0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting accounts unbanned

Hello ownedcore! I have been a longtime reader of these forums, and just recently got a membership to donate a little. However, I haven't had much of a way to actually contribute, and I definitely did not want to post something an get flamed for posting something that has already been posted. Anyways, if this had been posted, I apologize. I just hope to help someone.

I have played off and on since vanilla. I have botted, not very hardcore or anything, in wow and D3. I have had one account banned and unbanned 2 times in the past 4 years. I have also had a d3 account banned and unbanned once. Finally, I tried to run 5 bots at one point in WotLK just mining almost 24/7, unattended while at work. These accounts were all banned within 2 weeks. Needed to give that information as it may play a role in why I got them unbanned. Basically, I botted very dumb, sloppy, and cheap on all of them. Also note that I DID NOT have authenticators. I believe this plays a big role.(may be obvious)

In every case, I immediately left the accounts alone when I found out they recieved a ban. Personally, I did not contact blizzard for anywhere from 2 months to a year. After this, I would contact them directly. Through either the phone or the live chat option. Of course, be very cordial and polite. You want to seen eager to find out what happened. Explain that you don't understand what botting is, how it's done, or just come off as completely clueless to this topic all together. You need them to bring up the fact that you may have been compromised, and then make them feel as though you don't know how that's possible.

All this may seem obvious to most. However, the big points to take from this are the fact that my accounts were unprotected (no authenticators), and I did not attempt to get them back for a while. This is very important. If you contact them immediately, they will know it was you botting. Nobody gets their account compromised and has it used to bot for a month without noticing. Leaving it alone portrays that you took a leave from the game, during which time you were compromised, and your account was used for botting.

Once again, DO NOT contact them for a while. I would say at least a month. I have had 7 bans unlifted in WoW and 1 in D3 using this method. Hope this helps someone. Remember to be patient! Being to eager could lose your characters!

Feel free to ask questions!

Getting accounts unbanned
    Fisher's Avatar Banned Hook you up! CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    16 (94%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone with stupid amounts of experience in the field, I can verify this. It is true that your chances go higher than usual if you give them some time, act as if you were away and someone was messing with your account. Having no authenticators helps a lot, as it leaves you with options for the accounts, you can't claim compromise on them if they have it. As a small disclaimer you may or may not want to add, this isn't a 100% success rate and this isn't the only approach, there is plenty where you can contact them right after your account gets suspended and what not. Might wanna put it out there, just so you don't get flamed in a year by people who "missed their chance" to poke Blizz right after they got banned =) There is a lot more to unbaning than just time, but it plays a role like you stated.

Anyways, good advice, thank you for sharing!
    Peace!

Imslevin's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. I would like to say that I have had 100% success (8 / 8 ) using this method. However, in no way am I proclaiming that this will work that often. I think having no authenticator and waiting for a while, gives you a much better chance. I'm not even saying to wait 2-12 months. 2-4 weeks might be enough. I think think the less time you wait, the more blizz will sniff out what you are tryin to do. I the account is important to you, and it gets banned. Make a new account, and play that for a while. If you can change your IP, that should aid your case as well.(in theory, I haven't done this!)

Thanks again for the feedback!
    Last edited by Imslevin; 11-28-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Razor33's Avatar Legendary Professional Gold Dealer
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    106/74
    Trade Feedback
    151 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your idea I actually have a MoP banned 2 months ago and never appealed it. I guess I will try now playing the dump role
    +4 Rep
    WTS gold on EU Auchindoun / Jaedenar / Dunemaul --> Alliance and Horde ! Very cheap !

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks and good luck!

jmulhern345help's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    8/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done this before OP. It works very well. The annoying part is the ID Scan i needed to submit. If it happens numerous times on 1 account, don't be suprised if they close the account finally. What that means is... A normal GM/Account Admin(Phone Rep) can't unban it. They usually know that you have had a sketchy history(from account notes) and they will go in circles with you until you give up.

markons's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, got friends account back. So this does work.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I had one account unbanned twice, but it was about two years apart from the first ban. Glad to hear this has worked for others. Like I said, I'm sure this sounds like common sense to some. However, when someone's account gets banned, the first thing they want to do is try to give it back. Patience can go a long way in this.

Nemu5's Avatar Banned Your #1 Gold Supplier CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup I think you're right Imslevin, I've managed to unban 5 or more accounts by myself also using this kind of method, so rep for ya!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks guys. Let me know how it turns out for y'all larouchemk and razor32

Hellscreamer's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the sharing.

dunoman77's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 thankyou very much!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem, hope it helps!

varyn's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense, will try if I ever get caught!

hay706's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if you have an active account of on a different wow that you started up because your main wow got banned, yeah not sure if it going to work but i am going to give it a shot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast