Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Pretty Evil Bloody Coin/HK Farming Methods (Mecha-Blast Rocket + Zoning)

Many people have caught on to this, but I enjoyed it a lot post-Beta since I had to wait a bit before getting the expansion :P

There is a place in Valley of the Four Winds most Pandaria players remember, the town of Halfhill.

Halfhill Defender - NPC - World of Warcraft

This town has a neutral flight master that does not agro, an unguarded inn, and also a safe zone on the SouthWestern side of town (name of Cell is Sunsong Ranch).

The idea is that people can get easy HKs/ganks/bloody coins on pvp servers as the opposing faction logs into the inn and lands on the flight path.
    Also many level 90-100 players cluster at the market proper next to Sunsong Ranch.

2 Pretty Evil Bloody Coin/HK Farming Methods (Mecha-Blast Rocket + Zoning)-inv_gizmo_rocketlauncher-jpg

Mecha-Blast Rocket
    Mecha-Blast Rocket
    Item Level 100

Use: Deals X Fire Damage + X Damage per second (level dependent) to an enemy up to 0 to 40 yards away. (1 Min Cooldown)
    Requires Level 91
    Max Stack: 20
    The idea here is to pick a target with 65k health or less and have the item Mecha-Blast Rocket in your inventory.
    This is a simple engineering product usable by any class that is level 91 (don't need to be engi),
    and incidentally these rockets proc weapon enchants such as Shattered Hand and can benefit from abilities such as warrior bleed effects and trinket dots etc.

I.e. a player can enrage or blow some other such cooldown, blow abilities that increase crit rating or spellpower, etc. any damage buff should work for now.
    Those comfortable with wasting a button can macro this to a favorite spell.

Players at the market can be safely rocketed by players who can trinket or ability out of guard's net,
    as long as the player takes care to drop from the air into the zone Sunsong Ranch or attempt to reach the enemy player via a roof.

Many classes (humans lol) can figure out a way to access the Ranch to drop guard agro.
    you should still see HK or Bloody Coin when the player dies in spite of the zoning out.

also players in the inn can be rocketed without guard problems, just like Binan Village, and the flight master can't agro so hehe. good for ganks
    Don't forget to check all pet battle places, fish bot banks, the Silken Fields and Skyrange.

Method 2 is farming the portal of Grim Batol or Stonecore for the swarms of pvp 90 druid bots.
    Super easy way to get 1000 hk achieves and also bloody coins galore.

eventually though the bot owner might come and grief you. so look out.
    a class that can aoe stunlock, freeze, or fear is best.

although the rocket does half damage at lvl 91 it's extremely useful and every player should carry like 60 of these at all times, lol.
    The cooldown is a paltry 60 seconds out of combat and it does NOT share cooldown with the Goblin Glider, so any flying toon at low health is in imminent danger.

It's quite simple to farm up gold from selling the Vengeful Porcupette battle pet from Timeless Isle at 100 bloody coins a pop.

2 Pretty Evil Bloody Coin/HK Farming Methods (Mecha-Blast Rocket + Zoning)-378832-jpg

Also those who never got the Ashhide Mushan in Pandaria should be able to get it pretty fast using these methods.

2 Pretty Evil Bloody Coin/HK Farming Methods (Mecha-Blast Rocket + Zoning)-376128-jpg

The more you gank the more enemies come, so /3 is your friend
    "As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. But the wind passes over, and soon all disappears; and his place will no more exist."

2 Pretty Evil Bloody Coin/HK Farming Methods (Mecha-Blast Rocket + Zoning)
    timebandit1's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention Aviana's Feather to drop Guard agro and escape messed up attempts at Halfhill or anywhere else :P

Aviana's Feather - Item - World of Warcraft

Aviana's Feather
    Item Level 1
    Binds when picked up
    Unique

Use: Launches you high into the air and deploys magical wings. (10 Min Cooldown)
    "Holding the feather makes you yearn to swoop through the open skies."

2 Pretty Evil Bloody Coin/HK Farming Methods (Mecha-Blast Rocket + Zoning)-441516-jpg

the feather is also fairly effective at checking the 5 warbringer spawns at super high speed lol.
    "As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. But the wind passes over, and soon all disappears; and his place will no more exist."

freeanime's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can't kill bots in stonecore, the area is a "sanctuary" and bots there are 100% immune to pvp damage.

in grim batol it's also very tricky because those druids rush the portal and you have like 2 seconds to kill one. If your class can't kill / stun them fast enough, my advice would be to kill them at grim batol's graveyard (close to the entrance, SW on the map), but either way you won't get lot of coins/hour with this technique.

nevertheless, nice find with halfhill farming & engineering rocket. +rep.

wilosoft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bots near Ulduar are better :P

lilsniff's Avatar Contributor *snort*
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    137/89
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wilosoft View Post
    The bots near Ulduar are better :P
    You mean the HoL farm? Do they still do that one?

wilosoft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lilsniff View Post
    You mean the HoL farm? Do they still do that one?
    Ye xD I farmed like 200 coins in 30 minutes a week ago

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by freeanime View Post
    you can't kill bots in stonecore, the area is a "sanctuary" and bots there are 100% immune to pvp damage.

in grim batol it's also very tricky because those druids rush the portal and you have like 2 seconds to kill one. If your class can't kill / stun them fast enough, my advice would be to kill them at grim batol's graveyard (close to the entrance, SW on the map), but either way you won't get lot of coins/hour with this technique.

nevertheless, nice find with halfhill farming & engineering rocket. +rep.
    thanks for letting me know about the sanctuary extending up the hill in deepholme.
    i had no idea and even with alchemy i never go there lol

however with two warriors the entrance to Grim Batol got us about 500 HKs and a couple hundred coins each.
    we were taking turns spamming things like "escape/victory rush" and "escape/execute" to get new targets ASAP and kill.
    XD we had a bit of pvp gear too. it can be hard to trap them going in as the drood bots are in flight form and immune to fear.

the pile of skeletons was epic, i should post it.
    this obv does not work on low pop servers or servers without gold farmers.

the halfhill method would be better on low pop or just change to another server via premade group finder.

thanks for the ulduar tip.

we also noticed shit tons of booster druids in Tanaris flying from Gadget to wherever in the Cata zone.
    it's super easy to rocket them and get away from guards. XD or just wait til they are high over desert and their corpse will spawn way up in the sky.

so evil. plus coins XD

Otakamichi's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it just me or I didn't get a single word from method one? -_-

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Otakamichi View Post
    is it just me or I didn't get a single word from method one? -_-
    Excuse me?

Ok, I'll shorten it some more.
    Camping any instance portal where 90s and up come out is good for Bloody Coin, HK, and rocket farming.

That was method one.

Method two is simply camping Halfhill Market and Inn/Flight Path for 90+ players, in order to get bloody coins as people zone in (no honor though due to debuff),
    and using the zoning exploit + rocket to maximize targets.

not sure what Otakamichi's issue is other than being a donator lol