Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't played my warrior in a long time, but can you kite and AOE? I'm telling you...it can be very fast if you get it down.

Edit:

I just dusted off my 87 Warrior and headed over. I am Arms, and here is how I kill the worms:

They are yellow, so you hold the cards on the pull.

Primarily we will be using Heroic Leap, Charge, Thunderclap and Shockwave (talent)

We are setting up Shockwave for the stun so we can get in, do damage and run away to rinse, repeat.

I started by Heroic Leaping in, followed immediately by a Shockwave (which stuns), at which point you are going to want to start running away from poison spit. By this time, Thunderclap is up and you can fire that off if they start to get close. The poison spit is an easy mechanic to avoid and you can fool the little guys into stopping for you and then you can ready another leap or charge followed by a Shockwave. I kept distance and had the first wormy targeted as I ran, and when charge and shockwave are up, charge and hit shockwave. Easy!

Mess with it and you'll see what I mean. I haven't died yet and my gear is terrible. Good luck!

Sorry Edit 2:

The Mass Spell Reflection talent works to deflect back Poison Spit...and this will make it even easier. I charge in, hit spell reflect, AOE, Shockwave and start the kite.
    Last edited by dcrvtec; 10-01-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Leveling from 85 to 90 on Timeless Isle - 10-25M xp per hour - solo
    Missuh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know guys if you can solo that with rogue 85-90? Talents? FoK spam?

dcrvtec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Missuh View Post
    You know guys if you can solo that with rogue 85-90? Talents? FoK spam?
    My rogue is 90 so I haven't tried but dancing in and out of poison spit range while using fan of knives and crimson tempest in combination with cloak of shadows to nullify cast poisons...should be easy. Also killing spree would be a great finisher when they get low.

LoveOne's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/9
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done this on my lvl 88 warrior (prot), i have only green items and archaeology sword.
    It's quite easy, charge in spell reflect, thunderclap, shockwave, victory rush, repeat.
    Took me like 40 seconds to kill 1 pack.
    I get 19k xp / moob and i made about 5 mil xp in 30 minutes, it's worthed but questing is faster

dcrvtec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my 86 Druid out there and specced Guardian. This is really easy mode, and once I dinged 87 I bought new Thresher leather gear and headed back out and it is even easier yet to charge in, swipe, thrash, maul, and rejuvinate running to the next back. I can't see questing being faster than this...I am getting about 14mil/hour right now but I just fell out of rested, and I don't have to move off the isle.

Tronski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently found that characters below 85 can be boosted here very successfully as well. Edited the original post to reflect this.

Valianpour's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty solid for rogues in all honesty. FOK/Tempest spam's don't get them down quick enough and because they keep casting the poison, after cloak you're basically dead anyways.

- Not tried it with full buffs yet, might make a difference but currently failing hard.

mgscs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swag yolo +rep
    Let's put a smile on that face.

dcrvtec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Valianpour View Post
    Pretty solid for rogues in all honesty. FOK/Tempest spam's don't get them down quick enough and because they keep casting the poison, after cloak you're basically dead anyways.

- Not tried it with full buffs yet, might make a difference but currently failing hard.
    You might try the Sharp Knives and Cloak of Shadows glyphs to increase damage and also survival. I figured Cloak would get that poison off but it doesn't I see (just tried it).

You might also try speed buffs, because the key is to get them in a nice and tight pack and AOE them without them spitting on you. If you try to master dancing in and out it is cake.

zxrac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dcrvtec View Post
    I took my 86 Druid out there and specced Guardian. This is really easy mode, and once I dinged 87 I bought new Thresher leather gear and headed back out and it is even easier yet to charge in, swipe, thrash, maul, and rejuvinate running to the next back. I can't see questing being faster than this...I am getting about 14mil/hour right now but I just fell out of rested, and I don't have to move off the isle.
    so only 7m/hr without rested? my feral/guardian druid just hit 85 i was thinking of gearing up him some and taking her out here to try this.

dcrvtec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zxrac View Post
    so only 7m/hr without rested? my feral/guardian druid just hit 85 i was thinking of gearing up him some and taking her out here to try this.
    You will find out quickly that poison spit will absolutely crush you if you don't dance in and out. I was hesitant to try the Guardian after Balance was totally ineffective. You might be able to do this as a cat too as long as you can AOE and bleed them for better damage while kiting. Good luck!

Obbeh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any idea what it would be unrested with a 90 doing it for you?...my one firend at 87 i think said he was getting 10k a kill not sure if he was rested or not

Valianpour's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About the same is what I am getting now on my rogue, 10k per mob. It's alright but I don't think personally that it's worth it. Everyone needs to check every place to see if there is other places viable

Obbeh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so did a bit of testing at 80 with 0 boas and lvl 25 guild i got just over 1200 exp per kill not bad....how ever unless you want timeless coins or gear....highbank snipers will still be faster till ATLEAST 83 since theres hardly nay down time havent tested timeless isle byonde 83 yet

zxrac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is ONLY worth it if yuo were the ONLY person farming the entire area. otherwise you're basically afk half the time.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast