0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Netherwing faction guide

This guide is taken from my mmo-site, I wrote it myself and I hope it can help people grind rep with this faction.

Welcome to the Netherwing Faction Guide! This guide was writen to help you grind reputation with the Faction Netherwing, which can give great money through daily quests and also, when exalted, a fancy-looking Nether Drake Mount.

Things to know before starting:
    • Note: You must have 300 riding skill (Epic Flying Skill) and an Epic flying mount before starting this guide, except the first questchain described below, this can be done before having the Epic flying mount.
    • Before starting with daily quests you must have completed the quest chain started by Mordenai in Shadowmoon Valley. The quest to start this chain is Kindness. This chain consists of 9 quests, and will get you to Neutral with the Netherwing Faction, which is a prerequisite for the daily quests.
    • You can only complete 10 daily quests per day, at this time. In WotLK the cap will be raised, but as we're not there yet, you have to accept that only 10 can be done each day, this is regardless of faction you do them for, and also the daily honor quest is included in this.
    • The Netherwing daily quests you have available depend on your current reputation, and as youre reputation increases, on every reputation level more quests will be unlocked and some changed.
    • If you ever find an item called [Netherwing Egg] loot it! These can be handed in for 350 reputation first time, then 250 reputation each subsequent time, regardless of your current reputation level. These are very rare drops off any creature on Netherwing Ledge, and can also be found in veins and herbs.
    When you are Neutral with the Netherwing, the following quests will be unlocked:This quest starts from the [Partially Digested Hand] dropped by Arvoar the Rapacious and involves killing 10 Overmine Flayers and Barash the Den Mother. It's doable only once, and recommended players are 2. Arvoar along with Flayers and Barash are found on the small hill on Netherwing Ledge.In this quest, you have to first gather 12 [Fel Gland] that drop from various creatures in Shadowmoon Valley and then use these to poison small Orc Camps on Netherwing Ledge.A simple gathering quest for herbalists, to gather the [Netherdust Pollen]that can be found all over Netherwing Ledge. You need to gather 40.Gathering quest for miners, to gather [Nethercite Ore] that is found all over Netherwing Ledge. In these veins there can also be found gems and motes, it's nice. 40 needed.Gathering quest for skinners, to gather 35 [Nethermine Flayer Hide] which are skinned from creatures on Netherwing Ledge.Gathering quest, you need to gather 40 [Netherwing Crystal] which drop from any creature on Netherwing Ledge.For this quest you need to fly to one of the platforms outside Netherwing Ledge and kill Dragonmaw Transporters that fly by, and loot the [Netherwing Relic] they drop. You need 10.

When you have achieved Friendly reputation level, you will get an [Overseer's Badge] from Mor'Ghor. Also, these new quests will open up:This quest is started from [Murkblood Escape Plans] which can be found (quite rare) in a [Sludge-Covered Object] dropped by Slimes inside the mine.You need to get 10 [Knothide Leather] and 1 [Hardened Hide of Tyrantus]. Ask a Leatherworker for the leather, and the hide can be looted (not skinned) from Tyrantus, a T-rex in Netherstorm.You have to "discipline" 20 Dragonmaw Peons who have different disobediance issues, with your [Booterang]. These Peons can be found all over Netherwing Ledge, and you can use the booterang while mounted.You need to gather 15 [Nethermine Cargo] which are found in the mine. The quest starts outside the mine.You need to kill Nethermine Flayers and Nethermine Ravagers; 15 Flayers and 5 Ravagers. These are found inside the mine.For this quest, which is taken from an Orc inside the mine, by the big Netherdrake, you will need to kill 5 Crazed Murkblood Miners and 1 Crazed Murkblood Foreman, these are found by the Flayers and Ravagers.

When you reach Honored reputation status, you will receive a [Captain's Badge], and also the following quests will be unlocked:This is a material gathering quest, you will need the following items:Completing this quest leads to:You need to use your Soul Cannon from your mount and channel it on an NPC in Nagrand, on Twilight Ridge, called Reth'hedron the Subduer. This can be a bit tricky, but you should fly around in circles above him while channeling.Fly to the Twilight Ridge in Nagrand and kill 20 Deathshadow Agents (Any of the Deathshadow NPCs that wander about there).
    • Earning Your Wings... (This is a 6-part chain, which are races against different NPCs. Gives 500 reputation for the first 5 races, 1000 for the 6th and last one.)
    You will have to follow the NPCs around Netherwing Ledge on your mount while they will be throwing stuff at you that will dismount you, and thereby failing the quest. The first 5 are pretty easily doable with some practice, but the last one is extremely hard and almost impossible without a paladin aura (+20%) or a [Riding Crop]. There are videos on YouTube you can check for hints. The reward for the final Race is, beside the 1000 reputation boost, a [Skybreaker Whip].

When you are Revered with the Netherwing, one final quest will open up, along with you getting a [Commander's Badge].

This quest is daily and dependant on your faction (Aldor/Scryer), you go to the respective camp for your faction, in Shadowmoon Valley. There the quest is started and an attack will be started against the camp. You will fight beside some NPCs that will help you, the goal is to keep the elite one alive and fence off the attack. This quest can be soloed by some classes, but it's very hard and I recommend you group up with at least one other player.

When you finally have reached Exalted reputation with Netherwing, your goal and this guide is completed. Bear in mind that you can only do 10 daily quests per day, so pick the ones that are easiest/gives the most reputation. When exalted you can buy your new fancy Netherdrake mount in Shattrath! (Costs 200 gold)

Congratulations, I hope this guide was helpful to you. Please report anything missing or broken.

[Guide] Netherwing faction guide
    Dirtyhippy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for it though i'm already exalted In a few days i'll try contributing to your thread by posting the map with all the positions of netherwings' eggs.

Volcano's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy & Paste?

Tease's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Violetstorm View Post
    Copy & Paste?
    Read the first line from my original post, thanks.
    Last edited by Tease; 02-11-2008 at 04:13 AM. Reason: First line

the_alchemist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tease View Post

When you finally have reached Exalted reputation with Netherwing, your goal and this guide is completed. Bear in mind that you can only do 10 daily quests per day, so pick the ones that are easiest/gives the most reputation. When exalted you can buy your new fancy Netherdrake mount in Shattrath! (Costs 200 gold)
    nope, you get it for free!

Tease's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oo thanks, must have remembered that incorrectly then. Or, wait, isnt it, you get the first one for free, and then you can buy others for 200g each? Anyway, thanks for reporting it . +rep