0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadowstep tricks

Well, the forum did have some info on this, but i found some more nice info about what you can do with shadowstep that some people might find usefull there was also some useful things on http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ex...ps-tricks.html

I did not find these however, i found them on the rogue forums, WoW-Europe.com Forums -> PVP : Shadowstep tricks and tips

if this is in the wrong section, i apologise

Shadowstep tips:

1. Closing distance on any mage that blinked away from you, or getting back to that lock that deathcoiled you and interrupting his fear cast.
    2. Step up into higher areas (e.g. Bunkers/Towers in AV)
    3. Getting to someone tapping a flag in AB faster. Again can shadowstep to another enemy close to them and keep moving to get to the one tapping the flag.
    4. In AV if you can get someone in range on the Frostwolf tower opposite the one you are on it is possible to jump off towards the other tower and ShS to the other tower.
    5. Pesky caster standing above the gate to the Horde base in AV, leap off one of the towers and shadowstep to them :P
    6. Chasing down enemy flag carrier in WSG, if they aren't quite in range but another enemy is then shadowstep and keep moving to take advantage of the short speed increase, this has gotten me into blinding range (sub. specced though) of a flag carrier a few times when they had been escaping.
    7. Breaking caster/hunter LOS.
    8. Spotted an enemy healer about to heal your target, shadowstep kick, gouge and maybe blind on your way back to your target.
    9. Using it versus a warrior who intercepts. If timed right you basically switch places, he is then at range with his range closing moves on cooldown.
    10. In a confined space (tunnel in WSG) use ShS to get passed your target without alerting them or other nearby enemies to your presence.
    11. Turn around and shadowstep to the person pursueing you. Shiv crippling and keep going. Can often confuse/lose your pursuer.
    12. If you get stuck in a wall/scenery due to fear/whatever then you can shadowstep out of it again.
    13. Can be used on pets to help get in range of their masters (shs to pet, keep moving to get to master)
    14. Can be used on rogues so KS does not get dodged, especially vs evasion.
    15. Jump off of a ridge/cliff to escape enemy then ShS back to them, with luck they will jump off to follow you only to find you back up on the ridge/cliff.
    16. ShS + sap (if dirty tricks in spec) to stop a mounted opponent who is riding away (since talents sap has a bigger range than CS).
    17. When jumping down to GM in Arathi Basin (or similar fall where you will take substantial fall damage) ShS to an enemy before hitting the ground and avoid taking damage.

Shadowstep tricks
    willepro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirmed! everthind working , not the #16 and #17 It work everwhere

Galdivarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres one you missed, a good defensive use that saves my bacon all the time:

If your getting hit by a few mobs (say in a battleground), target a mob that's not in the pack (i.e Hunter or Mage) and Shadowstep your way out of danger. You can then hit gouge, sprint and run away before anyone realises what the hell just happened.

Works for me every time.

Kekko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice.

coni's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "1. Closing distance on any mage that blinked away from you, or getting back to that lock that deathcoiled you and interrupting his fear cast."
    " 7. Breaking caster/hunter LOS."

make that:

"1. Common sense"
    "7. Common sense"

Hartge's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of time to confuse warriors, or anyone else for that matter in arena, I run away to ShS and most of the time when I ShS the warrior thinks I vanished and waits rage on a shout to bring me out of the vanish I never cast.

Another common sense move that a lot of rogues still don't utilize is if your target is below 35% and you have full combo points, you can ShS to give your evis that even more extra boost in dmg, especially if you crit.

Say a mage is chasing you in AB, you're near GM ledge or at LM, most of the time in a pug that mage will always follow you no matter what to get the HK. Run and jump off the ledge and ShS right before you lose LoS, or before the mage jumps too, more often than not the mage will jump off and slowfall to chase you, but you'll be back up on the ledge.

Conflag's Avatar I'MA DOGGIE, WROOF WROOF!
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Belongs in guides *nods*

/moved