Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chromie Scenario 8/8 Tips

Op from Reddit

So after many attempts, I finally completed the scenario with only the first 2 Chromie talents active as a mage, so I figured I'd share some tips for those who want to try to finish sooner rather than later.

After writing this up, there shouldn't be any spoilers for those who are doing the scenario for the first few times.

Shrines:

Order: Emerald->Blue->Ruby->Obsidian (fly up and kill yourself at Obsidian to return to entrance).

Use the Sands of Time as soon as you get them. If you get a Shrine clear before Ruby and no Portal clears, just reset. If you get one at Ruby or later, save til you finish the Obsidian Shrine and you get a random buff instead.

Kill the rare Magnataurs outside each shrine before you kill the closest boss. Also, one circles around the temple.

Check each shrine for a Time Chest, only 1 spawns in each shrine per run:

Emerald has 2: (63.71,73.53 in the water) and (65.77,73.34).

Blue has 2: (56.54,68.72) and (54.42, 65.03 on the platform).

Ruby has 2: (48.76, 49.44) and (45.11,47.42).

Obsidian has 4: group of 3 at (66.01, 26.43) and 1 at (33.31,36.41 inside, which is not worth getting).

Portals:

Order: Hyjal->Well of Eternity->Andorhal->Strat

Culling of Stratholme and the Battle of Andorhal take the longest and should be skipped if possible (must be skipped if you want to do it with current buffs).

Otherwise, there are time chests in at least one of two locations in each zone:

Culling has 2: (61.05,28.49 ground floor) and (44.16,43.77).

Andorhal has 2: (39.57, 68.15) and (47.47, 68.2.

Mount Hyjal has 2: (33.85, 98.27) and (36.6,96.1

Well of Eternity has 2: (26.62,37.23 second zone) and one along the water to the right in the first zone (70, 67).

One final note for the Well of Eternity specifically, you can stick to the right after running in, you can avoid almost all adds except the first doomguard. Assuming you mount up right after and continue moving, you should be able to avoid the abyssals. If you're going to aggro something, aggro a doomguard because they do the least damage and have the lowest amount of health.

Overall: If you just get a lot of time increases and damage reductions, you're not going to finish on time.

You're best ones are Portal clears and damage increases.

If you're lucky, you'll get 2 sands from each rare, 1 sand from each boss, and 2-3 sands from each time chest (with an average of 3-4 per run).

For myself: I received the Portal clears for Strat and Andorhal, had 4 damage increases, 1 damage reduction, 300 seconds stolen (didn't use any).

So if you have useful tips you can post it here.

Greetings.
    Last edited by Kaizuken; 06-16-2017 at 06:32 PM.

2. Thanks Alecthro, Hazzo, Nyarly (3 members gave Thanks to Kaizuken for this useful post)
    Alecthro's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    2/13
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Thank you! I just came back to 7.2.5 and got the 2nd tier of chromie talents. What spec were you? Frost? Also, where are the Magnataurs? Ive just been running and killing the bosses and moving to the next portal.

Kaizuken's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    60/293
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Alecthro View Post
    Awesome! Thank you! I just came back to 7.2.5 and got the 2nd tier of chromie talents. What spec were you? Frost? Also, where are the Magnataurs? Ive just been running and killing the bosses and moving to the next portal.

Frost Spec and 4 Magnataurus are around the Wyrmrest Temple.

dawawe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side note: If youre trying for the pets i learned lastnight that the chests respawn after 5ish minutes and once you get 8/8 there is no more timer. I stayed in the same run for 2 hours farming pets.

HUSKY BOOST's Avatar Banned 100% trusted CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/29
    Trade Feedback
    344 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much, very useful for me to come back to game

Hazzo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you so much man! :-)

Annaisha's Avatar ★ Elder ★ ★★★★★

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    739/685
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole Chromie stuff sounds so complicated for something that is not really rewarding. No achievements tied to it for completing the scenario, and the transmog set is just a recolled WotLK recolored ugly set :/

Thanks for the tips, maybe I'll find myself doing it some day when I'm terribly bored. Other than that I'm failing to see the reward for i. Reputation you can grind without completing it, and the only reward for completing it is a transmog set? Correct me if I'm wrong.

miledrone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

easy guide

Originally Posted by Kaizuken View Post

Op from Reddit

So after many attempts, I finally completed the scenario with only the first 2 Chromie talents active as a mage, so I figured I'd share some tips for those who want to try to finish sooner rather than later.

After writing this up, there shouldn't be any spoilers for those who are doing the scenario for the first few times.

Shrines:

Order: Emerald->Blue->Ruby->Obsidian (fly up and kill yourself at Obsidian to return to entrance).

Use the Sands of Time as soon as you get them. If you get a Shrine clear before Ruby and no Portal clears, just reset. If you get one at Ruby or later, save til you finish the Obsidian Shrine and you get a random buff instead.

Kill the rare Magnataurs outside each shrine before you kill the closest boss. Also, one circles around the temple.

Check each shrine for a Time Chest, only 1 spawns in each shrine per run:

Emerald has 2: (63.71,73.53 in the water) and (65.77,73.34).

Blue has 2: (56.54,68.72) and (54.42, 65.03 on the platform).

Ruby has 2: (48.76, 49.44) and (45.11,47.42).

Obsidian has 4: group of 3 at (66.01, 26.43) and 1 at (33.31,36.41 inside, which is not worth getting).

Portals:

Order: Hyjal->Well of Eternity->Andorhal->Strat

Culling of Stratholme and the Battle of Andorhal take the longest and should be skipped if possible (must be skipped if you want to do it with current buffs).

Otherwise, there are time chests in at least one of two locations in each zone:

Culling has 2: (61.05,28.49 ground floor) and (44.16,43.77).

Andorhal has 2: (39.57, 68.15) and (47.47, 68.2.

Mount Hyjal has 2: (33.85, 98.27) and (36.6,96.1

Well of Eternity has 2: (26.62,37.23 second zone) and one along the water to the right in the first zone (70, 67).

One final note for the Well of Eternity specifically, you can stick to the right after running in, you can avoid almost all adds except the first doomguard. Assuming you mount up right after and continue moving, you should be able to avoid the abyssals. If you're going to aggro something, aggro a doomguard because they do the least damage and have the lowest amount of health.

Overall: If you just get a lot of time increases and damage reductions, you're not going to finish on time.

You're best ones are Portal clears and damage increases.

If you're lucky, you'll get 2 sands from each rare, 1 sand from each boss, and 2-3 sands from each time chest (with an average of 3-4 per run).

For myself: I received the Portal clears for Strat and Andorhal, had 4 damage increases, 1 damage reduction, 300 seconds stolen (didn't use any).

So if you have useful tips you can post it here.

Greetings.

here try this easy guide
    How to Beat The Deaths of Chromie Scenario EASY MODE (World of Warcraft) - YouTube