prices as people rush out to get their new gear enchanted.

Blacksmithing/Mining
    This is another big one. With a bunch of new schematics coming out that require a hell of a lot of Khorium and Adamantite, expect those to get pretty damn expensive. Also, the range of skillups from smelting will supposedly increased substantially. Expect low level ores to increase in price as 70’s buy them up to powerlevel mining.

Herbalism
    The drop rate for Fel Lotus is going up by a lot. Sell what you have now, because the price for these babies is going doooowwnnn. Black Lotus’s will no longer be “skinnable” from Outland creatures. I have no idea what a Black Lotus is useful for, but their price is probably going to rise. (Edit: Black Lotus is used in a vanilla WoW Flask. Thanks chajajaa)

Tailoring
    The Sunwell is introducing two new sets, one requiring Mooncloth, and one Spellcloth. If you’re a tailor specced for either, you’re in luck. Stock up, because as soon as tailors collect the requisite sun motes, both cloths are going to be in high demand. If you’re Mooncloth specced and have been making your money off Primal Mooncloth bags, save that cloth instead to sell for the new designs. 2.4 is adding quite a few dropped 20 slots, making your 400 gold bags kind of… useless.

Leatherworking
    Blah blah blah, a few new sets, blah blah blah. Are there any 375 LW’s out there? Do they even exist? Your best bet to milk gold from this probably non-existent niche would be to farm up some Wind Scales as half of the new designs require them.

Misc
    Farm up on your Arcane Tomes, Fel Armaments, Sunfury Signets and Marks of Sarg. The high end necklace rewards from Shattered Sun rep will require exalted rep with the Aldors or Scryers to be used properly.
    Primal Nethers
    There's been a lot of discussion about whether to stock up on these or sell them off now. If you have a tradeskill that uses them for an epic/rare BoE craftable in high demand, by all means, try to get rid of them now. You're going to get more gold from that than you will selling them on the AH after 2.4. I do believe however that you could make some nice gold selling nethers on the AH after 2.4. I think as long as you get them on the market relatively soon you could make some good money. Just start rolling need on them all now.

Summary
    Basically with all the new designs coming out, you really can’t go wrong picking up a lot of high end materials before 2.4 goes live. Seriously, you would have to be borderline retarded to fail at making money with this patch. Try to farm or buy these things especially:

Gems – Especially Dawnstones, Noble Topaz, Talasite, Earthstorm Diamonds and Skyfire Diamonds.
    All Primals
    Khorium
    Adamantite
    Primal Nethers (Get them now before they go BoE and everybody starts rolling need on them)
    Black Lotus
    Enchanting mats (Not Large Prismatics)
    Mooncloth and Spellcloth (Tailors)
    Wind Scales
    Fel Armaments/Arcane Tomes/Sunfury Signets/Marks of Sarg

Things to not touch with a 20 foot pole because their going down:
    Fel Lotus
    Large Prismatic Shards

Thanks for reading and happy hunting.

Edit: Thanks to everyone who included their tips:
    acolyte232
    koenigsegg
    chajajaa
    Pietje
    Last edited by FourDg; 03-04-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Make gold when 2.4 goes live!
    Tease's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent guide, + rep. Well done.
    Áziel, 70 female cow Druid on Magtheridon.

acolyte232's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought of posting soming like this lol espacialy with primal nethers as i got over 30 stashed away in the bank and a load of badges ^^ so +Rep for you lol

and another tip for ya to add to the that if you want:
    if you have a load of primal nethers like me try and be the first person to put them on the ah so that you can set the price ^^

FourDg's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the rep guys.

^Hahahahah, you're going to be a lucky man if you get those nethers up there early. Definitely don't trade your badges in for them yet though, supposedly we'll be able to get BT level gear for badges when 2.4 drops. Of course you might already be all T6 out, but if not... mmmmm PvE welfare epics.

jarland's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice info. That's info that, while I generally know in the back of my mind, I don't think about in terms of how it's going to effect the AH. +Rep for laying it out like that.

koenigsegg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those that today have Primal Nether and Nether Vortex should try and get rid of them today, because in 2.4 they will get loads cheaper because everyone can get them by turning in badges and they aint BoP anymore.

I've seen Red Belt of Battel on my server at AH for 7 days now for 1500g and still no one that want it for that price. Most seems to know that Vortex going non BoP in 2.4 now already. And I would guess the price would land around 150-250g each for Vortexes.

Kaby89's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice ^^ +Rep

xram7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome man. +rep

koenigsegg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will prices on Primal Nethers really go up you think? Ofc, there are many ppl that never do heroics (or ZA/KZ) because they either are unskilled or just don't have time for it.
    But PvP is still a big factor why prices on epics are as they are atm. People rather pvp than buy crap epics at AH, or upgrade their profession weapons/armors.

I'm sure that Nether Vortex prices will go down compared to todays 400-900g depending on server. So again, if you have any now and can craft items, do it now rather then wait until 2.4.

Pietje's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should dump your nethers and vortexes cus both will drop a lot in price.
    Panda Panda Panda

chajajaa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Lotus is used atleast for the pre-tbc flask "Flask of Supreme Power" (the one wich adds 70 spell dmg)
    Edit: nice guide tbh
    Last edited by chajajaa; 03-04-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Modelchangepls's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice!

Very nice! Thumbs up for this guide

FourDg's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for the rep everyone.

I edited it to include all the things you guys added. Specifically more on Nethers and what Black Lotus's are actually useful for.

Thanks for your tips

nady's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good guide, might earn some money there +Rep

"Would you prefer a lie or the truth?"