6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SoR Your OLD Banned Acct Back!

SoR Your OLD BANNED Account Back to Life
    By TP

If you have experienced anything like I have, then you too have an account from back in the day (pre-2007) and was banned. Yup, back in 2007 I was banned for exploiting indirectly. Completely harmless, but I received the burden of the punishment. In the olden days, we didn't have nice and easy ways of communicating with Blizzard to explain our fight. Letter after letter, fax after fax I was completely unsuccessful. After a year of trying and in the time of leveling a new toon, I gave up. I lost my old Hunter with PvP titles before Arena's existed. Gone was my old Grand Marshal gear and nostalgic days.

I'm here to tell you that hope is NOT lost. GM after GM told me that the account is too old to look up, the character doesn't exist and more. I work in IT and I know for a fact that it is a lie. They save everything and everything that was there before (assuming you didn't delete or weren't hacked/deleted) is still there!

***Please keep in mind that sometimes you are lucky with a friendly GM willing to go the extra mile IF you are friendly and nice. However, you may get one on a bad day. You can give them a feeler on mood by shooting out a compliment or joke. Compliment could be about their name being awesome or reminding you of a guildee. Be friendly, be polite. Generally all the online chat GMs are pretty cool. If you get a bad mood, shit attitude GM then just ask a question and close the ticket. Try again a week later. Gap out the request for a ticket. It looks fishy. Consider it almost like applying for a credit card. Space it out**********

How I got my account back...

Quick preface: I was an old school Hunter that was around in Vanilla. AQ20, AQ40, Naxx40, and more. I was leveling in BC and a group of my guild at the time had found a quick way to level to 70. Being lazy, I wanted in on it. Big mistake. I got to 69 fast, went to Nagrand to log out as I was in the zone. Next attempt to log in -> Banned.

This was back in 2007. Here we are in 2013 (almost 2014) and I have resurrected what was my favorite toon back into my possession with everything in tact.

What I did

I opened a new ticket online with a GM. The ticket was referencing the SoR system and a problem I was having. My problem was I wanted to SoR my old account that I haven't accessed since 2007 (because it was banned, but I didn't mention that...they can see it!). I said that I could not remember any of my login information to the account as it was pre-BNET account merge. The e-mail, the phone, the address, everything was outdated but my name.

I was asked to define the character that I was wanting to get back. I gave all the details of Race, Name, Server, Sex...ANYTHING to help them find it. Well, he did. He found it. I had 6 GM's in the past tell me he didn't exist anymore. This guy found it.

I told him that is the exact character and account I want back. I even typed in how excited I was. Here came the tough part. They need to verify this is your account and the details are important. You will be asked for the address, phone number, email, and pretty much anything that would say, "I know my account, this IS my account and it belongs to me". Your ID will only suffice for about 60% of their decision. Don't try and prove that false.

I was able to verify everything but the phone number. I almost lost the opportunity. Then I started spilling the guts of my character. I literally told him everything about that character. I told him the name of the pet, where I probably parked him and why, the gear that was on him, the items that were probably in his bags...EVERYTHING. Just spill it. All the juicy details.

Next you will be asked to verify your ID by providing a picture of your license or state ID. You upload it to your ticket for them to view. Assuming that it is you, they will MERGE the banned account to your account. I saw my old account, old login name on the account, was now in my BNET but still "banned". A sense of success was there, but only a tease of true success.

The next thing you type in is VITAL to you succeeding. You need to ask/say, "Yay I see my account! You are flat out the best." I mean you will feel excited to have gotten this far, right? Continue with something like, "...I do see my old acct, but it says that it is banned instead of frozen. Do i need t provide payment information or something to update the account to state Active?".

Your wording is so important to succeeding here. A single phrase that is worded incorrectly can cost you this and now you have your banned account on your BNET, but still banned. Consider it like a lawyer telling you to STFU or say exactly as told.

Next thing I know, it went from Banned to Frozen. I was able to SoR. I rushed home when I was wrapped up for the day (did this at lunch) and logged on. I saw him. I saw my old toon on my screen. A mental nerd tear came to me and I logged in. Everything was just as I left it. Nostalgia returned and I was thrilled.

I had my account back that was originally perma-banned for almost 7 years. Notice that I never lied, never said anything that would be bullshit. They can see everything. They note everything. But your words are impacting. I'm not sure if really old accounts show information differently. I'm sure they do. This could be why I was able to succeed. I don't know. What I do know is that I managed to do something I gave up on and almost gave up on again. Don't give up. There is still a chance. Assuming you didn't do something completely ****ed that resulted your perma-ban.

Conclusion

I guess this isn't as much a guide as almost a story. Consider it as both. Take my story and maybe it can help your situation. I thanked my GM over and over and gave him a wonderful review. Don't be a dick. Karma catches up to us all at some point. Be nice, be polite...they are people too and most of them play the game as well. They are already sympathizing with you if you are sad about forgetting your old account login information. I truly did.

Tip: try to right down everything you do remember about your old account. Login/username would be a great place to start. Be prepared to **** up an answer and be prepared to say something similar to, "ugh....that was so long ago. I think i had like 6 new addresses since then. I am going to shoot in the dark and hope one is right, but if not I would be happy to try and prove anything else.".

The account must be YOUR ORIGINAL ACCOUNT. Your name must be on there to do this successful. I wish you luck on your attempts.

SoR Your OLD Banned Acct Back!
    Huddi79's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Story

jcf777's Avatar Banned Trusted CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit misleading, you have to get the account unbanned first. I was hoping this was about automatically unbanning an account with sor.

ThrowingBible's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice thread, my conclusion - get the sympathy of the gm, don't like, and blizzard will be so kind and give you your account back
    +rep for you

tehpud's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jcf777 View Post
    A bit misleading, you have to get the account unbanned first. I was hoping this was about automatically unbanning an account with sor.
    I actually got the account merged first, then during the merger it appeared as though it were a mistake for it to be banned. Thus ban lifted and then SoR was able to be used. The only reason this worked was due to attempting to use SoR on it. My previous attempts, numerous times, have never been SoR related. That's why I feel SoR was the big winner here.

razzerz's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never actually thought of trying this with banned account pre battle.net, great story + rep

Yukka's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    46/24
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already added my banned 2007 account to my bnet account ;<

Heat93's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my account was banned several times by insults so no way to unban him or maybe any tips for it?
    got him on my bnet account anyways

tehpud's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by razzerz View Post
    I never actually thought of trying this with banned account pre battle.net, great story + rep
    Thanks! I had a member PM me with a success story based on this thread. Glad to see Blizzard is working with some people. I would be careful now due to Blizzcon and they are probably crazed.

tehpud's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Yukka View Post
    I already added my banned 2007 account to my bnet account ;<
    That's step 1. Step 2 - Open a chat box online with a team member and tell them that you got the account merged and just noticed that it shows "banned" instead of "frozen". Hopefully this will lead to a hold process of them figuring out why and realize they don't have the data to know why. Therefore they release it. I had a manager tell me that data is not saved beyond a certain point due to the BNET implementation. This means during the BNET implementation - not all data was ported over or succesfully moved on some accounts such as previously banned accounts that were long dormant before the new system.

tehpud's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Heat93 View Post
    my account was banned several times by insults so no way to unban him or maybe any tips for it?
    got him on my bnet account anyways
    Hmm, tough one to be honest. You could go the approach of sending a letter to them in mail, certified, with one of two approaches:

1) legal sounding approach (kind of aggressive and could either work or fail miserably)
    2) right a very apologetic letter. Explain the language and insults due to immaturity and lack of respect. I would also state that since then (if you play still) you have been a stand up citizen of azeroth. Seriously, use those words.

Question - how long ago was your ban? IF it was a long time ago, then try my approach of talking with a GM on chat BNET online. Let them know that you merged your account but it shows as banned instead of frozen. If recent, then you should try option 2 above or maybe hire one of the services sold here to help recover your account. It's a tough one if it's recent and I don't have enough experience in working with those.

Generally, I try to be cheesy and honest along with apologetic and have developed in maturity since the date. Your english should be clean and well thought. Also, try to get the GM chit chatting about something off topic to gain some personal enjoyment of speaking with you. This can help and I manage to do it everytime I speak with a GM. Mention something on the lines of the weather or a compliment on their name. Get them off topic like you get a high school teacher off topic.

GL