2/0
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Setting up Glider & GliderMonkey

Hello MMowned fans! I'm abit bored and I just thought of an idea to make a guide how to set up GliderMonkey and Glider, all gliders here know that glider usually gets an error every 2-3 hour.. With GliderMonkey you can glide for as long as you want(almost)!

!!Notes for Newbs will go in RED TEXT FONT!

Description:

-GliderMonkey: Tool to restart/relog and reload profile every x seconds. (GliderMonkeys)
    -Glider: WoW bot. Get it here (Glider) (Costs ~25$)

You'll need:

1.Computer that can handle WoW + ~ 50-70MB extra RAM memory.
    2.A Gliderkey(the one that costs money, similar to a CD-key)
    3.An account to play with

Okey, here it goes:

1. Make sure you get the latest version of glider (When you have bought your GliderKey, you can register at their forums for "beta" release acces) currenly: 1.5.6 RC4.

2. Extract all the files from the .rar you'v just downloaded from the "beta" section into an empty folder in your deskop. I.e "new folder"

3. Start LaunchPad.exe in that folder, in order to update and download lastest stuff etc.

4. When you'v done with this, you can start setting up glider settings as you want to, by pressing the "config" button when you'v started the LaunchPad.exe.

5. REMEMBER to put "remote acces" port to Something you remember, I.e: 3434 and password I.e: password
    And check "Enable"

6. Now you should be done setting up Glider. Now Download Glidermonkey From here: http://www.glidermonkeys.com/downloads/GliderMonkey.zip
    Extract it on you deskop in ANOTHER map that Glider. I.e: New folder 2

SETTING UP GLIDERMONKEY (I DID NOT MAKE THIS, This is from: Here And I do not take any credit from this.)

7. The first thing we need to do is check to make sure that GM can detect the screens in WoW. First click on the Settings button on the main screen.

8. From there scroll down till you see MainScreen and CharacterScreen and then select MainScreen then double click on it and it will open up a new window.
    When "Automatically start bots" is checked it will start running the bots when ever GM starts, good for when the computer is restarted so it can get GM running again. just add a shortcut to GM in Start->All Programs->Startup to have GM start when windows starts.

8. REMEMBER THIS: You only need to edit this if the default settings are not working for you!
    from this new window you will be able to select the location of a spot on the WoW window that it will be able to get the pixel and a range to compare it to that way GM can tell what screen WoW is in.
    use "Auto Find" to move the mouse in the game window then you can move to where you want GM to look.
    Use "Discover Color" to find the color in that location.
    Then set the color range for GM to use when comparing that color to find the the screen, the higher the number the less sensitive it is.
    Use "Test Range" to see if GM can find the screen. it will tell you if it is in or out of range.

9. When setting up the the pixel locations in GM set it to something that will always have the same color and will be in the same location every time.
    EXAMPLE for mainscreen: http://glidermonkeys.com/guide/wowmain.jpg
    EXAMPLE for Charscreen: http://glidermonkeys.com/guide/wowchar.jpg

10. "Name" Enter a name so you can tell what this is account is for and identify it later
    "Path to Launchpad.exe" click the "find" button next to the textbox and find where the Launchpad.exe for glider is.
    "Path to profile" if you want to use the profile injector use the "find" button next to the textbox and open the profile you want injected
    "Glider port:" enter the remote port number for glider (the one that you were soposed to remember)
    "Glider Password" enter the remote password for glider (the one that you were soposed to remember)
    "WoW Username:" if using the relogger enter your WoW username here
    "WoW Password:" if using the relogger enter your WoW password here.
    WoW username/password are saved using 256bit encryption
    "Stop after mins:" GM will stop the glide after this many mins, use 0 to not stop the glide
    "Resume After Stop" enter how many mins you want GM to wait after it get log out before relogging.
    "Retrys" this is how many times GM will try to restart glider or relog back into the game.
    "Character" use this to select which Character glider will chose when trying to log into the game, on wow 1 is the top most Character and 10 being the bottom most Character

"Enabled" lets GM know if it should use this account or not use it
    "Enable Profile Injection" if this is enabled then GM will try to inject a profile into glider when ever it starts a glide or restarts a glide.
    "Enable Relogger" GM can be used with out the relogger and will not try to log into an account and will just restart the glide when it stops.

Picture: http://glidermonkeys.com/guide/AddAccount.jpg

STARTING THE GLIDE:

11. Your GM screen should now be looking like this: http://glidermonkeys.com/guide/main.jpg
    If not, go back and re-do step: 10

12. from the main screen of GM you can start all of the accounts by clicking "Start All", when you click "start all" it will not start accounts that are disabled. for individual control of a relogger you can select the account from the listbox and double click on it to bring up a control box for that account.

And that should be it! Hope it was helful, And do remember that I DID NOT make the GM guide, i just posted it here incase ppl didn't know about it.

edit: THIS GOES FOR ALL THAT IS WHINING ABOUT ME COPYPASTING! I'V SAID 2 TIMES THAT I DID NOT!! MAKE THIS GUIDE. I POSTED IT BEACAUSE I WANTED TO SHARE IT ON MMOWNED. SO READ THE WHOLE GUIDE INSTEAD OF WHINING. IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED "NOTES FOR NEWBS" IS RED FONTED.. YOU CANT MISS IT.

IF YOU SUCEDED WITH MY GUIDE, YOU'R GM SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS:
    http://glidermonkeys.com/guide/Individual%20Control.jpg

Just simply press "Start" and Glider+WoW should start

If you have any problems/contructive critisism or any other comment, Write a post here and I'll correct my mistakes

/loliceman :wave:
    Last edited by loliceman; 12-28-2007 at 07:18 AM.

[Guide] Setting up Glider & GliderMonkey
    Joethemagicalhobo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    copypasta?

ImTheEnd's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Joethemagicalhobo View Post
    copypasta?
    Yes he only changed the text Colors...

Awsome job :gtfo2:

darbdavys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loliceman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Joethemagicalhobo View Post
    copypasta?
    If i recall correctly, I clearly stated that the guide is not my work.
    SO yes, I ctrl + C and ctrl + V it. But the only reason was because I wanted to share it on MMowned.

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darbdavys View Post

What should i link to then ? Want me to remove them ?

ImTheEnd's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Die Double Poster Die!

unr34l1980's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any1 knows why afther killing 2 mobs GM + wow crashes to desktop?

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your log files in your Glider directory for errors or something. Should be:

Glider.lastrun.txt
    Launchpad.lastrun.tt
    Chat.txt
    Combat.txt

Hope you'll find a solution.

jonoboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get this to log in when I start it, do I need glider elite or something. (Sorry for the noob question )

YodaRogue's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so what dose the glider do exactly?