Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get Scarab Lord Title ( if you have luck)

Alot of my friends were asking me how to get scarab lord title, most of them just started playing wow and have no cleu how to get any titles.

What is Scarab Lord?

Who’d want to be called just plain Sergeant? Everybody has to start somewhere. Now after working your bloodthirsty behind off in PvP, you’ll finally be given rank titles like Lord Marshall or Knight-Champion. But those titles are accessible by working your way up. Blizzard clarifies one of the unique titles: Scarab Lord.

How to get; Scarab Lord

For the title Scarab Lord, a player really has to earn it. Those who took the Bang a Gong quest (reconstruct the Scepter of the Shifting Sands and rang the Scarab Gong) at the Temple of Ahn’Qiraj would be given access to the title. There is a condition though. After the gong quest is completed for the first time, the player who rang the gong for the first time and those who followed within eight hours would be the ones given the title.

This will probably be accessible to just a handful of players, one to three players most per server. Blizzard’s reasons: one, they want to keep some titles “very unique and special in nature”; two, there are only a “limited amount of slots in which to have titles available to people”.

READ THIS BEFORE GETTING CRAZY AND STARTING THE QUEST;

On most servers you can't get the title anymore,but if blizzard releases a new server you have to be quick to get it.

The quest;

If you intend to do this and set everything up yourself these are absolutely neccesary to obtain: UBRS Key, 10+ keyed for Onyxia, MC attunement, BWL attunement, Honored with Hydraxian Waterlords, 8-10 people you can really depend on that will help you out in most of the quests.

Retrieving the Head of Broodlord, half of the BWL group I put together had very little experience with the bosses. We had about 20 for Razorgore, although I've heard you can do it with 9 competant people. For Vael we had 25 with 3 tank rotations as our dps wasn't upto par. The 2 trash pulls afterwards is easy, have 2 druid sleep and tanks can easily grab 2 if they need to. We killed Broodlord with 15, everyone stayed behind the MT on threat, kept the MT alive and it went well. Note: The head apparently drops for everyone that has the quest after 2.1.

Farming reputation with BoN took nearly 12 days of consistent farming with 2-4 in Silithus. You received 500 rep each turnin of 200 carapace fragments. You will need to gain 42,000, or 84 turnins, or 16,800 carapaces. Hive Regal bugs drop an additional carapace (perhaps they are tougher to kill?), they drop 2-3 on average, so you're looking at killing about 7,000 of these.

You then reach the point of doing the 3 Scepter Shard quest lines. For the green line, it took about 5+ of us to effectively farm dragonkin at the 3 dream portals. The Twilight Corrupter at Duskwood was easy to kill with 20, I would assume you could use 10 or even less.

For Eranikus the Tyrant of the Dream in Moonglade I gathered about 25 people. I would suggest you get the same, took us a minute or 2 to kill shades, had a tank pick up Eranikus when he landed - eventually Romulos started tanking and you need to move your heals to him.

Red Scepter Shard, perhaps the hardest part with a pug. You're going to need to farm at least 4 Onyxia Cloaks to clear through BWL. I gathered 35-40 for a full run, a fair number were good players from top guilds, although I still had to fill out the rest of the 10-15 spots with pugs. I had someone prematurely talk to Vael before I started the Red Scepter quest, however, if you are quick enough you can still talk to Vael while he's doing his dialog and accept the quest. We equipped 2 tanks, a druid and a priest with our 4 cloaks. Firemaw is tricky, my OT and I pretty much relied on Paladin FR auras, fire debuffs were stacking around 50. If you have 2 other warriors or druids that are out of los and don't mind taking a shadowflame for the team, have them pick it up if your tanks go down. Ebonroc was a bit tricky with 2 tanks as we had to time taunts around Shadow of Ebonroc and Wing Buffet, if your dps takes it slow and doesn't pull aggro it's easy. Same goes for Flamegor, we got away with 1 hunter on Frenzy.

Chrommaggus we were lucky and didn't get Time Lapse, we tanked him where Ebonroc is usually faced in the cubby, although we faced him towards the stairs. Had MT healers at the stairs, and dps and other healers/cleansers behind the wall just behind him. Have everyone move out for breaths and HoTs will keep your MT up fairly well. Nefarian we improvised a strat, split the raid into 2 groups as usual, Drakanoids will go down fairly quickly. Around 30 drakanoids down we collapased behind his throne, had the MT, OT, priest and druid with cloaks get ready to pick up Nef. Have paladins and mages ice block in case they get hit by shadowflame, however if you stand behind the throne you will not get hit by it (yes, confirmed to still work as of 2.1). Nearly everyone should be alive for Phase 2 and 3. It's the same strat for Nefarian from here on out. We dropped him with about 20 minutes to spare. Obviously this is a pug and messing up on Vael, the Drakes and Nef can easily kill even level 70's.

Blue Scepter Shard, another pain because of the fact that you need to clear past Firemaw, farm 10 elementium ore, and kill Ragnaros. I would suggest you start clearing MC for reputation with the Hydraxian Waterlords as soon as you can. You only need Honored for Aqual Quitessence, and it's preferrable over Eternal if you only have 1 person with it. This is because Eternal has a 1 hour cooldown, we used 2 summoning groups at Azshara and outside MC to bounce myself back and forth after we cleared the bosses to douse the flames. Domo is straight forward, bring at least 3 mages. We dropped Ragnaros with 20 people just before sons, I don't know if Blizzard changed how the Draconic drops, however I would suggest you place it on Free for All loot with Ragnaros to insure you can loot the draconic. As you clear MC you should find Narain's Scrying Goggles (I would suggest putting it on FFA loot until you receive these). Dr. Weavil is a pain if you don't have 3 tanks, we initially tried it with 12 people and he would always MC the MT or OT. I would suggest for the cleanest kill just gather 20 people and a 3rd tank. You should pickup Onyxia's Draconic while farming scales. From here you need to kill Maws, which I have yet to do, but it should only take 20.

Notes on setting instanced raids up: You will probably need to find pugs for MC and BWL. I would suggest you get at least 8 or so core people you can really depend on that will show up and know exactly what they're doing. You will get people each and everytime that will not be attuned to either. MC attunement is quite easy, I would have one of the guys you know form a seperate party (attunement can no longer be done in a raid), make sure he has the key to the door and run everyone to the core. You can lava hop there and no aggro anything. BWL groups take more time, an hour before a scheduled run I would setup an attunement run in UBRS (you yourself should really get the UBRS key). Clear through Drakk and keep the instance open, and start inviting. Those that aren't attuned can grab the note quest outside, and easily run into the cleared UBRS and complete it.

Blackwing Technicians will not drop Elementium Ore after they've been killed a first time, we confirmed this over a 2 hour period of multiple pack resets. With a soft reset the goblins don't appear when you come back in until you reset the partial pack again. This appears to confirm that the instance does save the goblins separately and will only drop loot for the first clear. I would suggest you put several runs together before you're on the quest to obtain these beforehand. You can clear the packs in Firemaw's room with at the very minimum 8 people. On average I received 2-3 ores per instance (per week).

Maws was incredibly easy with 14, I imagine you could do it with 5, although it would take quite awhile, nothing to worry about really, maybe keep hunter on frenzy.

As far as the AQ Event is concerned, you can ring the gong once the war effort is complete and 5 days have past from when it has finished, there is no delay on using the Scepter if the war effort has been completed for more than 5 days. You receive the bug mount when you complete Bang a Gong!, which will also open the gates at the same time. This will put a server message stating the invasion has begun, to spur those not there to help.

There will be 3 Hive Lords that you can kill for 2 boe epics and blues. They can punt your entire raid halfway across Silithus, an easy way to kill them is to kite them just inside a tunnel. There are also two minibosses that spawn in Silthus, Pax-lish will drop a blue and is extremely easy to kill. Nokhor, who drops a boe epic, will take at least 4 people. Although you can kite them to CH we had loot issues when the NPCs killed them. Pax-lish will also spawn in Tanaris, they appear to spawn in place of the generals. Nokhor will spawn where the Supreme Anubisaths are, Pax-lish where Greater Anubisaths are. They're on a 15 minute respawn timer, although we saw Nokhor spawn much sooner a few times.

The event will last exactly 10 hours. 9 hours from ringing the gong a server message will go out that the armies are preparing to attack the Silithid. At 9:15 hours they will begin moving south. Around 9:30 hours the battle will begin between the NPCs and Colossal Anubisath Warbringers that will continue to spawn. After 10 hours an NPC will spawn near the gong and you can receive your final epic weapon.

A note if you're going to ring the gong: I would suggest you inform everyone on your server a day or two ahead of time, and try to land it on a day when most can see it. Everyone enjoys it and it really is a lot of fun for everyone across the southern zones on Kalimdor.

How to get Scarab Lord Title ( if you have luck)
    GKV's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather kill myself.

but gd guide

sverrirthor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can´t get this title on any live servers now

Coolbest's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, thats why i said you could get it if blizzard creates a new server

FiledOne's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can find a new enough sever that AQ isnt open, I highly doubt you will find people who are willing, strong enough, and smart enough to clear all the necessary raids to open it. It will also be a major pain to even complete the supplies portion of the war effort. So unless you are a part of a transfer guild, I think this would be next to impossible.

Xai0's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In short, mision imposible...
    Gz with your title and mount..
    Good guide +rep

Mekks's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have most of this done on my mage, but i still need a 5 hour bwl run and getting the people for that + xferin to a new server and getting the wareffort done makes it not worth it :/

Quafe's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All hail the Qiraji! +rep for a guide most awesomely made

ChrisC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World of Warcraft Ahn'Qiraj War Effort Rankings states that only 1 server has a closed gate.

Aradroth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My server just recently opened the gates, last server to have them open. Nazgrel

KingOfTheMorons's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this was opened in the last few months on my server but i have yet to see the person with the title

r@z's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice guide u deserve some rep for it mate.:wave:+Rep

Shandriel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, wont do it though don't have the time.

Edge's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those that rang the gong will be able to access this title. The reason that this title is not something everyone can earn is two-fold.

First, they (Blizzard) want these types of titles to be very unique and special in nature.

Second, they have a limited amount of slots in which to have titles available to people (thus why everyone can't just choose any PvP title they wish.) So, they want to continue to make titles available, have room to add new and unique titles and keep them as special as possible.

Overall, they intend to add titles to the system for various things where they can. Some will be very very specialized such as the Scarab Lord title and others will be more accessible via such things as the Arena system provided you earn it by climbing the ladder.

Shorter version, but +rep.
    Last edited by Edge; 01-24-2008 at 10:16 AM.

gtfo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by GKV View Post
    I'd rather kill myself.
    this :P but yeah i dont think blizzard will release new servers any time soon :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast