Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3600-60,000 g/h Fishing Black Barracuda!

First of all let me explain why the spread on the profit is so large: it depends highly on the price of the Black Barracuda's on your server and your catching speed.
    On my server, Black Barracuda currently goes for ~60g each, but I have seen it drop as low as 20 and go up as high as 100.
    The reason that this fish is so expensive is that it is used in the creation of the +300 mastery food, one of the most commonly used raid foods.
    This 300 mastery food is in turn used in the creation of 375 mastery food, which is highly coveted by the many guilds that try to progress in mythic EN atm.

Without having the properly upgraded fishing legendary (will explain later) and some bad luck, you catch 3 fish per minute (avg is around 4) which translates into
    3x20x60=3600g/hr
    However if you have a properly optimized fishing legendary, you catch around ~10 per minute and with the top price that translates into:
    10x100x60=60,000g/hr

Both these sums are outside of other revenue streams that I will list below

So now on to the process itself: it is very simple.
    1. Go to the shore marked in red in suramar on this screenshot:https://i.imgur.com/ys21hiN.jpg while making sure to stand on the suramar beach.
    2. Fish all the schools that are there, making sure to only stay on or around the beach, there are usually 4-5 schools.
    3. Realmhop using Cross Realm Assists ''Quick Join'' feature (Cross Realm Assist - Achievements - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse)

Repeat steps 2-3 for as long as you want, if you are having difficulties getting to new realms after a while just relog or use the addons options to clear the realm history. After every time you go to another realm the fishing pools should be back up in your own realm.

But wait, theres more!

Besides the black Barracuda you can also catch rare fish:
    Decayed Whale Blubber, Message in a Bottle (which leads to axefish bait) and Stunned Angry Shark
    The Shark gives you ~80g from vendor drops once you kill him
    The Blubber/Message give somewhere between 200-4000g each on the AH, dependant on your server
    Unfortunately, outside of the shark (which you use instantly anyways), both the other rare fish are Unique, meaning you can only have a single one in your bags at a time and which also means you can't catch any while you have one on you (but you can if you have others on the AH/in your mailbox).

On my server these only go for ~2000g each, however it is annoying to have to run back to the mailbox every time you get one. I think the nearest mailbox is in Shal'Anar (Nightfallen main place) though that one might be unlocked through questslines.
    Alternatively, engineers can use their personal mailboxes

Besides those rare fish, you also get boots which vendor for 4g and give about another 100g/hr.

However the best part is yet to come:
    If you have your fishing artifact, you can get a talent called ''Black Barracuda Angling;; which gives you a pretty big chance to have the fishing pool explode when you fish in it, instantly putting all the fish (and rare fish) that were in the pool into a lootable box, meaning you spend very little time per pool. Every independant cast (as long as you caught a fish before that) has a chance to trigger this. I am currently rank 3 and only about 1/10 of the pools doesn't explode. This is also currently bugged (I think) so even if you already caught 2/3 fishes in a pool before it explodes, the explosion box still gives you fish as if the pool was 100% intact.

Besides that, there is another talent in the artifact tree that allows you to catch the Blood of Sargeras, however due to the aforemention bug you only get ~5/hr
    Besides that, there is a talent that gives you a chance to get green i780 boots, which can be sold for 50g each to enchanters (I don't have the talent so can't judge the rate).

The best part is that you don't need any fishing level to do this (though you do need level 800 to optimalize with the exploding boxes)

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask
    Last edited by soto; 10-03-2016 at 07:22 AM.

3600-60,000 g/h Fishing Black Barracuda!
  2. Thanks SniKe, bokys, Yavanna (3 members gave Thanks to soto for this useful post)
    Tymerias's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for the Guide, but on my server the Fish is 16G so its not worth

SniKe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing the spot. I've been able to catch 527 in one hour, currently 30g per fish.
    I don't think the trait is bugged, every second or third pool explodes for me after 1-2 tries.

soto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniKe View Post
    Thanks for sharing the spot. I've been able to catch 527 in one hour, currently 30g per fish.
    I don't think the trait is bugged, every second or third pool explodes for me after 1-2 tries.
    Yea, that's not the bug.
    The bug is that it basically gives a full pool worth of fish even if you already fished 2-3 fishes out of the pool, I doubt that is intended

bokys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 g on my realm, thanks