0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class Tactics + Techniqes

Hi people of mmowned.

My first post so please dont flame.

Priest

Primary early priest techniques -

Keep your buff spells up and shield yourself before pulling when solo. You can nuke most mobs down to near death before your shield wears out. In a group, make sure your eyes are on the health meters of your group mates. It's your job to keep them standing. Save those potions. They are instant heals that can get you out of a jam.

Healing Aggro (or threat) -

A very important thing to learn as a priest is how to NOT gain aggro (aggression) while in a group. It is the tanks job to hold aggro and your life will be saved many times over by not pulling it away from him with a big heal.

Let’s start with a simple definition of aggro and how it works. This is in no way 100% complete, this is the basics. Aggro is the rated aggression or threat that a MOB has towards someone. Each MOB has a table that tracks the threat points for all targets it is aware of. It is aware of everything in its threat range (varies depending on your relative level to it). Ignoring abilities that generate extra threat, each point of damage generates a point of threat against that MOB. The MOB will aggro (or go aggressive against) the target it has the most threat points against.

Now it gets a little complicated. Healing done to a player will generate roughly 0.75 points of threat per point of health healed. It is complicated though to determine which MOBS will gain those threat points. If a Warrior is fighting 3 MOBS (all focused on him) then they will all gain threat. For the next example assume a warrior, rogue and paladin are fighting three mobs with the warrior tanking two and the rogue and paladin fighting the other one. Healing the warrior puts threat points on two MOBS, healing one of the other two characters only puts threat on one MOB. In big combats it is sometimes very difficult to figure out how threat is going to work. The threat is added as each health point is healed, so over healing someone does not generate extra threat.

Also shielding a person transfers the damage protected to points of threat towards the priest. So if your shield on a warrior protects 500 points of damage, then you gain 500 points of threat. The threat is added to you as the damage is prevented, not on the cast of the shield.

Knowing the basics above though helps educate you on how threat and aggro works. Now we move onto how to manage it better and not draw it.

The first thing that should be obvious is that you do not want to cast big heals if at all possible. Big heals move you up the threat list very quickly. Also if a tank has two targets and is splitting his attacks between them to hold aggro, it will be very hard for him to gain aggro back and get the MOB off of you.

The second thing to notice is that if you cast shield and renew you gain no immediate threat, but gain it over time. This is very important as it allows the tank to keep aggro and other players to build threat over that time as well. This will help keep you down in the threat list.

Fade is also your friend and should be used any time after a big heal. Fade works by temporarily dropping a set amount of aggro points from all MOBS with you in their threat table. This amount is returned as soon as fade is done.

So putting all of the above together we learn to do the following:
    - Heal over time to allow other to gain threat over the same time
    - Shield to prevent having to heal and gain threat over time
    - Try to use small heals and spread out heals to groups fighting different MOBS whenever possible.
    - When you have to cast a big heal, make sure fade is ready to cast right after
    Last edited by Tamaroth; 12-11-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Spellling errors

Class Tactics + Techniqes
    Tamaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Druid

There are two basic roles a druid can adopt. The first is a feral combat Druid. These types of druids use their bear form to tank for the party, or their cat form to take the place of a rogue. With talents that mimic the abilities of both a rogue and a warrior, a feral combat druid will fit into most groups quite easily

The second role is that of a healer. In this case the Druid would stay out of combat and keep the party alive. While not as good as a Priest, druids also have some pretty good spells like rejuvenation, tranquility, and regrowth that suit their role as a healer. One thing to keep in mind is although they can use rebirth to resurrect party members they can only use it once every 30 mins.

It is best if you decide which way you want to play before hand, as it will save money from not needing to get retrained.

Tactics

Timing of spells is a very important tactic to learn. First of all buff before adventuring. Mark of the wild and Natures Grasp are two early buffs that should always be in place. In the early stages of the game, when soloing, a fight will usually go along the lines of: wrath, moonfire, wrath, attack, attack wrath. This tactic is used for mobs that are far

enough away to get the second wrath in before hand to hand. When fighting mobs of similar level to you by the time you reach combat the mobs should be down at round 1/3 of their hit points. Your attacks with your melee weapon allow for mana regeneration and you usually finish off the mob with wrath. After obtaining the entangling roots spell, another tactic to use is to root the mob and fire away at it from a distance. Once the mob gets free and into hand to hand switch over to bear form and continue on fighting.

In a group after it is decided what role you’ll play it is best to stick to that role.

If you are the healer in the group stay in caster form out of harms way.Getting aggro when healing your party is always a problem. Here are some points to consider when healing:

# Healing aggro = level + number of heals + type of heals.
    # The lower the level you are vs the mob, the more aggro you get.
    # The more healing you have to do, the more aggro you get.
    # The larger spells you use, the more aggro you get.

For druids, regrowth grabs the most aggro, healing touch will grab some, rejuvenation practically none.

So it follows that you should not heal right away, and after doing a major heal on a tank, take a break for a bit.

Also any healing done before a battle will not generate aggro, so good ahead and cast rejuvenation/regrowth, just don’t cast right after the battle starts. In the unfortunate event you do get the mob aggro switch to bear form until the mob can be pulled off you.

If your chosen role is tank, debuff the group before the fight and then switch to bear form. Your higher armor in bear form means you can tank. Maintain and continue to hold the mobs aggro through use of abilities like Growl, Maul and Challenging roar.

If your role is going to be high damage, buff your party and then switch to cat form. Wait until the mob is engaged and stay behind it. Abilities like Pounce, Ravage and Shred can only be used from behind a mob. In cat form watch your combo meter closely and use finishing moves after you fill the combo meter. Once the combo meter has five points in it, it is maxed out. There is no point in not using those pints to their fullest potential.
    Last edited by Tamaroth; 12-11-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Tamaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunter

The hunter is a class that if played correctly can be a huge help to any party. They can also be played very well as a solo class due to the help their pet gives them. You are always playing with a group when you have your pet.

A hunter will almost always be built and played as a long range damage class and puller. The builds and tactics discussed here will be mainly along these lines.

* Group - When used in a group the hunter will normally be the puller and control the tempo and pace of the group. Your ability to mark targets, get your pet to hold aggro and to pull from a distance all come into play to make you a valuable party member.
    * Solo - When built to solo the Hunter will mainly be specialized in distance damage with lots of care put into the pet selection and talents. Your pet will mainly be played as a tank to hold the mobs aggro off of you, and to keep them at range so you can shoot them at range.

You should always fire a concussive shot at your target just before it dies to help prevent it from fleeing.

Tamaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mage

As with all classes in World of Warcraft, there are varying ways of playing a Mage. The following is a compiled list of different styles that a Mage can be played, they are by no means the only way but a list compiled by gamers. At the core of the paths a Mage can choose are the 3 categories of spells (Fire, Ice, & Arcane) though most mages typically use a combination of these abilities.

Primary early Mage technique -

When starting off as a Mage one of the key things to remember is how your spells interact with one another. Starting combat off by sending out a frostbolt to slow the enemies advance to you and then following up with fireballs is a common mage tactic that has been proven time and again. It is up to you how you mix and match your spells, but be sure to get a system that works for you and that you are comfortable with.

Fire Mage -

This is someone who you don’t want to mess with in ranged combat, a mage based off using fire can rip apart most enemies in only a few fireballs and other flashy spells. With the ability to shoot highly damaging fireballs, teamed with an initial blast from a Pyroblast, the Fire Mage can deal with most enemies in a straight up engagement due to the fact he not only causes massive amounts of direct damage, but also does fire damage over time.

Ice Mage -

Not as direct as the Fire Mage, an Ice Mage is more adept at the subtleties of battle, using such tactics as slowing enemies down with their chill abilities and fully stopping them with spells like Frost Nova. An Ice Mage is capable of performing incredible chains of spells while the chilling effects of their magic detain their enemies. Also when they are in a group with others, Ice Mages prove their worth by using the devastating Blizzard spell to its fullest effect against multiple enemies engaged in combat with other players.

Arcane Mage -

One of the more unique types of Mages, the Arcane Mage relies highly on the benefits gained from the varying talents that can be received from the Arcane Talent Tree. Utilization of the Polymorph spell is probably the biggest aspect of this school as it allows the mage to deal with up to two enemies at once effectively. Spells such as Arcane Missiles and Arcane Explosion allow the Arcane Mage to be an effective fighting mage, while spells like Counterspell and Mana Shield will give the Arcane based mage more “lasting” power in a battle.

The “Kama-Sutra” Mage Style :

Upon hitting my “thirties” in level I began the Instance known as the Scarlet Monastery. Unlike previous Instances to this point there were battles with multiple powerful enemies who could really wipe a mage off the face of the Earth if they agroed the poor spell caster.

So several wipes and some yelling by others later I finally joined a group with a really good Paladin friend of mine, in this group I came up with a good style of managing agro; The “Kama-Sutra” technique.

Something several new Mages do (especially if they’ve spent most of their time soloing) is to spam an enemy with magic trying to kill the mob as quickly as possible. The magic of Mages is much more powerful and capable of much more DPS then that of melee classes, however if agro is drawn to you there will be pain involved.

In Instances when monsters tagged as Elite have a much larger sum of Hit Points then normal monsters this means that Mages really can’t afford to suck the agro of enemy monsters. So how does a Mage maintain a good barrage of spell casting and not suck agro?

Well the basis of the Kama Sutra technique requires patience and faith in your fellow party members. As a Mage you may think that when your melee party members engage in combat, that they take too long. Just wait for your allies to take the targeted opponent down to about half health then “Blow your load” as it were and unleash all your spells at once!

A full out blast of magic will greatly weaken the already damaged enemy and if by some means does attract the agro of an enemy (sometimes those criticals aren’t nice!) he’ll be so weak that you shouldn’t have any issues dealing with him. Of course against spell casting opponents you should have the upper hand and be able to go toe to toe with them even if they are elite!

This is the premise behind the “Kama-Sutra” style of agro management. This style is good in most respects and will keep healers of the party happy as cloth armor wearing players lose hit points a lot faster then plate! So give it a try and see how well you can manage your agro.
    6.1.5 - In's & Out's of Magehood

Being a mage can be quite exhilarating yet utterly frustrating at times. I'm writing this so that we can have a valid place to discuss these high's and low's as well as serve as warning to those who are looking to start their own Mage. This isn't necessarily a guide but my opinions on what I have seen as I have played my own mage. The difference is subtle in that I am not telling you what is good to do but I am relaying my experiences as I have experienced them.

First Lets start with the Pro's and Con's that I have seen on en route to a lvl 37 Firecaster.

Just to let you know, I am building a FireBlaster (35 points in Fire 16 in arcane) so these In's and Out's come from my current build. They might be different with other builds and that is where the community will come in handy.

First, lets discuss the Pro's and Con's of Magehood. These are actually pretty generic and can be applied to any mage and really can be found in any guide. Im adding my personal bend to them to spice it up a little.

I personally feel that a Mage needs to be the most tactically savvy of all the characters in WoW. Their frailty leaves little room for error. Also remember these strategies are coming from a Fireblaster bend so you will not see a lot of other stuff. I also use different strategies for different situations so I will go over some of the common scenario's that I meet and go into strategies that I use. I will also break each battle into segments so that I can explain my tactics as they happen and my thought processes behind them. I am sure you will see flaws and any constructive criticism is welcome (no "U 5UXX0R5" allowed)
    Last edited by Tamaroth; 12-11-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Tamaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paladin

As with all the hybrid classes in the game, the paladin can play many different roles. Here are some of the main ways to play a paladin.

* Tank - A tank paladin is built to absorb punishment! They are there to soak up the agro and damage from all the mobs that come inbound at the group. With good armor, a shield you are off to a good start. Not much better than a warrior at this point, but next we add defensive talents, stamina talents, auras, blessings and healing. This allows you to stand up to mobs higher than your level and take the hits while your party kills them.
    * Healer - While not as good a healer as a priest or druid, a paladin can still heal very effectively. Between talents that almost completely stop you from being interrupted while casting, upgrade the amount healed, reduce the cost and time to cast and your survivability you are not much behind a priest. If you factor in your average time to live is much higher than a priest when cornered, they come very close in ability.
    * Solo - You can also develop your paladin to solo fairly well. To do this, gear your paladin to your own playing style. The best way to develop a solo paladin though should be to not have any obvious weakness. Luckily, the class is virtually weakness-free. The paladin has options for almost anything. The only significant weakness is the lack of a distance pulling method and strong crowd control options. If you play carefully though you are generally ok.
    * PVP - Paladins make excellent PvP characters as long as you are able to confront the enemy one on one. In fact this is the main reason players complain about the paladin, they are amazing in solo PvP. PvP builds combine damage, healing and tanking into one package. This makes them especially hard to take down in combat. They will not kill an opponent quickly, but over time they wear them down and take them out.

Primary early paladin technique -
    My primary early level technique with the paladin is to rely on your aura of devotion for extra armor and staying power. While attacking I ensure blessing of might is cast for the power bonus, then cast seal of the crusader and the cast judgment to get the seals release effect of causing additional holy damage. I next cast seal of righteousness to cause holy damage. The other slight variation is to cast seal of righteousness first, release it for the damage effect and then cast seal of the crusader for its power and speed boost. Then whenever your judgment is ready to recast, repeat the process to do more damage.

Self Healing / Preservation Technique (submitted by: Potato) -
    When low on life and not taking magic damage, use divine protection or blessing of protection on self. Immediately use bandage and/or potion. Cast Holy Light on self. Optional: Cast Flash of Light/Holy Light on self. Divine Protection and Blessing of Protection each give 6-10 seconds of physical invulnerability - enough time to use bandages and cast up to 2 heals. Using a potion is probably overkill if you are already using a bandage. Bandages tend to be cheaper with lower downtime (1 v 2 minutes). Also potions may be needed to recover mana in combat unless using blessing of wisdom. The protection buff will allow the bandage to work and keep you from breaking the healing.

Aggro Management (submitted by: Vladimirr) -
    Just about everything you can do as a paladin can help you maintain aggro and tank for the group. Although I'm still learning the ins and outs, here's some things I've found to be helpful:
    1) Judgements. Refresh them every chance you get; every 15 seconds. No matter which one you're using, they seem to generate a fair amount of aggro when they land. Don't let your judgement sit the full 30 seconds and wear out. Use it as another taunt. Also, see if you can either be the puller for the group, or if not, be sure to land your judgement as the mob rolls in. Getting that first hit seems to be important in maintaining aggro in WoW.
    2) Blessing of Protection. Five minute refresh, can be lowered via talents. When you cast this on a person, they'll lose all aggro INSTANTLY, to the next person on the hate list. (If they're the only one on the hate list, the mob will still stay on them, but..) This means that if you're near the top of that list, you have a pretty good chance to get aggro back

Tamaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rogue

There are two different styles of play In WoW, and the rogue is well suited for both. Playing solo and playing in a group. Although the rogue is suited for both the roles he will play in two styles of play are very different.

Solo
    When going it alone, the best way I have found to play is usually engage enemies that are a couple of levels lower than yours. As a rogue can't wear heavy armor, they can't take much damage, before having to disengage from a fight. Basically I try to be a pull one or two enemies at most and deal with them one at a time. Also remember stealth is your friend. I can't count how many times I have rested stealthed while amongst a group of monsters just outside their area of vision. I find the best way to pull a monster away from its friends is to use a bow, or thrown weapon.

Group
    When playing in a group, I try to get into the mindset of a rogue. Why not it is a RPG after all? In a group situation we are meant to dish out high damage like a warrior but not to take as much. As such the best course of action is to be behind your target, while it is focused on another party member. It takes a little maneuvering but position is everything. Also to note it is not a good idea to be the first to engage any enemy. Let some one else pull, and once they are the focus of the monster, then go in for the kill. Remember what your abilities and talents do. If you expose armor on a monster it not only helps you but also everyone else in the group. When playing in a group situation, for any class communication is the key. For rogue this is even truer. Rogues have no obvious role in a group, like warriors (tank), or priests (healer). What we do is support the others. We can pull in enemies, if needed. We can tank in a pinch, we are good at "off" tanking or pulling the excess enemies away from our main tank. Or we can take one enemy out of the fight for awhile at least with our subtlety and assassination skills. The most important thing to do is communicate with your party members. It doesn't work if you sap a creature only to have the party beat on it. Decide amongst the group what needs to be done and who is doing what, otherwise general mayhem occurs.

There are two basic roles a rogue can adopt. The first is a combat rogue. A combat rogue style of fight is to run straight at a target and keep hitting until it's dead. Combat rogues depend on sinister strikes and heavy hitting melee weapons for their damage. Their main choice of weapons are the sword and mace.

The second type is an assassination rogue. Assassins use stealth and special moves in order to deal with there targets, then fade away before they get counter attacked. generally assassins use at least one dagger as some of their best special moves, require a dagger to be in their main hand.

It is best if you decide which way you want to play before hand, as it will save money from not needing to get retrained.

The rogue’s combat system is built on an energy meter and a combo system. There are opening moves, standard special attacks and finishing moves.

Opening moves and standard special attacks give combo points when executed for a hit. As many as 5 points can be built up. The more points you build the more effective your finishing move will be.

Finishing moves deal damage according to how many points have been built up. After completing a finishing, the combo meter is cleared and you start building combo points over again.

The best way to do the most damage is to keep close watch on your combo meter, no hacking and slashing. All of these combo attacks use up your energy bar the best cure for low energy is Thistle Tea. This tea instantly renews 100 energy. Excellent for those times we you can't find a place to rest. The recipe for thistle tea is a reward for the poison quest, so don’t worry about finding it.

Combat
    The direct approach starts with a ranged weapon (throwing dagger, bow) from extreme range so you can get a shot or two in, then you Gouge, run around the mob, and Backstab. Staying to the back of the monster or NPC, remember positioning is everything. Good talents to have with a combat rogue are Improved Backstab, Improved Sinister Strike, Precision, Improved Eviscerate.

Assassin The stealth approach usually goes like this: go into stealth mode maneuver behind the target, Pickpocket (for extra loot), Ambush or Cheap Shot, Gouge, Backstab. Then as the target turns to face you finish with some Sinister strikes and Eviscerate. Good talents for an assassin are Improved Sinister Strike, Improved Eviscerate, Improved Backstab, Ruthlessness, Lethality, Relentless Strikes.

Both types of rogues use stealth so regardless of which way you want to play, there are some common talents that are good to have. Master of Deception, Camouflage, Premeditation all have uses for combat or assassin rogues.

Sample combos

Combinations are usually based on personal preference, but here are a few of my favorites:

Damage Combo- Ambush, Sinister strike (x4), Eviscerate. A fairly basic combo used in the early stages of the game when all talents and skills aren’t available. It works well to begin with.

Backstab Combo- Ambush, Gouge, move behind target, Backstab, Gouge, move behind target, Backstab, Eviscerate. This Combo takes advantage of the large amount of damage dealt with backstab. It is best used in one on one situations, as there is movement involved and while the initial mob is stuck any others will be able to hit you repeatedly.

Stun Combos #1 (PvP)- Cheap Shot (with remorseless), Sinister Strike, Gouge (pause to regenerate energy), Kidney Shot,Sinister Strike, gouge, Sinister Strike, Eviscerate, Blind, Vanish, repeat.

This Combo would only be used for PVP because the talent vanish will reset a mob, while another player will not reset. The talent remorseless attacks is essential in this combo to get a good critical hit.

Stun Combo #2 Cheap Shot (with remorseless), Sinister Strike, Gouge (pause to regenerate energy), Eviscerate, Blind (pause to regenerate energy), Vanish, Cheap Shot, Sinister Strike, Gouge, preparation, Eviscerate, Blind, Vanish, Cheap Shot, Sinister Strike, Gouge, Eviscerate.

This is three 5 point eviscerates from which your opponent will have very little opportunity to fight back. You are vulnerable are after you do an Eviscerate and before you get your blind in. Position yourself behind and very close to your target after you gouge so that you can quickly eviscerate and blind before they can turn to attack. There is also a small window for them to escape as well. Use of crippling poisons will insure that they don’t. Again this combo would be pvp only for the same reason as above.

Bleed Combo- Garrote, Hemmorage (x4), Rupture. This combo will give no chance for a critical strike but does ignore armor so it can be useful in the right situations

Solo Combo- Cheap Shot, Sinister Strike (x3), Eviscerate. This combo is easy to accomplish and quick to finish off mobs.

Speed Combo- Cheap Shot, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Gouge, Slice and Dice, Blade Fury Use of instant poison, for extra damage would be an asset with this combo

Tamaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warlock

As with all classes in World of Warcraft, there are varying ways of playing a Warlock. The following is a compiled list of different styles that a Warlock can be played, they are by no means the only way but a list compiled by gamers. At the core of the paths a Warlock can choose are the 3 categories of spells (Demonology, Destruction & Affliction) though most Warlocks typically use a combination of these abilities.

Primary early Warlock technique -

When starting off as a Warlock one of the key things to remember is how your spells interact with one another. Starting combat off by sending out your voidwalker to gain aggro while beginning to dispense all your DoT spells, is a commonly seen "solo" tactic. It is up to you how you mix and match your spells, but be sure to get a system that works for you and that you are comfortable with.

1 Hand vs. 2 Hand weapon debate

There is a huge debate on which is a better option for characters. To me it all comes down to character role. Some Warlocks prefer to go with a single hand weapon such as a sword (mainly humans) and then use their off hand for an intellect buffing device such as a magic orb.

There are many other factors that come into play and I will expand on these later.

Destruction Warlock - This build of warlock is heavily based on the concept of "Direct Damage" and the use of several DoT spells that inflict damage. Spells like Hellfire and Immolate are excellent to start off with, then are well complimented by more direct damage spells like shadow bolt. The major issue with this build is the high threat generated by all these damaging spells.

Daemonology Warlock - Warlocks based off this build are centered highly around the abilities of their summoned pets. This build has several nice combinations of abilities, such as improving the stats of pets, all the way up to being able to have damage shared for a short time between the pet and the caster! Demonology also allows access to some of the "neater" Warlock abilities, such as spellstones, ritual summons, and the valuable "Eye of Kilrogg"

Afflication Warlock - Affliction Warlocks are the "kings" of DoTs, holding the ability to do extreme damage over time. Teamed with their ability to "Drain Souls" and acquire Soul Shards which are the basis of many high end spells, Affliction Warlocks have some definate uses.
    Last edited by Tamaroth; 12-11-2007 at 01:39 PM.

Tamaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warrior

When finally hitting 60, there are really only 2 ways your Warrior can go, all out Tank (protection), or DPS (Fury). While leveling to 60 however, Arms and it is a good idea, since it provides a healthy balance between the 2. Here are some of the main ways to play a Warrior.

# Tank - A tank Warrior is built to absorb punishment! They are there to soak up the agro and damage from all the mobs that come inbound at the group. With good armor, defense bonuses, and a shield you are off to a good start. Next we add defensive talents, stamina bonuses, and a good one-handed weapon. This allows you to stand up to mobs higher than your level, gain total agro and take the hits while your party kills them. In major instances like Molten Core or Zul Gurrub, usually groups and guild like to have 2 or 3 Main Tanks, who receive and use the best defensive gear offered, the better they are equipped, the longer your group will stay alive. This is a huge leadership role, and isn't one for those who cant handle coordinating multiple people. I see this as the best role for smaller instances (5-10 man), but if you are in a guild or group in MC that already has their Main Tanks, your focus should be more on damage support.
    # DPS - A good warrior, well equipped and Fury or Mortal Strike specced, can easily out damage a Rogue. With the ability to attack several mobs around you at the same time, and many instant hitting attacks (especially with a heavy 2 handed weapon), DPS Warriors are rightly feared, especially since they have huge health, and are dresses in plate. Most Warriors for end game content will have to spec this way, to be damage support to the Main Tanks, and to best help the raid.
    # Solo - You can also develop your Warrior to solo fairly well. To do this, gear your Warrior to your own playing style. The best way to develop a solo Warrior should be to not have any obvious weakness, be both good in damage dealing, and damage taking. When in 5 man instances, it is key that your in defensive stance with a shield, however, when grinding, dual wielding or 2 handing in battle or berserk stance will get you the best results. It really makes a difference for a warrior while soloing to have flexibility, as well as a wide range of weapons and armor.
    # PVP - Warriors make excellent PvP characters. Huge armor, health, damage output, ability to intercept and charge, execute, Warriors are almost as hated as Shamans and Rogues in PVP. They have the ability to throw themselves at 4 or 5 enemies and take them all on while waiting for support, or sometimes triumphing over all. It is very easy and fun to play as a warrior in PVP Battlegrounds, though in un-organized PVP, they are left in the dust due to the lack of range attacks.

Primary early Warrior technique - My primary early level technique with the Warrior depends really on what the fight is against in combination with what you have chosen to specialize in. Early level characters should really try and avoid fury and berserker stance, since this is primarily meant, and most of the abilities obtained in the higher levels, and at this stage, you cannot afford the extra damage you take. Players will often opt for the more reliable defensive or battle stance/ trees and will solo to 60 trying to better them self at their job. Though, in my honest opinion, battle stance with a good 2 handed weapon, or dual wielding is the best and fastest way to take down mobs, compared to the slow but safe grind of attacking with a 1 hander and a shield. Make sure you have your battle and demoralizing shouts up for the best combat results, and if it is a higher level than you, sunder armor stacks work wonders. You have spell stoppers in pummel or shield bash, which can really help in fights against casters, remember, make sure to do it when you see their hands glow. Rend is great for long drawn out fights and heroic strikes are very important for getting in that extra damage. Hamstring humanoid mobs that run and can bring friends along, and DONT FORGET TO TAKE FIRST AID! Though, if you are in a group in an instance, your main job is simple, tank.

Agro Management -

The art of holding agro, where to begin? By playing a Warrior, the biggest lesson to learn is how to keep mobs off your friends, and if you can't learn how to do that, practice until you can. Defensive stance is the best way to achieve complete agro, and in it, the best abilities which cause high threat. Taunt is key, but can be overcome by heavy damage output by your party, so it is important how to use your character in the time it takes for the cool down to come off. Sunder armor is your best friend. This ability cause huge threat and makes the mob more vulnerable to your party's damage. Consider it a second taunt button and remember it takes 15 rage for a sunder and it stacks 5 times. In instance, never stop stacking until it hits 5 for secure agro control. Other options you may ask? Revenge is a great high threat attack, as well as heroic strike, which add an extra bit of punch to your combat. You have an aoe effect taunt on a 10 minute timer, so be careful and use it sparingly, it is called challenging shout, and it can be the decider in a party wipe. Keep an eye on mobs, if they break from fighting other members and go after cloth, make sure you intervene and pick them up, get agro and pull them away. Your someone the group looks for leadership, so don't disappoint.

Rage Management -

Depending on your play style will decide how you use your rage. I have seen the best of the best in DPS and Tank breeds of Warriors fight, and will tell you straight up that there is no right or wrong way to use your rage. Cautious tanks save their rage and spend it as new threats or mobs appear, and some use it up the second it appears to make sure they have complete agro. DPS Warriors use it and gain it much faster than tanks, waiting and only using several abilities such as whirlwind and mortal strike. For some instance boss fights, when you see the target hit 40% health, you will save all your rage for the 100 rage execute at 20% health. Bloodrage and enrage will help you max out your rage in a fight, so try not to forget to use them when they finish off their cool down.

Mr Barbeque's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    copy n paste? btw, its aggro not agro.

Tamaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iv'e always used agro..

I Guess we both use two differnt spellings

And please dont say ive copied n pasted unless you can prove it..

dungee's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm m8, it is copy + pasted. You wrote about 15000 words in 11 mins, thats over 22 words a second, and thats not even counting the posting time... i see that as a prove...

Tamaroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye maybe so, but how do you not know i copied it from somthing of my own?

deathdealer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think it sucks. as im rogue. i dont get why i have to take lower lvls than me. u just have to be skilled!. -rep

gtdarkside's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by deathdealer View Post
    i think it sucks. as im rogue. i dont get why i have to take lower lvls than me. u just have to be skilled!. -rep
    might as well say +rep
    or just rep
    u cant give any anyways

man if u wrote this ur my hero for ur patience

Simey's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged