Tourguide - Leveling Guide Addon menu

User Tag List

frankhuzzah

Tourguide - Leveling Guide Addon

I've been using both Brian Kopp's guide and Joana's guide for a long time. While they are both good, they can be a pain to use. Myself, I have a second monitor to view it on, but before that I printed them both . I always hoped there would be a way to program an addon to bring this information into the game. After much searching I found Tourguide (or you can go directly to the download page at WoWInterface).

Here are the highlights from the website
    • Automatic detection of objective completion
      • Detect quest accept, completion and turnin
      • Detect travel (by foot, flight, boat and stone)
      • Detection of flight point discovery
      • Detection of Hearth point change
      • Conditionals based on class, level and item possession (only tell the player to accept the quest if they have the item that starts the quest)
    • Small "lego block" style frame shows current objective, detailed tooltips on hover
    • "Use item" frame, for those annoying quests where you have to use an item on a mob before you kill it, or you have to equip something, or you have to use an item to start a quest
    • OptionHouse-based frame for detailed view of quest sequence and guide selection
    • Automatic mapping of coordinates with TomTom or Cartographer
    I've been using the addon for a couple weeks and I have to say, I really like it. Best of all, it is free! The guides are really good. While they can't say it for fear of copyright issues, I believe they are 'heavily influenced' by Joana and Kopp. The alliance guide is almost complete and the horde one is coming along nicely.

I probably sound like a spammer, but I'm just jacked to find an addon that does EXACTLY what I want. Add in to that the fact that the sky is really the limit of what it'll guide you to do. I'm sure in the future we'll be seeing rep guides in there.

I did search the forum for this, but I didn't see anything. If it is a repost I apologize.

Tourguide - Leveling Guide Addon
    bthecheat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll try it out, i cant +rep ya already gave rep to some guy who posted fishing bot i will for you 2morro

Xerian's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could get the ingame guide of brian kopp or idemise

memorex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like. Thanks did not know of this addon.

frankhuzzah
    Originally Posted by Xerian View Post
    Or you could get the ingame guide of brian kopp or idemise
    As my Mapmod of choice has been Cartographer for a long time (I just prefer Ace addons), I've only briefly tested the iDemise addon. The thing I like about Tourguide is that you don't have to wade through crap to find the information that you need, what you should be doing is right there in front of you. I never have to remember where I was in a guide anymore, just load up a toon and away I go.

Just some other little things, lets say I've been out questing but I didn't finish one quest, I can still hearth back and turn in what I did get done, the addon automatically logs the turn-ins and adjusts accordingly. Or let's say you stacked a couple quests, you have to kill 10 buzzards for one guy, but need 4 buzzard hearts for another. If you get the hearts before killing the 10 buzzards, the addon recognizes that and skips that step.

It is just a personal prefernce thing, but this is the most elegant solution I've found.

oliverfuture's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. If you're used to "in-game guide" meaning "we made a bunch of MetaMap notes" then you're in for a surprise with TourGuide. Tekkub has made a great addon that tracks everything automatically and is easy to modify with guide updates and your own alterations.

bloodbath's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for informing us about this mod. It looks awesome. +Rep