Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making gold with Mysterious Fortune Cards

Hello OC users!
    This is a guide on how to use Inscription to your advantage combined with cheap herb prices from this expansion and earlier expansion to create Mysterious fortune cards and potentially make big money!
    First off I wanna say: Yes, this is a repost x1000, BUT they always drown in other guides and there's always updates to this goldmaking!

REQUIREMENTS:
    Any toon with 600+ Inscription would easily be able to do this, however a bit of capital to start off with and patience.

There are a couple of steps to creating these cards:
    1. Mill herbs
    2. Create ink
    3. Convert ink
    4. Make MFC

A couple of tools that come in handy:

Process:
    First install all the addons. TSM_vendoring is used to convert mass amounts of ink and to buy mass amount of Light parchment from the vendor.
    TSM_destroying will be used together with this macro:
    Code:
    #show milling
    /click TSMDestroyButton
    You spam this macro to mill all the herbs with no trouble of stacks not having proper amounts (x5). To make sure you get every herb, you should use the "clean up bags" button. To make this process easier, we use "prospector" to spam a button ingame. I usually set it to "1" and "500" delay.

At this point you wanna start buying herbs. Follow the spreadsheet, create some Auctionator shopping lists with the herbs and input prices into the spreadsheet. I usually won't bother creating cards at below 2.5 gold per card, as it takes 3,5 seconds to create each card.
    NOTE: Draenor herbs all give 2.44 pigment per 5 herbs, while some Cataclysm herbs give 2.5 pigments per 5 herbs and others give 3 pigments per 5 herbs. This is of course averages.

Now that you have tons of pigments you will create warbinder's ink, if you use Draenor herbs and Blackfallow ink if you're using Cata herbs. Warbinder's ink will be converted to Blackfallow ink at your main city's Inscription trainer. This means, go to Orgrimmar/Stormwind and visit the Inscription trainer to get the correct inks, and buy an equal amount of light parchment at the same time. If you're having problems finding the trainer, visit your city's guard!
    NOTE: To buy a ton of inks/parchments at a time, go to the "Vendoring tab" at the vendor and SHIFT-click the Blackfallow inks and Parchments. Click the "MAX" button at the inks and manually type in how many inks you got at the Parchments.

With Blackfallow ink and Light parchment you can create Mysterious Fortune cards!

I suggest you put up some stacks of 1, 10, 20, 100, 200, cards. Most people are usually buying stacks with 1-20 in them, but some gamble too big and start buying stacks of 200, which is to your advantage!
    But these cards are not going to sell themselves. Which is why you wanna use this macro:
    Code:
    /script n, fc= GetItemInfo('item:60838:0:0:0:0:0:0:0'); na, fb= GetItemInfo('item:60844:0:0:0:0:0:0:0'); SendChatMessage("WTS "..fc.." 9,5g each @AH! Chance at getting 5000g vendor "..fb.."Last guy to get 5K: NAME ","channel",nil,2);
    You can change the text of the Macro so it fits who last got a 5k card (Usually people will whisper you telling you this) and what the current AH price of them are. Again, I use prospector for this at a delay of 1 minute (60.000)

May this make you as much gold as it is making me currently!

Reflection text:
    Prospector is used due to it ONLY clicking in world of warcraft, allowing you to do other work while milling/spamming all day long.
    TSM addons could be replaced, but the synergy is nice within both destroying and vendoring having same GUI.
    I suggest stocking up cards, but DO NOT stack too hard up on warbinder's ink / the pigment used to create them, as the convertion will most likely be changed in Legion.
    It may be worth noting that sometimes MFC will be low in price, and when this happens the Cerulean Pigment will actually sell for more straight on the AH, saving you time and earning you more money. To calculate simply check if 2 pigment are worth more than 1 MFC.
    When milling Cataclysm herbs you get Burning embers which may be turned into the special pigment. These can be sold on AH or used for some recipes. Probably not a huge profit, but it may yield some.
    Last edited by Mahizzta; 08-12-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Making gold with Mysterious Fortune Cards
    Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say this one thing, unless you are mass milling herbs, you are gonna be killing so much time. I wouldn't even bother with TSM prospector anymore, imo. Just use the cheaper WoD herbs and mass mill. Besides, unless you miraculously getting Cata herbs for less than 2g a piece, it's not worth it.

Secondly, I should put a special emphasis on advertising constantly. These cards do not sell themselves. No one thinks to buy these cards unless you are advertising. As such, you HAVE to advertise all day everyday you are online or have access to trade chat. Hell, even if I am out of cards to sell, I will look at the AH and macro a sale of other people's cards. I do this to ensure the price does not collapse. Other people typically do not advertise, and before you know it these cards are selling 5g a piece on the AH, not even making it worth your time.

So, I will give a suggestion OP did not mention. Use a barking addon. There is one that still works, even though it hasn't been updated, called "Guild Recruitment Helper" or something like that. You can find it on Curse.com. Setup your addon to spam your macro every 4-5 minutes. Now, you don't even have to think about it. It all does it automatically. I also have a trick where I will sell my bigger stacks at like 9.5g each card for 20 (about 190g a stack), or I will sell a stack of 10 for 109g 50silver a stack (10.95g per card). There are many people that buy my more expensive card for the smaller stack. I would say more people do.

Finally, you occasionally get people that talk about the Omens cards being better cause you can get the 6k card. This is semi true. However, probability wise, the 6k card has about a 1/4500 chance on a proc whilst the 5000g card from MFCs is about a 1/2000 chance. Of course, you could also sell the Omens cards using this same method as MFCs, I just found that market to be so constantly flooded all of the time I could never keep up on it, at least on a high pop server. Price was always crashed.

Here are some macros I wrote that will help the process a little, to help OP.

This one will auto-convert ALL of your WoD inks into the ones you need at the Org ink trader, though I am sure it will work just the same at the SW trader:

Code:
    /script local a=GetItemCount(113111,true);print("Trading " .. a .. " Warbinder's Ink")if a>0 then if a/200>0 then for i=1,a/200 do BuyMerchantItem(9,200);StaticPopup1Button1:Click();end;end;if a%200>0 then BuyMerchantItem(9,a%200);end;end
    Next, you need paper to make the cards to match the inks. Well, I wrote a macro that will buy the necessary amount of light parchment needed to match your inks. It will take into consideration how much paper you already have and only buy what you need.
    NOTE: This macro is customized for the Traveler's Tundra vendor, where paper is at position '5', but can easily modified for any vendor that sells paper, just input the correct position on the vendor.
    Code:
    /script local a=GetItemCount(61978,true)-GetItemCount(39354,true);print("Buying " .. a .. " Light Parchment");if a>0 then if a/200>0 then for i=1,a/200 do BuyMerchantItem(5,200);end;end;if a%200>0 then BuyMerchantItem(5,a%200);end;end