Extra damage in arenas! menu

User Tag List

Moonguardian's Avatar Member See me in the Goldshire Inn CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra damage in arenas!

Hey ownedcore!

Ironfoe - Item - World of Warcraft (Ironfoe), the old Vanilla epic one handed mace is still nicely implemented into modern combat.

If you have the mace equipped in your offhand, it does the 2 extra attacks with the mainhand weapon. These can be hard hitting attacks for sure as well.

Anyways, it's about a 3-4% proc rate, and as a fury warrior, this could be some hardcore extra damage in Arenas. It works for all clases that can use maces, and I think it would be really nice for rogues as well. Thanks!

Ironfoe has to be in your offhand for this to work.
    Last edited by Moonguardian; 12-07-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Extra damage in arenas!
    IChangedMyUsername's Avatar Contributor Dance! ;^) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    257/65
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could easily be wrong, but i dont think its worth the loss of stats of an offhand weapon... Maybe as like a Enchance shaman who isnt as depend on offhand or a dk...

chaosrage's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would the dps gain from 2 extra attacks outweigh the dps loss from your offhand? i think it would be a loss overall, and if its not, it is a VERY marginal gain.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In some cases yes, but for lower level twinks, this is great. Also, if someone happens to have Ironfoe, one badass weapon, and no other good weapon, there ya go

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ironfoe also tends to proc at the first attack, so one could easily use it, and whenever it procs, switch to another, much better weapon quickly, as you can switch weapons in combat.

chaosrage's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes however that invokes a gcd and i just dont see this being really conventional in pvp at all

Nevodark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by chaosrage View Post
    would the dps gain from 2 extra attacks outweigh the dps loss from your offhand? i think it would be a loss overall, and if its not, it is a VERY marginal gain.
    It would be an incredible dps loss for any class at max level.

I cant think of a class that could even slightly benifit from this.

If your a fury warrior and use bloodthirst(forgot the name) and it deals the double hit due to the loss of damage on the offhand hit it probably works out to be even if not a fair bit less.

Every hit thats not a double hit will be a huge damage loss that involves the offhand.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every hit thats not a double hit will be a huge damage loss that involves the offhand.
    You can instantly switch to a different weapon after it procs, which is usually at the start of a fight.
    Dig Benis

Devens's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll no doubt be a dps loss, but that doesn't mean that it's useless. Let's say you're a monk with 10 brew stacks and an on-use trinket ready. Normally, you'd crit around 120k (depends on a bunch of stuff) with your RSK. Let's say you can only do around 90k with RSK if you use Ironfoe in your OH. If you make sure that you RSK asap after getting a proc, you can still do 270k dmg in one hit, which should make it quite easy to get a kill afterwards.
    I do have a few questions though. Can the proc be consumed by white dmg as well or is it only yellow dmg? The text makes it sound like the proc can be used by white dmg as well, which makes it pretty hard to use the way I intended.
    And since you suggest swapping the weapon back and forth, can you count on a proc in the first few hits after you've swapped it into your OH (assuming that the icd is over)? That'd make it easier to stop your auto attacks before preparing for a big one-shot hit.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It work's almost everytime for me on the first attack, so I wouldn't suggest trying to switch back and forward, but more as an introduction into a burst macro.
    Dig Benis

bezerker08's Avatar Warlord
    Thanks G/R
    577/144
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is just a bad idea for so many reasons in the level 90 bracket. I GUESS​ this might be useful for a twink maybe

Zethth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dps loss just from stats would make it not worth using, it could be nice on a twink, but only up to 59