3/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TCG Pets/wow tokens

i was looking at some prices on TCG pets and what they sell for on servers last night and started to do some calculations to see if there was a way to earn some real money and this is what i came up with. be aware this is done on EU servers but can probably also be done on US servers.

if i have made some miscalculation please feel free to correct me

for this i used WoW TCG Loot: Cheapest to see what they sell for on ebay
    and the site also have the option to sent you the code via email so you dont have to wait for the snail mail to deliver it to you.

for this to work i simply looked at the cheapest ones which is following:

Grell Moss which gives you Gregarious Grell as pet and cost 6.95$ to be sent to your email.
    Gusting Grimoire which gives you Gusting Grimoire and cost 4.95$ to be sent to your email.
    Sand Scarab which gives you Sand Scarab and cost 7.95$ to be sent to your email
    Landro's Lil' XT which gives Landro's Lil' XT and cost 7.95$ to be sent to your email
    Eye of the Legion which gives you Eye of the Legion and cost 5.95$ to be sent to your email
    Purple Puffer which gives Purple Puffer and cost 6.95$ to be sent to your email

i then used The Undermine Journal to check for gold price on all servers just to see where the best price.

we all know that wow tokens go up and down in price and for this to be able to work we need to calculate some stuff.
    Gregarious Grell and Purple Puffer cost 6.95$ so therefor to be able to earn from it you need to sell it for at least 350k gold but that also require that the wow token is below 285k gold but the lower it is the more you earn.
    Sand Scarab and Landro's Lil' XT cost both you have to sell it for minimum 400k to be able to earn some from it and wow token have to be below than 285k gold.
    Eye of the Legion cost 5.95$ and you have to sell it for minimum 280k to be able to earn anything on it and wow token have to be 285k or below.
    Gusting Grimoire cost 4.95$ and is the cheapest one you can buy and it range from 125k gold on deepholm to 650k on Malfurion.

the meaning of this entire post is to buy the TCG pets and choose a server where the price is as high as possible but again dont do it on a server that is too low populated since then you wouldnt sell many of them.

the gold you get in from it you use to buy wow tokens and convert that to battle.net balance (each wow token gives 13 euro) and then you can use that to buy games, mounts, pets and ingame services.

the games you can sell to other people for real money.

an example here:
    we buy a Gusting Grimoire for 4.95$ and sell it on Malfurion for 600k gold. last i checked the wow token cost 283k gold so therefor we can buy 2 wow tokens for the 600k gold we got from selling the pet. the 2 wow tokens then convert to 26 euro on your battle.net balance.
    let us look at legion expansion which cost 45 euro. you therefor need to sell 2 more Gusting Grimoire to be able to buy another 2 wow tokens and add them to your battle.net balance so now you have 52 euro and can therefor buy the expansion and sell it. in this case we bought 4 Gusting Grimoire at 4.95$ each which is 19.80$ in total which is around 16.80 euro so if you sell legion expansion for 30 euro you have therefor earned 13.20 euro plus the 7 euro you have left on your battle.net balance.

this can be done with the other pets aswell but keep an eye on the price of wow token and find a server that you think you can get the most gold from.

hope you guys can use this 8-)

sorry in advantage for not being the perfect guide maker.

edit: i forgot to mention that you basicly also can buy pets on high populated servers and find a server where the price is alot higher and then earn more gold by learning the pet and cage it on a server where the price is higher than what you gave for it.

edit 2: with black friday coming november 24th and cyber monday november 27th i have been thinking if blizzard might do some great deals in their store. i know it isnt long ago that they had the offer on legion expansion but maybe we get surprised.
    Last edited by Brainmanager; 11-17-2017 at 08:47 AM.

TCG Pets/wow tokens
  2. Thanks warbarbie, Ginchy (2 members gave Thanks to Brainmanager for this useful post)
    mirdanek84's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    30/25
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good in theory. Doesn't really work in practice, I have been trying to sell my bunch of TCG and other "rare" pets for a while now on Outland, Frostmane, Ravencrest, Silvermoon and I managed to sell 1 pet in 2 weeks and I'm trying to sell for 50% bellow "your" prices (just barely undercutting other competition on AH)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Thanks jimmys96 (1 members gave Thanks to mirdanek84 for this useful post)
    badmdog's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TCG cards you are trying to buy on EBAY or wowtcg are cards from the US deck. These codes wont work on EU realms ( sadly =) )...

Brainmanager's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    3/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have bought several of these myself and havent had any problems with them at all.
    unless ofc they changed it within the latesy couple of patches.
    wowhead dosent say that the cards are region bound but do you have a source that says they are region bound? 8-)

just found this information on WoW TCG Loot: FAQ and it's just a copy/paste:

Loot cards from US (printed in English) or EU packs (European languages) will work in either region as long as you select your correct region and realm on the Promotions Redemption page. Korean, Chinese, and Japanese loot codes are exclusive to their own regions and therefore we make every effort to not publish listings from these regions.
    Last edited by Brainmanager; 12-08-2017 at 03:14 PM.

socrates2's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    9/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a guide.

This is a gamble on Pet Trading.

Enjoy waiting 3+ weeks for your pets to sell at 50% Market Value. This post should be flagged by mods so some beginners don't try this