0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Iwana guide

All credit goes to [member]stormcrowsix[/member], he wrote all this, i'm simply copying this, as noone is gonna look at [linkpage 13 on my iwana thread[/url]

I have been fishing on twink with it (0-150 friday during the night)
    Fishing on a lvl 70 alt (from 0-375 - still running while I am at work, went 1-225 yesterday evening, and then 225-300 during the night, now hopefully 300-375 during the day)

The best thing to do imo is just stand in Wailing Caverns, to be more precise, go stand where Naralax the dramer is, since that is a good spot to fish since there are no mobs.

You can find naralex the sleeper by entering WC, running down till the road splits (left , right, down in the shallow water) and then just go right, follow the road over the bridge, right again, then left. There you will see a druid asleep on some sort of an altar.

The trick with this spot is: mind the torches!
    The torches toss a red glow upon your dobber, that's why the color of it always changes, and the bot has a hard time finding it.
    There are several places in the cave where naralex is where you can fish, but imo the best spot is when you enter Naralex' part of the instance, that you turn immediately left and fish there.

(taken map from worldofwar.net)

The piece i marked as red is the best since there are no torches there, and the water has an even blueish color(no different shadows or lights), wich makes it easier for the bot to find your dobber.

Just face the wall, step in the beginning of the water, scroll in your char, position the screen so that you have 4/5th of the screen with water and only the top 1/5th wall, and go for it.

When you start up a new profile, just let the program search for the color red of the red feather that is on top of you dobber.

Now, at this location I am lvling since skill 75 (cant remember if I attached lure or not, bring to be sure to avoid fishes escaping) and i already trained here till 300 (and going up atm)

With my setup, sometimes he catches a fish that he doesnt really loot, but I do not care, cause I went to bed having 64 slots open, and I woke up and bags where full, he catched over 1200 fishes, he got a nice green ring (the one ring) and from those 1.2k fishes there were 300+ deviate.

So, to all the people who still do not understand the program, I will try to explain one more time (I spended almost 3 hours learning how to set up the program on different surfaces, so just hang in there and you will make it)

1. - Download this awesome fishbot from the zipfile that is in the bottom of the first post, the real link doesnt work
    2. - Start WoW
    3. - Start fishbot

4. - Close fishbot - if you look into the Iwana folder a new file will be created, here you should schange randomtitle form 0 to 1 on a live server

5. - Open fishbot again
    6. - In WoW change in videosettings the screen to windowed mode (maximized i did not enable)

7. - Put the fishingskill (icon) on your first slot of your first bar
    8. - Go stand near a water, try to take water that has an even color, no shadows or anything in it... The water in the canals in Stormwind is superb to learn

9. - Scroll into your character, so that you see "through his eyes" (yeah, they like to call it 1st person, I know :P )

10. - go to fisbot and put your cursor in profile and type for example Stormwind setup (you will need to make a lot of profiles to get everything working. DOn't care about names, just be sure to write down what are the good profiles for you to use, and afterwards you can alter the names or delete profiles in the .txt file that is created in the Iwana folder)
    11. - click start - the fishbot will tell you that such a profile does not exist, if you want to create one, and on confirm you will need to retype the name. Fishbot will bring WoW to foreground again, cast the fishspell and take a screenshot

12. when you see the screenshot a message will come that you need to select a color. Click ok -your cursor changes into a cross- and click on the dobber. As the message said, take a well seen color, the red feather in blue water, the blue feather in pinkish water, whatever.

Below I have made some marks on a screenshot to explain a bit better.
    First choose the color you are gonna go with, red or blue. As you see by the 2 squares in the water, red is better contrast with the water then the blue.
    So, when you go for the red feather, select in the screenshot that Iwana fishbot gives you in the top of the red feather (of top of the blue if that is the case). Why the top? It has a brighter color there!
    Don't select the part of the feather i marked with stripes, the colors go dark there and give some confusion for the bot.
    Never select the dobber itself cause most of the time it will not work.

Sometimes it can happen when you fish in Moonglade for example, that the water is really bright, and the greenish light in moonglade gives you dobber a dark color, and a bad to see difference between the red and blue.
    the trick in such cases is: make your screen 5/5 water instead of 4/5 water, so you only see the bright water, and click the darkest part of the feathers, closest to the dobber. The bot will then search for the darkblue/black color instead of the red or blue, and will still find it.

13. When you succesfully targetted the right color, the fishbot will pop up again, and you can click start... and sit back...

Remarks:
    *The creater of this superb program (I wanna have your babies pl0x) saud that it is best to change your videosettings (lower), but I found out that (at least for me) this is not required.
    All settings are at max and fishing is working fine.

* If the bot immediately click the dobber immediately after cast / the bot finds it but doesnt click it / the bot doesnt find it / the bot finds it, clicks it too fast / slow you didn't pick the best color... Redefine profile is the only way to solve

* if the cursor "finds" another point, something in the water, a plant, a wall or another object, you need to adjust your view, so you see more water in the screen then 3-4/5, or redefine the color

* If the bot finds the dobber, clicks it (so you see the lootscreen come up) but he doesnt loot the fish, deselect auto loot

And then finally, a few tips, common sense, but still usefull;

I have seen that some people ask for a lootfilter or something similar, but you can do it more easily...
    Lets say that you go afk botfisch in the Wailing Caverns for Deiate Fish
    - Go (bot)fish till you have 2-3 stacks of deviate
    - Unravel the stacks and put 1 deviate in every slot
    *done*
    The fishbot will fish, try to loot every fish he catches, and since there is no more bagspace he will leave the fish in the water and just continue fishing, thus ending up (after a loooong time) with only deviate fishies in your bags!
    Faster and easier then any addon

If you want to "see" the loot, the skillup, whispers, ... you need your interface... But it is adviced with any fishbot that you disable it to avoid confusion from the bot.
    For me, it depends where I am fishing, but the bot does not go to my interface/buttons/whatever when they are open while he is fishing, I have no problem with it, but thats your own choice.
    You can just bring up your interface by doing alt-z while he is fishing...

And last but not least...The noise the program makes really got me crazy while reading book/being on vent while autofish. I tried to replace it with another sound, but fishbot didn't want to play the new sound, and it just went on without any sound... Win=win situation

Sorry for my grammar mistakes, srry to repost the "how to" but since a lot of peeps still have probs I wanted to give a more step by step guide, once again. I realize that a lot of the "answers" and "tips" I gave are already up somewhere in this topic (not all!) but I think it would just be nice for someone who just starts with this program that he can see everything in one piece.
    If you still have something you do not get, please say so and I will try to answer too.

Now, a few things that bother me / questions I have:

* I have heard that the textures of water in Outlands give problems. Anyone has experience with that?
    * I heard that fishing without lures gives problems in outlands (fish got away or just not high enough). Are there addons that can apply the lure automatically without interfering with the bot, so that you have a full afk fishing bot WITH lures? Tried some addons but didn't get it working)
    * This question is also asked in an earlier reply, but is there a good addon that lets you replay to a whisper in a natureal way (after setting up or something?)

[Guide] Iwana guide
    iccy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Guide] Iwana guide

Well Done +Rep for posting it, It will definately help me
    Last edited by iccy; 11-18-2007 at 11:05 PM.

shadowbladex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it quite funny that you tagged this post [Guide] then you post it under programs altho there is a "Guides" section..

stormcrowsix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe was gonna do it myself later today, didn`t had the time in the weekend...
    Tnx Ziao for reposting and to all the others, hope it can help you a bit.

Another "tip"i found out: if you have setup the program, It brings your cursor to your bobber but doesnt click it, go to video settings, click "default" and then go to windowed mode again.
    Some complete UI`s tend to alter some videosettings wich can make problems for Iwana

Rohi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you allready madethe bot so I think it should be on guide section . Nice guide tho +rep for it

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to be an arse here, but I kinda don't understand why someone that does a copy of a guide gets rep, and the author doesn't... Asking for rep is bad, I know, just feel a bit unappreciated...

nicodk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot for the guide i really could use it. +Rep

illogic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does the bot work for 2.3?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it does, read the last page of the IWANA bot topic...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Ziao and all others.
    I reworked my guide a bit, since I wasn't completely happy with the way I wrote it (wrote iit as a long post and not a real guide).
    Since I felt like it could be better, I rewrote it in a better way, with more info, and you can find it in the guide section.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...tml#post421822

tnx anyway ziao for already posting this one, I just think it needed some more info.

Eski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+rep for a awesome guide.

Good job!