Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legion Leatherworking and Tailoring Shuffle (with spreadsheet)

Hey guys, I've made a significant amount of gold so far this expansion using the tailoring and leatherworking professions and decided to share it with you all. The idea originally started being exclusively an Obliterum method but overtime the price on Obliterum dropped rapidly, and I found the Chaos Crystal methods.

NOTE: this is extremely server dependent but is still working well on the server I play on (one of the most populated US servers).

To use the spreadsheet follow these steps:

1. Open using link and create a copy. (Spreadsheet: Legion LW & Tailoring Shuffle - Google Sheets)
    2. Enter server prices
    3. Evaluate which of the four methods (Obliterum, Obliterum dench epics, dench all sell shards, or dench all ley shatter) is most worthwhile on your server (NOTE: diversification is beneficial to push more goods).
    4. Craft goods and utilize method.
    5. Sell materials

I have a few optimizations as well to make the process easier and are as follows:

Using the Obliteration forge optimally

We will be using the macro from Automating the Obliterum Forge with Razer synapse

/run for b=0,NUM_BAG_SLOTS do for s= 1, 32, 1 do local name = GetContainerItemLink(b,s); if name and string.find(name,"Silkweave Pantaloons") then PickupContainerItem(b,s) UseContainerItem(b,s) end end end

The problem with this is that frequently the loot window gets stuck open and wastes a cast (pay attention to your inventory while obliterating to see this). The easiest way I found to bypass this problem is to press escape and reopen the forge. So the entire process goes as follows:

1. Open forge window
    2. Press macro
    3. Click obliterate
    4. Press Escape
    5. Repeat

This will force the loot window to close without needing to move the mouse. This could also be included in the macro method if you want to go that route. This significantly increases the speed that you obliterate and subsequently make gold. (I also believe that it is faster than pressing a close loot window macro)

Buying stacks quickly on the AH

On very high population servers, such as the one I play on, it takes forever to scan the auction house to purchase. This method uses the Blizzard AH interface to speed up purchases.

1. Add this macro:

/run local f,p=GetMouseFocus() p=f:GetParent() f=f.buyoutPrice and f or p if f and f.buyoutPrice then f:Click() BrowseBuyoutButton:Click() end
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    Note: This macro is a mouseover one click buyout and will purchase anything that you have your cursor over on the AH.

2. Go to the AH and go Trade goods -> Applicable section -> Type in the name of the item you want to purchase in the search bar and press search.
    3. Press current bid multiple times until it sorts from highest to lowest.
    4. Press the next button until you find large stacks for the price range you're looking for and use the macro.
    5. To refresh the auctions simply press the search bar again.
    6. To start again at the beginning (if you went too far into the stacks of 5), delete one letter from the name of the item (I.E. Stonehide Leathe) to return to the beginning.

This will allow you to bypass the stacks of 1 that you don't really care about and get straight to the stacks of 200. The reason this works is because usually people use addons to post auctions and have a bid similar to the buyout. I found it generally worthwhile to search to search through the pages until you see stacks of ~20, assuming you have time to look.

TIP: You can browse the auction house while crafting!

Mailing items to your enchanter

This tip is pretty simple and utilizes the blizzard base UI.

1. Preferably empty your bags entirely
    2. Craft your full inventory of goods
    3. Use the "Clean up bags" function located on the first backpack in the top right corner.
    4. The epic crafted items should automatically be placed in your last bag.
    5. Click the epic crafted items and mail them to your enchanter.

If you're mailing all of the items to be disenchanted you can simply CTRL+Left Click to instantly fill the mail with 12 of whatever item you click.

Disenchanting macro

Use the macro:
    /cast disenchant
    /use item:126991
    Where 126991 is replaced with the ID of the item you want to disenchant. To find the ID of different items, go to wowhead and item. In the URL there is an "item=126991" bit. Replace the number in the macro with the number you find for your chosen item from wowhead.

This will disenchant both the epic and rare qualities of the item.

TIP: Bind this to scroll wheel or a button you don't mind pressing thousands of times.

Buying and Selling using item links in macros

The guide for this is located at [How to] Link any Item in a Macro

Be sure to use these as it gives your posts in trade chat more visibility. I would also recommend using the phrase "stacks" in your purchasing spam to deter people selling you 27 cloth and making you travel half way across the world. Here is an example of my purchasing macro (it also uses the linked item):

/2 WTB ALL [Shal'dorei Silk] 10g each PST or COD!!

Notes & Tips

1. It is always important to consider the volatility of the market this early in the expansion. I would recommend not over investing and trying to keep inventory low as prices can change drastically very quickly.

2. It is not necessary to have the exact recipes as listed in the spreadsheet and certain patterns can be substituted if you're missing one but the substitute pattern must be 765 item level or higher to yield legion enchanting materials. For the purpose of using Obliterum only pants=helm=chest and gloves=boots=shoulders=belt. But when considering enchanting mats you can only use the following:

Tailoring: pants, boots, helm, gloves
    Leatherworking: bracers, gloves, boots, shoulders

3. It is advised to only use rank 3 recipes because they significantly reduce the cost of each craft but some servers probably are profitable even at rank 2. The spreadsheet supports all ranks.

4. If your server has an over abundance of leather and Obliterum prices are still high, it may be worthwhile to craft Dreadleather Bindings or Gloves, This allows you to move through a lot more leather and increase profit per a craft. You will notice that about half your time is spent at the Obliterum forge if you choose this method.

5. The chance of disenchanting an epic is not known (to my knowledge). Based on my experience its been between 10-15% and on the spreadsheet I've put in a moderately conservative estimate of 12% for the default settings. This percentage can be changed if you believe that it is higher or lower.

Observations of Market

Now these definitely aren't the only ways to make money on the current market. I believe that one of the most underused methods is alchemy transmutes. Alchemy is probably very profitable using transmutes such as Transmute: Skins to Ore or Transmute: Meat to Plants. Again each of these would be very server dependent. There are hidden markets on every server and its up to you to find them before the rest of the server does.

This concludes my guide, hope that it helps you make a few gold! Feel free to post any problems or questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by byoballoons; 09-10-2016 at 12:55 AM.

Legion Leatherworking and Tailoring Shuffle (with spreadsheet)
  2. Thanks Veritable, Hapiguy, Petardinjo, screwy, husec, Flauwy, zoubiey, choptop (8 members gave Thanks to byoballoons for this useful post)
    Hapiguy's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    42/15
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide for some of us that aren't as svelte at the in's and out's of crafting and AH manipulation!
    Thank you!!

screwy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is a mistake in notes at the end.

gloves=boots=shoulders=belt

belts and shoulders are not substitutes for gloves because when they proc epic they disenc into temporal crystal not chaos crystal which makes disenchant profits all wrong.

pants=helm=chest

Chest is also not a substitute for pants same reason.

Gloves = Boots
    Pants = Hood

would be the correct version at least for disenchant. For obliterum I'm not really certain about every single obliterate avg for pieces so I can't comment on that.

Other than that this is a great tool hope I can expand on it abit later on.

edit: a small addition to be more clear.
    Last edited by screwy; 09-09-2016 at 04:47 PM.

darkchaos89's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little confused about the formula for disenchanting epics.

Assuming Obliterum is 5k and Crystals are 800g and you're making Silkweave Pantaloons. Each pair of pants is 1/25 of an Obliterum or 200g, why would you have a negative profit with disenchanting the epics when Crystals are worth 600g more than obliting them?

byoballoons's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by screwy View Post
    I think there is a mistake in notes at the end.

gloves=boots=shoulders=belt

belts and shoulders are not substitutes for gloves because when they proc epic they disenc into temporal crystal not chaos crystal which makes disenchant profits all wrong.

pants=helm=chest

Chest is also not a substitute for pants same reason.

Gloves = Boots
    Pants = Hood

would be the correct version at least for disenchant. For obliterum I'm not really certain about every single obliterate avg for pieces so I can't comment on that.

Other than that this is a great tool hope I can expand on it abit later on.

edit: a small addition to be more clear.
    I knew about this but forgot to include it! Only the 765+ item level pieces turn into legion mats. Attempted to clarify in notes section.

Originally Posted by darkchaos89 View Post
    I'm a little confused about the formula for disenchanting epics.

Assuming Obliterum is 5k and Crystals are 800g and you're making Silkweave Pantaloons. Each pair of pants is 1/25 of an Obliterum or 200g, why would you have a negative profit with disenchanting the epics when Crystals are worth 600g more than obliting them?

There was a mistake in the spreadsheet for that column, should be fixed.

Mahizzta's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/18
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code:
    /script n, a= GetItemInfo('item:124437:0:0:0:0:0:0:0'); SendChatMessage("WTB "..a.." 10 gold each! COD me!","channel",nil,2);
    This macro actually links the item in the chat. Change the "124437" to a different item ID (found through wowhead) if you want to buy other things than silk. Text at the end can be changed as well, default channel is trade, but can be changed if you change the number "2" at the end of macro.

screwy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again,

Thanks for clearing that up. There is a point I don't seem to understand at 'Denc Epics, Obliterate Rares' let me try to explain.

I'm crafting pants.

Cost per craft is 160g
    Ash per 4
    Obli 6k
    Chaos Crystal 1k

Formulas show that obliterum profit per craft is 78.5 but Dench Epic Obliterate rares show per craft 28g

Lets check this out. Obli sells for 6k so obli ash=60g, whenever I craft pants it is worth 240g(assuming all 4 obli ash) when I proc a epic it should be 1k. So Every %12 I gain 1k instead of 240g which means my per craft profit should increase but in your formula the Dench Epic Obliterate rares show decreased profit per craft.

I also checked your formulas it might be related to you using profit and total cost in the same formula creating some discrepancy.

---- here's your formula = (1-EpicChance)*ProfitPerCraftObli+(EpicChance*ChaosCrystal)-CraftCost
    ---- here's what I think it is supposed to be = ((1-EpicChance)*(Obli/25)+EpicChance*ChaosCrystal)-CraftCost = TotalAvgSellPrice-CraftCost

Well tell me what you think about this and if you think I'm doing something wrong let me know.

Have a good day. And again thanks for great spreadsheet.

Mahizzta's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/18
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If 4 ash is worth 240g, that's 24% of 1k. While DE is only 12% of 1k. That means ON AVERAGE DE is 120g while ash is 240g

screwy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh this is weird. I downloaded your excel last night it had different formulas for Dench epics maybe you already realised and corrected it or maybe downloading it as excel made some changes on spreadsheet I don't know. Well your current formulas on your spreadsheet looks correct to me.

@Mahizzta
    What? Lets assume I crafting always blue pants I'm getting 240g value from every single craft. Right? Then I proc one epic. It means at that point I earned 1k instead of 240g which should be an increase in profit not decrease.

husec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    19/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a noob question here you have to input Battlebound Leggings stonehide cost right? It uses 9 leathers i think? If so even at 10g per leather it says - profit. Or do you leave it at 0 like it is?

byoballoons's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by screwy View Post
    Oh this is weird. I downloaded your excel last night it had different formulas for Dench epics maybe you already realised and corrected it or maybe downloading it as excel made some changes on spreadsheet I don't know. Well your current formulas on your spreadsheet looks correct to me.

@Mahizzta
    What? Lets assume I crafting always blue pants I'm getting 240g value from every single craft. Right? Then I proc one epic. It means at that point I earned 1k instead of 240g which should be an increase in profit not decrease.
    I made an update to the spreadsheet yesterday to fix the obliterum/dench rares column. You must have had the old one.

Originally Posted by husec View Post
    a noob question here you have to input Battlebound Leggings stonehide cost right? It uses 9 leathers i think? If so even at 10g per leather it says - profit. Or do you leave it at 0 like it is?
    You only need to input the cost of stonehide leather at the top of the spreadsheet and the rank of the recipe you have in the rank column. From there everything will be calculated on a per craft basis to optimize the amount of gold you can earn per hour.

13. Thanks husec (1 members gave Thanks to byoballoons for this useful post)
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by husec View Post
    leggings should be 16 stonehide per at rank 3, not 9. armbands are at 9. I get an average of 2 oblit per bracer, 4 per leg, meaning legs are the best to oblit for purely oblit reasons. But if you are going to DE epics then craft the bracers. You "lose" very little oblits vs leggings and get a ton of chaos crystals. On my realm these are only 800g, but I've been selling them in bulk to guilds for 600g and making a tidy profit

15. Thanks husec (1 members gave Thanks to phantom325 for this useful post)
    zoubiey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, made a few Gs with it. Gonna update it for the epic hotfix?