Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flipping items on AH for Millions

Foreword-
    This is my first gold guide. I regret not making it much sooner, hopefully some will still find it of some use. This method of flipping I have made approx 18-20mil across 4 servers since the launch of Legion. (I do this semi casually) One of the servers I started on I had 0 gold and signed a few charters and sold a couple pets and ended up with 3-4k that I invested which turned into making over 2mil casually.

Requirements-
    An auction addon such as Auctionator

Guide
    What we will be doing is flipping items on the AH that can net you anywhere from 50%-200% plus profit. Every server is different and I will advise what works better for smaller/larger servers.
    The items that we will be flipping are the level req 101 items that start at 835 ilvl. These make excellent semi twink items while leveling, and even still a ilvl boost for fresh 110's.
    (I am only familiar with Auctionator so this input may not work for another auction addon.) Open up auction house and click the "Buy" tab. In the search bar type/paste in ;Armor;101;101;835;0 This will search all lv 101 items that are at least 835ilvl. Start by scrolling down to the bottom and seeing if any items have been noticeable posted for less than the going rate. Example. 3 available Serrine's Maleficent Habits available 2 are marked around 35k and another is 15k you will want to buy the one for 15k and undercut the 35k one (pay attention if your item or the item you are undercutting has a socket as this increases the value of the item. Say the item you purchased for 15k has a socket and the other two for 35k do not, then it is okay to post it for 36-37k. (this helps with building a better market for competitors and reducing the amount that items are undercut by)

On larger servers ilvl 835 pieces are much more common and your profit margin on flipping ilvl 835 pieces will be minimal(it is still worth it to check as people will post them for ridiculously cheap) If this is your case then change your search to ;Armor;101;101;850;0 ilvl 850+ items hold their value a bit more as they are rarer. Note that this will require more gold to invest and you may need to start with ilvl 835 pieces first. Same method though, scan through items that may be posted for much less than the going rate and flip them.

For those on smaller servers it can be easy to control the market on these items. Such as you only sell rings/necks/cloak at 60k+ anything marked 25% less you buyout. You may think its crazy to mark items so high, but I promise you they will sell if that is the buyers only option. (Having a controlling hand on my lower pop servers market is what made me nearly 10mil this expac)

Bonus
    If you want more ways of making gold and have the gold to invest you can search ;Armor;110;110;900;0 this will search the new boe epics at 900+ ilvl (This is not as consistant as the lv101 items but profit margins can be very high.)

Final Note
    The more you familiarize yourself with what sells for what the better you will get. Just by browsing your search every now and then will help with this. All mail items sell for the least, while leather items sell for the most. Rings/Neck are higher in demand as everyone can use them. Next is the trinkets. Finally there is only one cloak and everyone wants it so marking an 835ilvl cloak for 125k if feasible and the person selling the cloak may think its just any other ilvl 835 piece and sell it for 25k.

I hope this guide helps you and sorry for the wall of text. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me or post on thread.
    Last edited by Honor777; 02-26-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Flipping items on AH for Millions
  2. Thanks Ashoran, mistadabolina, Falkeid, seawarrior13, Drueshae (5 members gave Thanks to Honor777 for this useful post)
    Ashoran's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    416/187
    Trade Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a simple turtle, I see goldmaking thread I give thanks.

4. Thanks AccountShark (1 members gave Thanks to Ashoran for this useful post)
    mistadabolina's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like your post, thanks!

Overmind98's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, for example, my realm looks like this
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

(and more results)

You are saying, that i should buy that for 11k, then resale it for 20k ?

Honor777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/26
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Overmind98 View Post
    So, for example, my realm looks like this
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

(and more results)

You are saying, that i should buy that for 11k, then resale it for 20k ?
    The only thing I see listed at 11k is the plate helm which is pretty cheap for plate helm, but not sure what the other is listed at. Seeing that there is only one other helm though thats deff a good investment to buy the helm at 11k and then undercutting the other helm thats posted (the other helm thats posted is hopefully 20k+

Also the Boughs of archdruid thats listed for 12k is a good investment as all leather is in higher demand and wouldnt be surprised if you could resell those for at least 40k. (if there are no other that are higher ilvl sell them for 70-80k)
    Also the 845 mail belt for 12k and marfisis giant censor for 15k are both good items to flip.
    It looks like your on a really good server that has untapped potential to flip these items tbh.