0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twinking pala lvl 19

This guide comes from Battleground Forums
    but i thought maybe some of you wanna know alot about a 19 pala twink
    This is a good guide for people who wanna create a 19 pala twink like my self
    WARNING WALL OF TEXT INC

The Complete 19 Paladin Guide
    shall start out by saying, that this guide is aimed at people who want to roll a paladin as a first time twink, or have limited experience with groups of players who get more than just whats on the AH. If you have been twinking for a while most of this will be repeated information that is general knowledge, the rest of it, is how myself and others play our paladins. The primary intent of this thread is to answer the simple questions that flood my chat window when I play. This guide will hopefully illuminate the path to effectively playing a 19 paladin. There are few enough 19 paladins, and fewer still who know what they're doing. Read on.

Contents.

1. Races.
    2. Specs.
    3. Gear.
    4. Consumables.
    5. Professions.
    6. WSG
    7. Against other classes.
    8. UI.
    9. Macros and Mods.
    10. Leveling up right.
    11. Helpful Links.

1. Races.

Paladins are available as a class selection to 4 races in the game, the humans, the dwarves, the draeni, and the blood elves.

Humans- humans i have found to be the most widely twinked race for the paladin class. Their racials include perception to increase stealth detection, added spirit boost, an added 5 points to the skill cap improving overall DPS, and diplomacy for fast reputation gain. the last of these benefits has since become obsolete with the installment of the new honor system. The human versatility leaves way for excellent healadins and dps bots, though protection spec paladins thrive as an anti-rogue class with perception and redoubt.

Dwarves- Dwarves have a limited use as a paladin in the 19 bracket, as paladins cannot use guns, and only half of the stoneform racial makes a difference (due to the low mana cost or purify and its instant cast). Stoneform however does have its uses as it increases armor for a limited time which is helpful when being zerged flag carrying, it also provides a brief gap of time that purify is not needed to remove serpent sting spam from hunters, in effect, it will help you last longer for those few seconds that can make all the difference and will keep your casting bar free for a more important spell like BoF or a heal. Ideally, a dwarf would go protection spec to take full advantage of his abilities.

Draeni- For mother Russia, the draeni paladin rides forth. Draeni of any class are good to keep around for their group uff auras, on top of this they have gift of the naaru to keep people alive for a second to get the big heals off, or to give them that regenerative boost that can turn the tide in a combat situation. Draeni racials make them equally as efficient ay any spec they decide to play.

Blood Elf- Horde choice by default. nifty racials for healing and damaging.

2. Specs

Paladins can be played in many different ways, depsite as it may seem, even at 19 spec and gear choice will entirely redefine the playing strat of your paladin. Note that i for the spec descriptions list the specs to be full in one tree, to elaborate on the utility of each tree. A section for hybrid specs included below.

Protection
    The prot pally is the juggernaut of the 19 bracket, when fully geared and enchanted, it will top 2k in both armor and hp, and still put out decent damage, while its healing ability is minimal, tactical consumable use can keep you alive through almost anything. For a pure FC build, I would advise 5/5 devo aura, 2/2 guardians favor, and 3 in toughness. this build will give you a 16sec duration BoF, so you can only be slowed 4 seconds at a time, about 2200armor, and killer hp. My personal build is as above just with 5 points in redoubt instead of devo aura, im at 1971armor with devo aura, and find that redoubt and a fel-steel shieldspike will take out rogues faster than they like. For an arena based spec, the extra 3 talents should be put in precision over toughness.

Holy
    The healadin is ferocious in numbers, if theres 2 of them trading heals, just take the death. even on his own, he will be able to outheal what dps is getting through his thick armor, and be able to keep his teamates rolling through the heat. this is an excellent support player to have handy, and when theres more than one of them, it takes a lot to break them. for a full healing spec, its best to go 5 divine intellect to maximize mana pool, and 5 into spiritual focus to ignore 70% of incoming attacks to your casting time of healing spells.

Retribution
    The spell damage paladin is an experimental rarity. Through recent experimentation with this build and gear type, i can describe it as a medium survivability good DPS/support roll. Its main advantage is being able to use a shield because all of its DPS comes from spells, so it has more armor and does not rely on a 2 hander like its holy counterpart. This is the build we found to be effective: 5 Benediction, 2 imp judgment(ret), and 3 redoubt(prot) Though, the biggest numbers we could come up with came from using a 2h, and speccing full ret putting the last 3 points into imp seal of the crusader instead of redoubt

Holy DPS
    In my opinion, the DPS pally is not much more than a big yellow numbers fun to play twink. It gets out dpsed by rogues and hunters, who serve much more utility in a BG than a dps pally will. Granted, a DPS paladin will get the job done, and is by no means a dumb idea for a twink, but when it comes to rolling the perfect 10 man its more effective to have a healadin in the midfield. Since they are a fun spec to play and relatively easy to gear to be effective, i will offer what i can. a dps pally will also go 10 holy, with 5 into divine str, and 5 into imp seal of righteousness, to get most possible burst dmg out of this class. These characters will get the job done well, can heal moderately, will swing a hard punch, and are survivable too.

Mix-Breeds
    To be filled in later, mostly variants of DPS/healadin

3. Gear
    How you chose to gear your paladin is about as defining as you spec him. Essential quests to complete for alliance are the seal of wrynn, the beetle clasps, and the glacial stone. To match this horde only quests include deadskull shield/Runic Darkblade, the seal of sylvanas, , and the steel-clasped bracers. quests available to both factions are the arctic buckler, the talbar mantle, and the engineers cloak. I highly recommend collecting all of these to increase your versatility in a battleground, but only certain specs will use each item.

The FC pally
    built for hp armor, and gross amounts of both. here is my profile for a completed FC paladin, it will take a while to build but once you get it there you will not die. I advise libraming the green tinted goggles and enchanting the the silver-linked footguards until your fishing returns results.

Alliance FC Gearlist with Enchants:
    Head: [Lucky Fishing Hat] with [Lesser Arcanum of Constitution]
    Neck: [Sentinel's Medallion]
    Shoulder: [Defender Spaulders]
    Back: [Miner's Cape] +12 Dodge Rating (6 stam post 2.3)
    Chest: [Blackened Defias Armor] +100 Health
    Wrist: [Beetle Clasps] 9 stamina
    Hands: [Thorbia's Gauntlets] 15 agility
    Waist: [Girdle of the Blindwatcher]
    Legs: [Mighty Chain Pants] with [Nethercleft Leg Armor]
    Feet: [Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots] Boars speed(9stam/speed)
    Ring: [Seal of Wrynn]
    Ring: [Protector's Band]
    Trinket: [Arena Grand Master] (perhaps 2)
    Trinket: [Insignia of the Alliance]
    Main Hand: [Shadowfang] Lifestealing
    Off Hand: [Arctic Buckler] 7 stamina
    To keep on hand: [Redbeard Crest] + [Felsteel Shield Spike] [Minor Recombobulator]

Horde FC Gearlist with Enchants:
    Head:[Lucky Fishing Hat] with [Lesser Arcanum of Constitution]
    Neck: [Scout's Medallion]
    Shoulder: [Defender Spaulders]
    Back: [Tranquillien Defender's Cloak] +12 Dodge Rating
    Wrist: [Steel-clasped Bracers] 9 stamina
    Legs: [Mighty Chain Pants] with [Nethercleft Leg Armor]
    Ring: [Seal of Sylvanas]
    Ring: [Legionnaire's Band]
    Trinket: [Arena Grand Master]
    Trinket: [Insignia of the Horde]
    Main Hand: [Shadowfang] Lifestealing
    Off Hand: [Deadskull Shield] 7 stamina
    To keep on hand: [Redbeard Crest] + [Felsteel Shield Spike] [Minor Recombobulator] [Arctic Buckler]

The DPS pally
    Theres alot more variable slots on the DPS pally profile than the others you can go for a modest mana pool, strength builds, the experimental hastadin, or the stam build. DPS pallies use 2h weaps and get big crits. enchantments vary to taste. for the big crits char id enchant with crusader but for the overal dps/crit chance build 25agility is worth the investment too.

Alliance DPS:
    Head: [Lucky Fishing Hat] with [Lesser Arcanum of Constitution]
    Shoulder: [Defender Spaulders] or [Talbar Mantle]
    Back: [Sentry Cloak] +12 Dodge Rating
    Wrist: [Beetle Clasps] 9 stamina
    Waist: [Girdle of the Blindwatcher] or [Cobrahn's Grasp]
    Legs: [Mighty Chain Pants] with [Nethercleft Leg Armor] or [item]nethercobra leg armo[item]
    Ring: [Seal of Wrynn]
    Ring: [Protector's Band]
    Trinket: [Arena Grand Master] (perhaps 2)
    Main Hand: [Glacial Stone] +25 agi, crusader, 9 weapon dmg
    To keep on hand: [Redbeard Crest] + [Felsteel Shield Spike] [Minor Recombobulator] [Shadowfang] lifestealing

Horde DPS:
    Head:[Lucky Fishing Hat] with [Lesser Arcanum of Constitution]
    Shoulder: [Defender Spaulders] or [Talbar Mantle]
    Wrist: [Steel-clasped Bracers] 9 stamina
    Legs: [Mighty Chain Pants] with [Nethercleft Leg Armor] or nethercobra
    Ring: [Seal of Sylvanas]
    Ring: [Legionnaire's Band]
    Main Hand: [Runic Darkblade]
    To keep on hand: [Redbeard Crest] + [Felsteel Shield Spike] [Minor Recombobulator] [Shadowfang] Lifestealing

Its possible by putting a counterweight on the weapon, 10 haste to gloves, [Arcanum of Rapidity] and [Nethercobra Leg Armor] to make a beastly DPS burt pally by keeping SoC up. Unbuffed you will be at 2.8 with a glacial stone (same swing time as cruel barb) But take an hp hit from the legs, and libram. Its also a thought to go old school and put 10 hast on chausses of westfall too.

The Healadin
    The healadin embraces mostly mail gear of the eagle and cloth blues. Not too much variation between gear layout here, except choice of shield and MH weap, my ideal healadin would have razors edge and an arctic buckler for the extra spirit(alliance as well) although i do not play a healadin (extensively), so specific gear slots are mostly up to choice. Healing sets are very open ended depending on which way youwant to go with it. Note that after 2.3, healing now gives a 3rd of its total to spell damage, so, a DPS/healing hybrid is a pretty doable and effective thing to have around, consider a butchers slicer or shadowfang for a weapon, so you will be able to damage and keep yourself up pretty nicely.

A cookie cutter build for a healer paladin is below, it is a balanced hp/mana build with a good amount of healing.

Head:[Lucky Fishing Hat] with [Lesser Arcanum of Rumination]
    Shoulder: [Talbar Mantle]
    Chest: [Defender tunic of the eagler] +100hp
    Wrist: [Fortified Bracers] 3/3 eagle 9 stamina
    Hands:[defender gloves of the eagle] 30 healing
    Legs: [defender leggings of the eagle] with [Golden Spellthread]
    Ring: [Bronze Band of Force]
    Ring: [lorekeepers band]
    Main Hand: [Jagged star of healing] 55 healing enchant

Theres alot of debate about what the best set up is for a healadin. I will list all of the interchangeable parts, and name the different types of builds.

Max healing: All defender/fortified gear of healing, max healing enchants on every slot, stam where it will fit, libram of focus.

Mana regen: Vitality on nat pagles boots, exploited gear for mana regen, balanced mana/hp/heals, without going oom.

Balanced set is listed above.

Spare Parts:

[Mindthrust Bracers] +7 intellect

[Gutterblade] or [Protector's Sword] or [Shadowfang] +55healing/22int.

[buccaneer's orb of healing]

Mix match and enjoy, no real right way, or best way. Gear to taste, stick with what works.

The Spelladin
    gear varies to taste on survivability vs raw damage, the profiles linked below are for maximum damage to inform what pieces are out there.

Alliance Spelladin:
    Head:[Lucky Fishing Hat] with [Arcanum of Focus]
    Back: [Caretaker's cloak] +12 Dodge Rating
    Chest: [Robe of the Moccasin] +100 Health
    Hands: [Gold-flecked Gloves] 30 healing
    Legs: [Mighty Chain Pants] with [Runic Spellthread]
    Ring: [lorekeeper's band]
    Trinket: [Insiginia of the alliance]
    Main Hand: [Shadowfang] 30 spell dmg

Horde Spelladin:
    Head:[Lucky Fishing Hat] with [Arcanum of Focus]
    Back: [Battle Healer's Cloak] +12 Dodge Rating
    Chest: [Robe of the Moccasin] +100hp
    Hands: [Gold-flecked Gloves] 30 healing
    Legs: [Mighty Chain Pants] with [Runic Spellthread]
    Ring: [advisor's band]
    Main Hand: [Shadowfang] 30 spell dmg
    Off Hand: [Deadskull Shield] 7 stamina

Note: both factions should look into stam/balanced sets to avoid being a one trick pony/too squishy to handle things.

The Jack of All Trades.
    With the assistance of the Itemrack addon, its very easy to completely change your paladins role in a BG, using hyrid builds it is possible to have a paladin that is all round decent for everything, he will not out do any pure spec'd paladin, but he is still quite an asset to have as an elastic do it all man.

Simply collect every BoP from every spec before hitting 19, its doable. horde will want deadskull shielf over the runic darkblade, since the [Night Reaver] is comparable.

On top of the gear suggestions made here, i highly recomend that every paladin gets a shadowfang and redbeards crest with a felsteel shield spike. the strength bonus on the shield makes it best for when you fight back. I also recomend the use of the lifestealing enchant, the extra healage you get from it as a must have, it outheals crusader, out does the hp gap made by a fiery proc, and on a prot pally where healing is limited, its essential.

Arena Grand Master
    ive heard this described best by a DPS paladin in my guild when he said "this has become my new lay on hands" By far i would call this my most useful item on my character, and it serves well on any style of paladin. it is obtained by getting 12 arena masters from the chest in the gurubashi arena of stranglethorn Vale. the chest spawns every 3 hours 9-12-3-6 etc. often times people will show up just for the fun of pvp and will let your twink take it. you may not be as lucky and some people will grief you for being a twink trying for this, or you may have to fight off another twink and his friends that have come for it too. for the most part a descreet 5man group that shows in plain view a minute before the spawn, is a gauranteed chest loot.

Alliance Quests
    Beetle Clasps- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: The Corruption Abroad
    Glacial Stone- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Raene's Cleansing
    Seal of Wrynn- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: The Unsent Letter
    Horde Quests
    Steel-clasped Bracers- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: The Book of Ur
    Deadskull shield/Runic Darkblade- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Battle of Hillsbrad
    Seal of Sylvanas- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Arugal Must Die
    Wingblade- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Hamuul Runetotem
    Supple Cotton Bracer- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Attack on Zeb'Tela
    Troll Kickers- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Escape from the Catacombs
    Neutral
    Arena Grand Master- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Arena Grand Master
    Talbar Mantle- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Talbar Mantle
    Arctic Buckler- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Blackfathom Villainy
    Engineer's Cloak- Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Ziz Fizziks
    Libram of Constitution(+100hp head/legs) - Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Libram of Constitution

4. Consumables.

Pots- They buff you up before you go, keep you alive when youre about to die, and let you speed off when in danger. Stack troll's blood, defense, fortitude, healing, speed, and mana potions. the other stat boosting potions including defense, will not stack with scrolls, i find the armor from defense too much to lose for scroll spamming, but lay off the minor stat boosts to make room for scrolls.

Bandages- as a paladin your mana is precious, whether its needed for healing teammates or keeping yourself off the ground, its worth it to save the mana for a more efficeint bubble-heal, and for keeping your friends alive too! You can get your first aid to 225 at 19 and use heavy unecloth bandages, which unless you have more than 2k hp is enough to fully heal you without losing bubble.

Engineering- Best array of consumables ever. you get watchdog explosive sheep, AoE burst damage, crowd control stun bombs that give you time to run on your rocket boots that are also engineered by higher level players, gives you trinkets that de-sheep your healer as well as boost his mana and hp by a good amount, gives you consumables from the inventory that allow you to absorb fiery scrub DPS for a minute, and also an inventory usable discombobulator ray that is great for chasing down FCs or chasers, especially with the paladins limited amount of ranged abilities (two) chasing down that out of reach guy is excellent, not to mention, it cant be too healthy for morale to turn target twink into a green gnome!

Scrolls-A paladins best friend. a purge/dispell happy player can really limit a paladin to nothing so it is important to refresh trash buffs faster than they can purge them, its helpful to have a priest spam mana efficient hots/shields/stam on you between heals to keep you truckin as well. be weary, they dont stack with other buffs of the same stat, stack the spirit ones, and have a friend spamming strength on you.

Rum-2silver a pop for 15stam for 15min, old hillsbrad caverns of time instance, stack em.

Food- Maximum stam from food post patch 2.1 is +6stam, and it does not stack with rum. Instead, get some [Smoked Sagefish] to boost mana regen while stam is covered by rum and priests.

[Chipped Power Core]- Unique shard that adds 25 spell dmg for 30sec, drops off the crystal golem guys in the ghostlands by farstrider enclave, excellent for the spell damage/dps paladins to stack with berserker

Magic Dust- Its sleeping powder. personally i find this to be the best anti-shaman, make sure you have good enough communication with your team to know not to touch the sleeper. also good for when youve been zerged low and have whittled the offensive force down to just 1 or 2 guys, can sleep one heal, dispatch him, or sleep the remaining one guy, bandage, and send him off to his respective graveyard. By far my favorite "I Win" button.

[Charged Crystal Focus]: LoH in a bag! 2minute CD, 2000hp/mana pot. To obtain: Have a summoner port you up to orgilla in blades edge mountains, then die to something. Group with 70's and have them slaughter everything with loot on free for all, collect 10 [Apexis Shard] and combine them with [Depleted Crystal Focus] Not unique, a bitch to get, well worth stacking for premade fights.

Weapon Buffs: sharpening stones, and wizard oil, keep them handy on all specs because you have to swing/cast at something in order to play your character.

Complete List:
    [Magic Dust]
    [Chipped Power Core]
    [Heavy Sharpening Stone]
    [Minor Wizard Oil]
    [Rumsey Rum Black Label]
    [Heavy Runecloth Bandage]
    [Flame Deflector]
    [Discombobulator Ray]
    [Goblin Rocket Boots] (defunct until further notice)
    [Explosive Sheep]
    [Heavy Dynamite]
    [Big Bronze Bomb]
    [Target Dummy]
    [Minor Recombobulator]
    [Swiftness Potion]
    [Healing Potion]
    [Lesser Mana Potion]
    [Minor Magic Resistance Potion]
    [Elixir of Defense]
    [Elixir of Minor Fortitude]
    [Weak Troll's Blood Potion]
    [Shadow Protection Potion]
    [Charged Crystal Focus]

5. Professions

Engineering
    Engineering is a must have for all 19s, as it provides a headslot to suffice until you catch a fishing hat. But that is just the start of it. as an engineer, you will have flame deflectors to repel the irritating dps of fiery scrubs for a good amount, a way to unsheep your buddies or fast heal yourself, boots to make the getaway on, various explosives that can be used for single target direct damage, AoE damage, and even crowd control. Its also useful to be able to make advanced bait to help getting your fishing hat.
    List

Jewelcrafting
    i do not have this profession due to the fact that my pallies account doesnt have TBC. but, as most players who twink do have the expansion, i will note that at 125 skill you can make a heal over time golem that acts like a shaman totem, stays put and has 1hp.

Alchemy
    Potions are essential. if youre healing yourself, buffing up, off in a hurry somewhere, everyone can use it. on your paladin you will chew through alot of pots that would have otherwise left you in sticky situations, its is helpful if not essential to have your character able to make these on the go, or have an alt who can.

Cooking
    Everyone loves a warsong campfire. this tradeskill has had its utility cut since the 14stamina buffing edible fern came out, but the sagefish recipes still help if the caster prefers a mana regen buff over direct stam. its always nice to be able to offer these things.

Fishing
    2 pieces of your armor will eventually be obtained by this skill, pick it up, get it to 150 asap. it also helps to have a fun set of gear like a farmers costume that you dont care about to put +fishing enchants to. pick up a strong fishingpole in SW/org when you see one. The fishing tourney itself happens every sunday from 2-4pm server time, the boots and hats are rare fish with names that you can catch in schools of tastyfish, even after someone wins the competition, you may still fish for them. If you win the competition, you get a fun little fish form item.

First aid
    get it to 225. heavy runecloth bandages win.

6. WSG
    Depending on how you spec and gear your paladin, your role in the gulch will vary.
    Roles

Flag Carrier-
    Prot spec paladins llive to flag carry. it is not unacceptable to let someone die rather than heal them if your fast enough on the ninja right click spam. This is a very simple and easy job to do, and it amazes me that people actually ask for advice on this. The best i can offer, is purify poisons, BoF out of slows, and use appropriate consumables to keep the enenmy faction at bay.

How to evade the masses:

1. The name of the game is LoS, its all about staying out of fire from hunters,a nd staying in range of your healers, knowing when to run away from your healers and catch your attackers unexpecting a chase, and when to buddy up.

2. How to keep people off of your back so you can do your job.
    Its all about faking people out. A bad paladin can stay alive long enough with all the speed modifying stuff/bof, but it takes a lil bit of finesse and know how to ditch people without having to rely on consumables. The most frequently used way to do this is the fake drop. simply stop moving when you come to the edge of a ledge, be it second floor overlooking the Fr, the roof, 2nd floor in the building getting people to pit trap themselves between the ramp and the wall, or any other place you can use to your advantage. if you are heavily dotted up, it may be worth the thought to pop the blessed spring water from STV to get off a few dots, and bandage. There is nothing more satisfying than watching 3 rogues fly off the roof into the FR, and a hunter pet running back down fromt he roof to try catch you before you bandage to full on the second floor.

3. Kill em all.
    press the V key when you come into a BG/log on, so you can see healthplates above everyones heads, see a rogue on low health unloading damage into your back? Hunter pet biting you? No problem, you can still kill him without losing ground. You can jump and turn diagonally backwards, and diagonally the other way as soon as you land by strafing. The effect is that you are zig zag bouncing up the field, swinging at whatevers behind you, making full use of all defense rating based things, without losing the ground that walking backwards would take. Keep a trinket ready for a gouge.

5. The direction change.
    Fake people out with corners, make them think your going to stay and 1v1, but instead of circling to attack you simply run a different way leaving them slightly confused, and behind you. using your mouse to do this can put you 180 degress the other way making it fairly tricky for people to keep up with you even if they are monitoring your every move.

6. Places of interest in the gulch
    The most tactical places to stay still with the flag, are those that have multiple layers on the map, like above the tunnel (which if positioned right will make you very hard to spot in 1st person sight too,) or tucked away to one side of the top of the roof ramp, you could be either on the 2nd floor, the roof, in the FR, the hunter doesnt know, and has to guess.
    Another point of interest is the horde fence, its buggy as hell, and easy to pass through in a number of places, with a few catch/fake out places along the way. At the top of the horde ramp, or to the left of the horde GY, there are spikes facing outward, you must jump onto them and passover them, theres is a mound in the middle that from a tiny ways down aimed to the right of the big pole, you can jump back over to go back into the horde FR, or if you should so choose, make it on top of the horde tunnel and give the enemy a chance to misplace his jump and land at the base of the horde tunnel, a very, very long way away from you. you can double back from the FR side to the mound jumping in between the foremost two wooden spikes in the fence, you will land on a small unseen ledge, and be able to clear back across to the otherside (Credits to Dumb of dragonmaw for this one.)
    Also on the horde side when you come out to ward the midfield from second floor, there are a set of spikes on the left (attached to the protruding part of the building with the waterwheel on it) you can hop up on these, hold left, hop onto a tent canopy, and then jump to land close to the horde ramp. With the exception of passing from FR side to tunnel side of the fence, none of these require wall jumping, and none of the can be considered exploits.

With all of these, you become quite a slippery character. Guilds will accuse you of soloing their 10 man, because they dont see the extension of teamwork, the inferior will call you overrated for knowing the gulch far better than they could have ever thought to, without giving thought to criticism, and you will know something more than the average FC. Enjoy.

Healer-
    Fairly self explanatory, though there are a few tricks i have picked up in my experience as a support paladin. When backing up an FC you want to keep him BoFed to save shapeshift mana if its a druid, or prevent the warrior from becoming deadweight. Purify the stings and other poison effects thrown at him off, and use righteous defense to get pet agro off of him, and then ground them with a target dummy so you can heal uninterrupted and dont have to deal with them yourself. If being focus fired before your FC, you can bubble bandage yourself, or bubble+heal the FC if your both taking shots which is more likely. If you dont turn in the glacial stone quest furbolg rod, i just love watching rogues try to kick my furbolg form cast, only to have me cast a real heal with the same particle effect a moment later.

Midfield Control-Standard DPS position, dont let anything through, defend from the mid marker, form a membrane with other players, stun things going in or out. Or, heal those doing it.

Well, i think its fairly clear just where my experience lies, lol.

7. Against other classes.

Druid- Druids get outplayed by paladins, there isnt much they can do that we cant counter, they can try and melee you at which you overpower them at, they can try to root you and heal but that results in a stunned druid and a BoFed pally, if they should get the distance on you needed to heal, or if you arent specced into guardians favor, you can heal yourself while they do. I have ranked them as my second easiest class to kill.

Hunter- As with all classes that depend on keeping you slowed to succeed, they have extreme difficulty killing you. however, a smart hunter will have your BoF timed so that the second it fades hes ready to wingclip and get range again. It is important to save your HoJ for when BoF is on CD, to reduce or prevent his range gained on you. full stam survival hunters will be able to stand up to your beating long enough to have a good amount of HP when your BoF fades. Just keep purifying serpent sting and stay up in their faces and the situation is favorable for you. Third easiest to kill.

Mage- Mages have the hardest times with paladins. they cant keep us still, and we're right up in their face interrupting their casts. BoF is the key ability to this fight, it becomes reflex when you get slowed. This is the easiest class for a paladin to take out.

Priest-When you pit yourself against a priest, you measure your effectiveness by how low his mana gets. paladins are at a disadvantage towards priests as we can only stop a spell being casted once a minute, the judgement of where to place your hammer is crucial. another thing to worry about is a dispell spammer, they will reduce you to an auto attack, drain your mana low on recasts, and if they get low fear and heal, it is important to keep your insignia/bubble ready for that last minute fear heal to finish off the job.

Rogue- when it comes to fighting a rogue, most of my damage is coming from my shieldspike or LS procs. since rogues hit fast prot pallies will have the easiest time killing them with redoubt and felsteel spike, they really dont like eating 38 damage everytime you block which is quite frequently. Dagger rogues, which are uncommon and subpar in effectiveness at 19 will not put a scratch in you. its the sword rogues who hit harder and faster than you that pose problems. I would say neither the rogue or the paladin have an advantage over eachother, as one can blow a cooldown the other can counter it effectively.

Shaman- a shaman is as effective against a paladin as a mage is effective against a paladin, if you dont scroll spam, they will diminish you to nothing but auto-attacking, kite you around, and heal themselves. if i run into a twinked shaman on defense in wsg i either stun and speed pot, or sleep powder him to get him off my back, i try to avoid direct conflict with them as much as possible. this makes it wise to stack scrolls so you can at least keep a BoF up and only have to deal with a few seal recasts.

Warlock- The paper to our rock. these are the most frustrating class for me to go up against. in the gulch i stun them when they try to fear and dont stay around for them to try recast. their tactic in a 1v1 is to keep just an inch ahead of you out of melee range, while sticking instant cast dots on you and having their imp dps you, if you stop to kill the imp, its a fear and a few shadowbolts and wand shots for you. you can bubble, and burst fear trinket after eating the first fear so then they have to wait some amount of time before being able to fear you again, but they are by far the most tedious class to go up against, especially when they have a good 1500hp to be chewed through. In the gulch, one well placed fear can be the end of you, since the 5 pugs/cheap fiery rogues will be DPSing you down while the lock has your arms pinned behind your back. so, tactical use of the insignia is mandatory, this is my primary reason for keeping insignia as a primary trinket and then macroing in a 2nd AGM or other trinket after its ben used.

Warrior- The only warrior to have killed me 1v1 had about 400more HP than me.(full fishing, boars speed, nethercleft) warriors are at a disadvantage at 19 and it is a wonder to me why anyone would chose to twink them, i rolled a warrior myself and got it a moderate amount of gear, but i found it could not out-do anything else. it got out HPed by druids, out DPSed by hunters and rogues, out FCed by druids and pallies, and wasnt as much of an advantage midfield control wise as a hunter or other DPS class would have been. Back to the point, a shield spike and a couple LS procs will put a warrior back in his place. In the gulch, they will always be advancing and receding on you charge after charge in an attempt to slow you. just toss them back a hammer of justoce when he comes close and let the midfield control take care of him.

9a. Macros
    There is one macro that i use and one alone, it is my easy button. What it does, is it makes BoF/ speed pot very hard to take off. Here is the script.

/use Swiftness Potion
    /use Srcoll of Protection
    /use Scroll of Intellect
    /use Scroll of Spirit
    /use Scroll of Strength
    /use Scroll of Agility
    /use Scroll of Stamina
    /use Blue Firework
    /victory

The last 2 lines i confess only play to my ego, however, stacking 6 scrolls up whenever you shoot of a speed pot gives priests and shamans the headache of their nightmares. They can take you 1v1, but stun em, bof, pop this macro, and cast a seal of choice, and they have no choice but to /facepalm, or pray they get lucky and take out something useful with the 2 in 9 odds. Keep in mind, they will probably only get a few attempts at this before the speed pot carries you out of casting range.

Warned you for the wall of text:P

Twinking pala lvl 19
    Dartex's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you posted this 5 times

pewpewlazerz's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you fail go delete your other posts please

Tipsy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea i know because after i posted it it says error ....

jdismeuc's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats worse than a double post? a quintuple post (thats five BTW) lol. but it looks like a nice guide. might want to delete your other threads.

Tipsy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea sorry:P
    how to delete the post

Cimerii's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quit whining, it doesn't look nice, but shit happens, the guide is awesome, when I think about twinking I'll def make a pally ( or 29/39 druid :P )

Edge's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To delete threads, you must report you own threads and then type: Delete please..

Seriously.. gj on posting this 5 times... btw repost.

Tipsy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post the link of the repost then please?

pwn_able's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...din-guide.html

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...k-paladin.html

really just looks like both of those put together.

ehh, idk if that counts as a repost,
    more like a simplifier?
    Last edited by pwn_able; 02-12-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Tipsy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is not putten together because i had it from a website like i sad

Ferriz's Avatar Knight-Champion
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd rep if you wrote it.
    It's not that I'm lazy to change my sig, it's just because I'm so gangsta.

Lolopalooza

heymyname's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wheres 8 and 10 of your post?

pwn_able's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: delete, i double posted by accident >_>.
    Last edited by pwn_able; 02-13-2008 at 05:12 PM.

pwn_able's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tipsy View Post
    it is not putten together because i had it from a website like i sad
    yeah, i just saw it.

but i dont know, its almost similar to the other two pally twink guides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast