Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Luuvan View Post
    go as destro and aoe them from a distance

How toget the food from a lvl 85-89 char? the small creatures dont drop them :/
    Thank you for the tip, it worked way better. However this didnt work out as good as questing for me, too long respawns imo. But that's my opinion and gj to those of you that nailed it
    And regarding the food there was a vendor at the first FP for me, selling consumables.

Leveling from 85 to 90 on Timeless Isle - 10-25M xp per hour - solo
    Buhzerk's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great method, leveling from 87-90 extremely fast atm. +Rep fow show mayne

edit:
    went from 88-89 in 45 minutes /played.. rested
    Last edited by Buhzerk; 09-25-2013 at 10:43 PM.

SH4D0WS1N's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to reinforce how much gear, level, and class are taken into account in this area. My 86 ~376 ilvl BM/WW monk could barely solo 3 tiny mobs and 0 medium mobs, forget trying to solo the 6+ mob packs this post suggests. I am now 405 ilvl with two higher pieces sitting in bag for when I hit 87 to come back with an update.

Tronski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post was a mistake
    Last edited by Tronski; 09-28-2013 at 10:03 AM.

SDCA's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SH4D0WS1N View Post
    I'd like to reinforce how much gear, level, and class are taken into account in this area. My 86 ~376 ilvl BM/WW monk could barely solo 3 tiny mobs and 0 medium mobs, forget trying to solo the 6+ mob packs this post suggests. I am now 405 ilvl with two higher pieces sitting in bag for when I hit 87 to come back with an update.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you, you just need to try a couple strategies and abuse their casting mechanic(when they start to cast run back a little bit to out range and they will cancel. I recently did it on a very poorly geared shadow priest for a friend after "flying" thru them on my Mage who was almost twink geared. With the shadow priest I did even better once I started getting creative I was actually able to pull and kill 3 packs solo at 86.

I haven't played a monk at high level in a while but I'm re-leveling one now. I can only speak for Brew Master AoE but I would recommend Dizzying Haze>Keg Smash>Breath of Fire with glyph>Spinning Kick>Detox Repeat and Roll out of casts when needed and that's not even taking into account the several juicy talents such as Leg Sweep or Chi Burst.

Tronski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SDCA View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you, you just need to try a couple strategies and abuse their casting mechanic(when they start to cast run back a little bit to out range and they will cancel. I recently did it on a very poorly geared shadow priest for a friend after "flying" thru them on my Mage who was almost twink geared. With the shadow priest I did even better once I started getting creative I was actually able to pull and kill 3 packs solo at 86.

I haven't played a monk at high level in a while but I'm re-leveling one now. I can only speak for Brew Master AoE but I would recommend Dizzying Haze>Keg Smash>Breath of Fire with glyph>Spinning Kick>Detox Repeat and Roll out of casts when needed and that's not even taking into account the several juicy talents such as Leg Sweep or Chi Burst.
    I also did this, it does seems that brewmaster is a tad stronger in this aspect than most other specs. especially with the no cd - control through breath of fire.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 87 and ~412 ilvl I was able to kill them no problem and could even pull multiple packs of the chicks. Level 88, 418 ilvl now and the only problems I'm having are the Censer users. (do they even get coins when I'm not 90?)

EDIT: I can confirm that under level 90 that you are NOT worth any blood coins when killed.
    Last edited by SH4D0WS1N; 09-27-2013 at 09:55 PM.

SDCA's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 87 and ~412 ilvl I was able to kill them no problem and could even pull multiple packs of the chicks. Level 88, 418 ilvl now and the only problems I'm having are the Censer users. (do they even get coins when I'm not 90?)

EDIT: I can confirm that under level 90 that you are NOT worth any blood coins when killed.
    I think low levels are still able to give bloody coins because there was an exploit not long ago about summoning low levels to farm for the kills, did you maybe have the 10 minute debuff from being killed also the coin isn't a guaranteed drop from someone.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think low levels are still able to give bloody coins because there was an exploit not long ago about summoning low levels to farm for the kills, did you maybe have the 10 minute debuff from being killed also the coin isn't a guaranteed drop from someone.
    I've been killed ~15 (maybe more, I die too much >.< ) times with no debuff gained and 3 people have confirmed no coin gained.

KeilaniiServices's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant Master Powerleveler
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    36 (97%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pounded out 89-90 in about an hour and a half today on brewmaster monk with sub par gear.... farmed the Spotted Swarmer's as well as the crane backs all around the south area of the isle .... stayed in a small areas as i was on a very very populated server.

snaggletooth's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definetly a great way to level. Don't forget you can get the xp+ buff from brewfest twice a day to speed this up even more

Lokiskye's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite sure if this still works, i went there with my level 88 rogue and the Windfeather chicks only gave me 9k exp!

Lokiskye's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite sure if this still works, i went there with my level 88 rogue and the Windfeather chicks only gave me 9k exp!

dcrvtec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Lokiskye View Post
    I am there now on my 88 DK, and I am getting 36k+ rested each.

These little worms are very easy to kite in a circle with any class that has AOE...especially ground cover AOE that the mobs move through. I leveled my Shammy very quick there too using the totem with the fire burst damage.

Another huge help comes when you find of the four of these:

Timeless Legends - Achievement - World of Warcraft

Each one provides a 10 minute buff that gives you an extra button that lays down an attack that one shots packs of the worms or small turtles, with a one minute CD. If you've got little competition, you can aggro packs, run and survive long enough to activate this AOE and watch XP literally fly in

Xopo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was getting 28k a mob rested as a lvl 86 warrior. Pretty geared alt though most items are lvl 419 from cata heroics but yea not so easy even when I was flasked and loaded up with all the island buffs. Not sure if it is worth it.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast