Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friends on the Farm

[Guide] Achievement - Friends on the Farm

Here is a little guide if you want to make the achievement Friends on the Farm - Achievement - World of Warcraft .
    At first i wanna say, this achievement sucks, it tooked me about 4-5 hours stupid farming. You can find this achievement under "Reputation" -> "Pandaria".

What to i have to do?
    Get reputation "Best friend" with all 10 Tillers.

Friendship levels:
    Stranger: 0-8400
    Acquaintance: 8400-16800
    Buddy: 16800-25200
    Friend: 25200-33600
    Good Friend: 33600-42000
    Best Friend: 42000-42999

Is there a reward when getting "best friend"?
    Yes, you get new objects for you farm, but the most are just for style.

Chee Chee: Sheep npcs (Farm Sheep)
    Ella: Cat npc (Luna)
    Farmer Fung: Yak npc (Shaggy)
    Fish Fellreed: Pig npcs (Piggy)
    Gina Mudclaw: Mailbox
    Haohan Mudclaw: Mushan beast npc (Miss Fifi)
    Jogu the Drunk: Free advice (No longer asking gold for tips)
    Old Hillpaw: Chicken npcs (Hillpaw's Chicken)
    Sho: Orange tree
    Tina Mudclaw: New furnishing in the house

How do i do this?
    You have to collect the five gifts and then bring them to the tiller you want to raise you reputation
    Jade Cat - Item - World of Warcraft
    Ruby Shard - Item - World of Warcraft
    Blue Feather - Item - World of Warcraft
    Lovely Apple - Item - World of Warcraft
    Marsh Lily - Item - World of Warcraft

Where do i find the gifts?
    You have to find the Dark Soil - Object - World of Warcraft

Where do i find the Dark Soil´s?

How much rep do i get for one of the gifts turning in?
    You can give the gift to any tiller you want, you will always get 540 rep.

Is there a option to make this faster?
    Each of the Tiller has his own favorite gift, so give him what he wants and you get 900 rep instead of 540. This makes it a lot faster to get "best friend".

Here is the list what the tillers favorites are:
    Chee-Chee - Blue Feather
    Old Hillpaw - Blue Feather
    Ella - Jade Cat
    Fish - Jade Cat
    Gina - Marsh Lily
    Farmer Fung - Marsh Lily
    Haohan - Ruby Shard
    Tina - Ruby Shard
    Jogu - Lovely Apple
    Sho - Lovely Apple[/td]

HAPPY FARMING

Friends on the Farm
    sikair27's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this +rep

stopbugging's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, this can get you Best Friends very fast, but most people should not want to do that. This is because once you gain Best Friend, the NPCs stop offering there "A Dish for xx" quest which are an extremely easy set of dailies (which also gives you friendship rep). Most people while leveling cooking can get at least a few dailies from each NPC just by saving their "Way of" leveling dishes. The alternative is either use the food, or vendor it if its not something you use.

By rushing Tina, you also can easily miss some extra quests at each of her friendship levels - these start from quest items dropped by some of the mobs you kill for dailies (and 100% from the Hozen "Hunter-Chief" up on the Skyrange). Its one quest per rep level and the quest item only drops while you're on that level.

My advice for the Dark Soil patches is to hand in ALL of them to Jogu (the drunk fish). This drops his fee and lets you do the one-time quests he offers at each of his rep levels (I stopped once his fee reached 10s). Then after you are fully exalted with the Tillers, go farm Dark Soils as above to cap out all the NPCs too. You'll passively be gaining friendship with the farmers along the way simply because they offer the Tillers dailies you already need. Or heck, don't even bother and just keep coming back for the easy valor and Lesser Charms.

That all said, you can rush headlong into Best Friends with them all of you want, but i don't think the rewards justify the redundant efforts.
    Last edited by stopbugging; 09-28-2012 at 03:25 AM.

mrnice's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/10
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stopbugging View Post
    Yes, this can get you Best Friends very fast, but most people should not want to do that. This is because once you gain Best Friend, the NPCs stop offering there "A Dish for xx" quest which are an extremely easy set of dailies (which also gives you friendship rep). Most people while leveling cooking can get at least a few dailies from each NPC just by saving their "Way of" leveling dishes. The alternative is either use the food, or vendor it if its not something you use.

By rushing Tina, you also can easily miss some extra quests at each of her friendship levels - these start from quest items dropped by some of the mobs you kill for dailies (and 100% from the Hozen "Hunter-Chief" up on the Skyrange). Its one quest per rep level and the quest item only drops while you're on that level.

My advice for the Dark Soil patches is to hand in ALL of them to Jogu (the drunk fish). This drops his fee and lets you do the one-time quests he offers at each of his rep levels (I stopped once his fee reached 10s). Then after you are fully exalted with the Tillers, go farm Dark Soils as above to cap out all the NPCs too. You'll passively be gaining friendship with the farmers along the way simply because they offer the Tillers dailies you already need. Or heck, don't even bother and just keep coming back for the easy valor and Lesser Charms.

That all said, you can rush headlong into Best Friends with them all of you want, but i don't think the rewards justify the redundant efforts.
    thanks for adding this additional information