Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips for renting out an account to gold farmers.

So far I've rented out two characters.
    First was a 62 mage to a2gold.

First time I did it was going ok, after I had given them the account details within the hour they had logged in and started farming. At the end of that day I logged into to wow.com to check if the password or details had been changed. Nope all info stayed as they had said. So I let them continue. Kept checking up on my character before i left for work and when i got home.

Into the third day I was grinding on my druid and noticed that the mage had gone off line and hadn't reappeared for a couples hours. These guys are online on the character 24/7 and only log off for a min to put items in the ah on a bank alt they create on the account.

So I try to login and got the message saying password was incorrect. Check my email and it said that my password had been reset. Tried to login with new password and get the message saying that I was banned. Got on the phone to blizzard and spoke to one of their support guys. Told them that I had been busy with work for a few days and just tried to login a few minutes before and received the banned message. He informed me that the account had raised red flags due to being online for more than 72 hours.
    I start to play stupid and asked him how they got my password. Everything was sorted and the account was unbanned and had him reset my password once again with the excuse that if i was key logged they would have my new password because i tried to login.

So Round one,
    Before Renting : 62 Mage with nothing on the account
    After Renting : 66 Mage. Approx 750g a bank full of cloth. Bank alt on the account had mail which had been returned totaling just over 1500g.

Next account was a 63 priest.
    This time I used wowpl.com as everyone was ranting about them on these forums and how wowpl were paying good gold.

I couldn't risk this priest account getting banned thou due to the account not having anymore restores left and having a few warnings for exploits.

So this time I gave out the details to wowpl. Took them a good day before they had even started. But like a2gold farmers, always farming the same spot and online 24/7 (Probably the exact same group of people). But this time, as the farming had approached approx 50 hours straight I logged in on an alt (separate account) did some ah farming and kept an eye on the location of the priest. I had also changed the password to the account via password reset(So it looks like account was keylogged). The second he had hearthed to shat I logged in.

Stayed off the account for a few days and no warnings to date.

So Round two,
    Before Renting : 63 Priest with nothing on the account
    After Renting : 66 Priest. Just over 600g, bag full of vendor trash and 16 primals scattered in bank, bags and auction house.

My Advice

Renting your account for a few days is worth it, just don't get greedy as they will be farming 24/7.

Make sure you keep nothing valuable on the account, trade it to a spare account or to a friends account a few days before you plan on renting it out.

Make sure your not in a guild and have little to no friends on the server.

Keep your quest log packed with quests in terrokar(level 62-65) or nagrand(level 65-70) as these are their usual farming spots.

If you are getting them to level your toon, make sure it is fully rested that way you get max amount of levels during the time they are farming.

Never let them farm on your character for more than 60 hours straight!

Before you give them your account change the password.

And before you take your account back use the password recovery tool to make it seem like they hacked your account.

Good luck and happy renting !
    Last edited by jtz; 11-22-2007 at 08:22 AM.

Tips for renting out an account to gold farmers.
    stormcrowsix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tips for renting out an account to gold farmers.

About the renting:
    * Are you talking EU or US here? If you were talking about US, are there similar EUcompanys
    * would they be interested in a 60 lock, or do they just take higher lvls?
    * Both accounts I have are on the same person / email registred, I suppose it would be wise changing that first?
    * Is the retrieve password the only precaution you should take? Wouldn't it be wise to enable parental controll so they are forced to log out for one hour (for example between 3 and 4 in the morning?)

ABout the warning you got.
    You said it was because you raised red flag for being on more then 72 hours. So lets say that Blizzard will always flag accounts on longer then 72 hours, what do you think about this...

With Fishbot, I fish from 7 in the morning till 6 in the evening, go on another toon on that account then, play till 1 at night, i relog to my fishtoon again and fish till the morning, and before I go to work at 7, i put him on another fishingszpot.
    Technically, I am on 24/7 for 1 week and a half now, but I always log out for about 10-30 mins in the morning as I wake up. Could this be the reason why I am not getting flagged? Or just dumb-ass lucky?

Srry for all the questions, but I had fun reading your post and it made me think about the things I just asked you...

Tnx in advance

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice scheme. might try

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

whitemn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smarter company's will only go on ur toon at most 20hrs, this is to prevent the red flag, maybe they go to differ account which probably happens. long ago i had a toon lvled and i was glad they logged off now and then, to hide from blizzard.

Kappa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to try that, maybe save up for my epic flying mount

jtz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by stormcrowsix View Post
    About the renting:
    * Are you talking EU or US here? If you were talking about US, are there similar EUcompanys
    * would they be interested in a 60 lock, or do they just take higher lvls?
    * Both accounts I have are on the same person / email registred, I suppose it would be wise changing that first?
    * Is the retrieve password the only precaution you should take? Wouldn't it be wise to enable parental controll so they are forced to log out for one hour (for example between 3 and 4 in the morning?)

ABout the warning you got.
    You said it was because you raised red flag for being on more then 72 hours. So lets say that Blizzard will always flag accounts on longer then 72 hours, what do you think about this...

With Fishbot, I fish from 7 in the morning till 6 in the evening, go on another toon on that account then, play till 1 at night, i relog to my fishtoon again and fish till the morning, and before I go to work at 7, i put him on another fishingszpot.
    Technically, I am on 24/7 for 1 week and a half now, but I always log out for about 10-30 mins in the morning as I wake up. Could this be the reason why I am not getting flagged? Or just dumb-ass lucky?

Srry for all the questions, but I had fun reading your post and it made me think about the things I just asked you...

Tnx in advance
    I've only dealt with US companys so far. They'll take any level 60+ as far as I know.

Don't quote me but I'm sure they also do EU but will only take level 70's.

I don't work for blizzard so can only go by what I was told when on the phone to their support guys. But I can take a stab in the dark, If your account raises a red flag and they check ip, if the ip isn't Chinese then they will most probably leave the account till next red flag is raised, or they may check to see if your botting.

The parental control is a good idea, but only downside to that is that the person farming on your account will wonder what just happened when he gets logged out and may just take the gold/item and not touch the account again. Haven't tried it yet but will try with my next account.

As for same details, I'm not sure how deep they choose to look into the matter. But obviously wouldn't be wise to rent out one account and be playing on your second account at the same time. Would lead them to wonder why you didn't notice that your account was "hacked".

I've botted a few characters, taken various precautions and used various bots. As far as I can tell with botting. It's just too random to figure out how they go about it. But for rented characters, it's always the same locations for extended periods of time.

Hope I've answered all your questions.
    Last edited by jtz; 11-22-2007 at 09:09 PM.

stormcrowsix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, a2gold is lvling my toon as we speak.
    They are always reachable through Msn, wich I like a lot.
    If sundaynight they are still on that account, I will message them on msn that I need the account for one hour, starting from 20:00 till 21:00 for example, and I will let them know at 18:00.
    That way they have the time to send gold/items, and be sure that I am not going to steal that stuff...
    Then I will change pass, and log off my toon between 20:00 and 21:00 and hope that this way I won't get flagged.

I really hope that this works, but anyway, tnx a lot for answering my questions and the good idea!

urpo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rented my account to woworder,i checked what they doing from another account. They was diremaul whit my hunter so i think they was using cheats/exploit there so i recovered my account. Any suggestions what site i try next?

joeeb22's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am going to try this right now going to let them use my rogue and ask for them to lvl me a orc warrior to 70 and lvl his bs and mining to 375 wish me luck ill update when i get more details.

Mr Barbeque's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is awsome, i added a link to ur post post in my Chinese Account Renters post, hope thats ok, otherwise just PM me and ill delete it.

oh and ya, +rep
    Last edited by Mr Barbeque; 12-04-2007 at 02:17 AM.

jtz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a prob. Will be updating soon.

thedarkestnights's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awsome tips thanks very much

jtz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished my fourth rent. Will update after next one.