0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good skinning hot spot

I'm unsure if this specific place has been mentioned 40 million times but I wanted to relate what has worked for me and perhaps it will be a good reminder if it has been mentioned before.

There is a Rugged Leather hot spot in Winterspring that has made me quite a bit of gold and its also useful for farming the leather to craft with as well.

To the southeast of Everlook is the infamous Ice Thistle Yeti caves. As a lvl 70 (Hunter) skinner this place has yielded 4-6 stacks of Rugged Leather (7-9g a stack average) and 1-2 stacks of Thick Leather (3-5g a stack average) per hour. I've timed this multiple times and it has proved consistent for me. Thats 30g to 70g an hour but most importantly... its consistent and constant (More on this ideology below).

One of the largest benefits to this place is that the yeti quest from Everlook brings quite a few people into this cave. These yeti drop Thick Yeti Fur - Items - World of Warcraft and Ice Thistle E'ko - Items - World of Warcraft as quest items for both factions. Since these Yeti have such an enclosed, pre-defined space it makes this spot a great farming location because you pretty much know where the mobs are at all times.

Killing on your own or farming skins from the ones others kill in their dash for the item drops makes for a good location to farm consistently and constantly.

Effective farming has always required getting the most money for time spent and to excel in that area really requires constant, consistent actual farming instead of all the down time moving from mob to mob. This spot is great for constant and consistent farming because the mobs are in an area you are guarenteed they will be in at all times instead of an outside zone where wandering is more prominent.

The Rugged Leather drops around 60-70% of the time followed by Thick Leather and then followed by hides (but those are irelevant to the discussion). This means there is no low chance drop rate. Its always consistent AND constant. Thus money for time is put to best potential use at all times.

No roaming around outside the cave looking for Yeti to kill or trying to locate the ones others kill. Inside the cave proves very useful because you will always have a Yeti waiting for you to kill or skin. I've run this cave many times in my farming escapades and I have found that this mode of thinking is very useful. There will always be a Yeti to skin. Always. Even at lvl 70, by the time you clear the cave you'll have more respawning back at the entrance.

Being able to farm constantly improves your return. And we all know "return" equals "win" in our pocketbooks.

Again. i'm not sure if this is regurgitated info but I'm still making great money here per hour. Everyones class and playstyle plays a role in what they farm with most efficiency but at any rate I wanted to share what works wonders for me.

Most would say a lvl 70 should be farming motes and primals etc but on my server they are over farmed already. This spot isn't usually farmed and the ones who do come into the cave tend to be more concerned with the quest item drops. I've never seen another farmer in this location during my runs.

If you need quick money for an enchant etc. This spot is full of win in my humble opinion.

A good skinning hot spot
    wisner1431's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. I bot for my leather.

Spartansp's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol botting is bad.... but good contrib

mAdlax's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good spot (especially for later enchants) is Nagrand, grinding the big clefthoofs for clefthoof leather, sells really nice on my server.

Cazzingulo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the best spot hands down, is in CoT. all you need is a pally and 1dps, go into Black Morass and run around grabbing crocodiles. AoE them all down and skin. its great because you can reset it. not to mention there is alot of crocodiles in BM