0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farming Volatile Fire in 6.2.4 +4000g/hour

Farming Volatile Fire in 6.2.4
    +4000g/hour

This is nothing new, special or gamebreaking just a little guide I felt like contributing.
    This is just commen sense after i found a nice supply<demand niche on my server.
    Tips/Tricks/EtcImprovements are encouraged

Overview

1. What should I do first?
    2. Where am I farming?
    3. Which mob am I farming?
    4. What does this mob drop?
    5. What about the respawn time?
    6. Hop Spots
    7. I don't see any Flame Terror? There are only Charbringer.
    8. The Math
    9. Final Words

What should I do first?

!!Very Important!!
    First off, check your Auction House to see how the supply/demand on your server is for Volatile Fire
    If your Auction House is flooded with Volatile Fire or selling at low prices like around 4g-6g, then sorry this guide isn't going to work very well.

For example:
    On my Server (EU - med. population) there is a very good supply of
    they go from anywere between 4g-14g á piece

But there aren't many Volatile Fire, especially no bigger stacks or very many small stacks.
    Volatile Fire goes for around 18g-20g á piece.

- If we remember back to Cataclysm Volatile Fire & Volatile Air were the two elements that always had the biggest demand over supply.

Where am I farming?

We are farming here..

Which mob am I farming?

We are farming...

What does this mob drop?

This mob drops...

What about the respawn time?

These mobs respawn rather fast, but to get the best out of it you should use the addon Server Hop - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse
    After you have cleared the pathway up (or down), turn around, Server hop, rinse & repeat.

OR....what also works very good is using "hop spots"....

Hop Spots

For example:
    these are spots where you can just stand, spam aoe, loot,server hop, spam aoe, loot, server hop, spam aoe etc....you get what I mean.

Starting from the top of the path..

After a couple of hops, if no more mobs spawn on the spot you are standing at, just move to the next one....rinse & repeat.
    (don't forget to clear yout server hop blacklist when you switch to another "hop spot")

I don't see any Flame Terror? There are only Charbringer.
    Well that means you are still phased and have to finish the Mount Hyjal Quest Series 'till you become accesse to the dailys for Molten Front.

The Math
    I farm ca. 220-240 Volatile Fire/hour with ease.
    You can use any Class to farm, of course some might be better then others. I farmed these stats with my Disc Priest just walking around spamming Holy Nova and looting.

So lets say I farmed my 230 Volatile Fire and sell them for 17,50 each (could get more, but better to calculate with a smaller estamated selling price)

230*17.50g=4025g

don't forget.... here's still the greens and vendor crap which also drops...
    we sell all that stuff to a vendor or auction off the greens or disenchant for mats cause even if we don't have enchanting as a profession with server hop we are mostly in a raid and are asked need/greed/disenchant....

I'm not even gonne put that stuff in the calculation because i hate how people always try to get every last penny out of there farm method just so they can say xxxxxk/hour. So if you get more out of this then 4000g/hour well, cheers to you mate and thumbs up.

So were at good 4000g/hour. without the profit from greens etc. ok?.... good

Final Words
    I hope this guide was useful and i already hate you for destroying the supply<demand on my Server.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Farming Volatile Fire in 6.2.4 +4000g/hour-hyjalfarm-jpg  
    Last edited by Mr.Bob; 06-13-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    be the change you want to see in the world...wtf...did Mr.Bob just Quote Gandhi

Farming Volatile Fire in 6.2.4 +4000g/hour
  2. Thanks spammero, azuro, Shadorinn (3 members gave Thanks to Mr.Bob for this useful post)
    Galithiel's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt Volatile Fire is used for any craft that would be useful in WoD. You might sell some, but if you farm 10 hours, you're never ever going to get 40K from this farming session.

Mr.Bob's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Then farm dino bones or something like the other 3 million farmers :P
    2. Nobody ever said Volatile Fire is used for WoD crafting... o.O
    3. If you think you can only make good gold off of mats for WoD crafting, then you my friend are more than naiv XD

Mailbox is full every 4 hours....so you do what you think is good and so will i
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Farming Volatile Fire in 6.2.4 +4000g/hour-mailboxfire-jpg  

5. Thanks Domo Kun, Shadorinn (2 members gave Thanks to Mr.Bob for this useful post)
    azuro's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    15/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't view the attachments! please upload them differently, interesting guide volatiles sell good on my server

spammero's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    53/46
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    I highly doubt Volatile Fire is used for any craft that would be useful in WoD. You might sell some, but if you farm 10 hours, you're never ever going to get 40K from this farming session.
    Volatile Fire is needed for many old crafts:

Volatile Fire - Item - World of Warcraft

With new wardrobe feature in Legion, people will craft these items and old mats will have high demand again in all servers.

Thanks for the guide.

Pix3lmate's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or all the images are broken ?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Mr.Bob's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added imgur links

10. Thanks Shadorinn (1 members gave Thanks to Mr.Bob for this useful post)
    sugarbunny's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone got a hb profile for this ?

Shadorinn's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    35/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    Your ignorance is astounding! Be honest.. did you really think through your reply before posting?

I'd be willing to bet that especially right now (In WoD, yes) and right into Legion, three whole expansions ahead of Cata, Volatile Fire will be selling quite well. Why? Because you need it in order to craft the Vial of the Sands, Duh!

Since the Warcraft movies release we'll see a swarm of new players coming in to check out what this WoW stuff is all about and we all know that WoW is like crack. As unemployment rises, so will subscriptions and EVERYONE wants a 2-seater mount. Do us ALL a favor and think before you speak. Just one other thing.. why do people like you post a reply just to trample on someone elses work? I've never quite understood it and it is a genuine question I have had for years. The best I can come up with is that it's a superiority thing, in which case is that because of a feeling of inadequacy? Perhaps I'm completely off and this is a clever troll designed to bait people into telling you that your comment was a foolish one. Oh well, either way I think you're a jackass.

ergosumbi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/15
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx for the guide. For those crafting vial of the sand it most def has value.

Next to that if prices are low now, bank them and cash in when Legion is released and everybody wants them for their illusions (Tome of Illusions: Elemental Lords)

Thanks G/R
    41/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Bob View Post
    2. Nobody ever said Volatile Fire is used for WoD crafting... o.O
    And this is the reason why I never said that somebody ever said Volatile Fire is used for WoD crafting. I said it's not used to craft something useful in WoD (like pets or things than can sell fast and frequently).

Originally Posted by spammero View Post
    Volatile Fire is needed for many old crafts: Volatile Fire - Item - World of Warcraft
    Yeah, I checked before posting my answer and all those items are ultra-common looking gear. To be honest I hadn't check the items crafted with the Truegold, and I can somewhat see it being quite useful thanks to that.

Originally Posted by Shadorinn View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that especially right now (In WoD, yes) and right into Legion, three whole expansions ahead of Cata, Volatile Fire will be selling quite well. Why? Because you need it in order to craft the Vial of the Sands, Duh!
    Yeah, and billions of Vial of Sands are crafted every day obviously.

Since the Warcraft movies release we'll see a swarm of new players coming in to check out what this WoW stuff is all about and we all know that WoW is like crack. As unemployment rises, so will subscriptions and EVERYONE wants a 2-seater mount.
    Every single point here is wrong, that's quite amazing how you can get that much things wrong in only one sentence actually.

Do us ALL a favor and think before you speak. Just one other thing.. why do people like you post a reply just to trample on someone elses work? I've never quite understood it and it is a genuine question I have had for years. The best I can come up with is that it's a superiority thing, in which case is that because of a feeling of inadequacy? Perhaps I'm completely off and this is a clever troll designed to bait people into telling you that your comment was a foolish one. Oh well, either way I think you're a jackass.
    I was questioning the real potential income of this technique, and I think I did it politely, even tho I might have been wrong. I think you should really look for help regarding anger management, you seem to be very agressive for no reason at all.
    Last edited by Galithiel; 06-15-2016 at 02:10 PM.

azuro's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    15/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the ******* man?

This is a good guide, People are providing good information and answers. Vial of the sands sell pretty good, oldschool materials have made me a lot of gold these past 2 weeks.
    I even have a buyer for volatile fire with COD all i can get..

Thanks G/R
    41/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by azuro View Post
    Why the ******* man?

This is a good guide, People are providing good information and answers. Vial of the sands sell pretty good, oldschool materials have made me a lot of gold these past 2 weeks.
    I even have a buyer for volatile fire with COD all i can get..
    Please read my previous answer again. I admit I was wrong as I was not considering the True gold craft.

km3r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noone mentioned illusions? Legion Transmog: Weapon Illusions - Guides - Wowhead
    I'm stacking on those materials myself. Gonna get rich boopboop

JhonnyQ's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/74
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you get rich. There will be many people farming old raids for transmog appearences and there will be alot of old items to disenchant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast