Thanks G/R
    4/3
    Trade Feedback
    36 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How I Make 10 - 15k A Day On Many Servers!

Hey Guys,

I've been around a while and I've tried to contribute as much as possible so I'm going to post a small method I use across many servers to make some gold.

What You Will Need:

- A Semi Good Geared Level 85(Optional)
    - Know Dungeon Tactics (Optional)
    - Swiftness Potions (Optional - Makes it faster)
    - Roughly 100g+

Okay so first thing you're going to do is search the auction house for items that are level 77 Cataclysm Items - Now people are all now re-rolling for MOP and leveling new alts so you can take advantage here. Buy all the items on the AH you can that are below roughly 50g (May very depending on server economy). You can then re-post these items, for various amounts. I normally get around 300g per item on my best server and around 185g per item on my worst. Once they sell, continue to do this, and you'll stack up the profits!

Further Option!

Okay, if you do have a fairly good geared Level 85, and you'd like to extend your earnings then this is the part of the guide you are looking for! Now for maximum profits, use this method on top of the method above to gain that 10 - 15k a day!

Blackrock Caverns!

Clear Blackrock Caverns on you're character, usually I can get 5 Runs done in around an hour and a half to two hours. Every run I get over 3 Greens that I can sell with the items I flip using the above method. By doing this, you also gain Gold loot from all the mobs, some cloth you can sell, blues you can vendor/DE to also sell mats on AH for extra profit on top.

So thats it.. Plain and simple.

Any Questions? Feel Free To Post Here And Ask

Thanks,

-ShameLess

Additional Points:

Originally Posted By Phantom325:

My advice is to wait until 5.0.4 hits (which I believe is this Tuesday, the 28th), which is when AoE looting will be implemented. Then, you can run in gather up bunches (plate classes) and AoE them down, AoE loot, and profit! +rep for the guide though
    EDIT: Worded my post a bit wrong, I didn't mean to wait until the 28th, I just meant to point out that this will become slightly faster once AoE looting hits.

Originally Posted By Unholyshaman:

Flipping them without much hassle:
    -Open up the Auctionator Buy tab if you have it.
    -Click Manage Shopping Lists.
    -Click New and enter your new shopping list name (such as Beginner Cata Gear) and hit Accept.
    -Click on your new shopping list displayed in the window next to the button, and then clickEdit.
    -Paste the following text into the box that appears and then click on Save, and then Okay to close the shopping list window and get back to the main Auctionator Buy tab.

Auctionator Shopping List:

Armor/Cloth/77/80/i272
    Armor/Leather/77/80/i272
    Armor/Mail/77/80/i272
    Armor/Plate/77/80/i272
    Weapon/77/80/i272
    Last edited by Shameless; 08-26-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Clarifying Points I Made.

How I Make 10 - 15k A Day On Many Servers!
    montgola's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel as if you earned some rep here you go +4

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advice is to wait until 5.0.4 hits (which I believe is this Tuesday, the 28th), which is when AoE looting will be implemented. Then, you can run in gather up bunches (plate classes) and AoE them down, AoE loot, and profit! +rep for the guide though
    EDIT: Worded my post a bit wrong, I didn't mean to wait until the 28th, I just meant to point out that this will become slightly faster once AoE looting hits.

Shameless's Avatar Elite User JD's Master CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/3
    Trade Feedback
    36 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    I will quote this in the opening post!

Lokiskye's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 items per run? huh, thats it? Seems a bit low

Is there any other Cataclysm dungeon that is soloable as 85? (I'm 400 ilvl Retri Paladin)
    Last edited by Lokiskye; 08-26-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a guide I wrote on another forum to flipping level 77ish level items. You may find it useful to combine with the above mentioned strategy and as a way to control the market so that it's only your items that get sold. No point farming the items if people are undercutting you :P

Originally Posted by Sinshroud View Post
    This is nothing really new to the scene of gold making, but sometimes you need a bit of inspiration or reminder to get back into a certain strategy. Or you just need help doing it right

Entry level Cataclysm gear starts at level 77 with an item level of 272. They are usually leagues ahead in stats compared items available at that level, as well as compared to items available even from places like ICC Heroic.

Reasons players will want these items:
    • Often they still have level 60-low70-ish level gear, because they simply haven't found replacements for them yet or have leveled too fast to actually get some (maybe they dungeon grinded with bad luck or BG leveled - who knows, WOTLK questing content is hated by many anyways).
    • Believe it or not the stamina increase. There is a massive jump in stamina between WOTLK and Cataclysm (for all classes, not just tanks), and it's extremely noticeable even when questing, but particularly when dungeoning and getting hit by mobs / boss abilities and especially when pvping and getting 1 shotted by someone in Cata instance blues.
    • Item Level increase, you need a certain item level in order to join the beginning lower level Cataclysm dungeons, and most of the time if you are still in WOTLK quest/dungeon items, you won't have the sufficient item level.
    • Hierlooms. They stop working once you reach level 80 in terms of their experience increase bonus, and their item level also gets reset to 1, making them completely useless when wanting to queue for a dungeon.

Flipping them without much hassle:
    1. Open up the Auctionator Buy tab if you have it.
    2. Click Manage Shopping Lists.
    3. Click New and enter your new shopping list name (such as Beginner Cata Gear) and hit Accept.
    4. Click on your new shopping list displayed in the window next to the button, and then clickEdit.
    5. Paste the following text into the box that appears and then click on Save, and then Okay to close the shopping list window and get back to the main Auctionator Buy tab.

Code:
    Armor/Cloth/77/80/i272
    Armor/Leather/77/80/i272
    Armor/Mail/77/80/i272
    Armor/Plate/77/80/i272
    Weapon/77/80/i272
    I don't bother with looking for Rings and Necklaces, because there is a lot of competition from crafted JC items to make it worth the risk, and there aren't any, or at least very few BoE trinkets available for that level besides the Engineering Dragonling and Darkmoon Faire Decks.

• Once you have created your shopping list, click the drop down arrow found in the top left corner of the Auctionator Buy tab (it most probably says "Recent Searches" as the moment) and select your new shopping list.
    • You will then see the new search categories that I gave you in that list such as the Armor/Cloth/77-80/i272 list.
    • When you click on it, it will search for cloth items, within the required level range of 77 and 80, and that is item level 272 or higher.
    • Click the Lowest Price heading once to order the items in a price order that allows you to see the lowest price listed first.
    • Hover over the item name or price to view its stats and use some common sense to decide if it is something that people might want.
    • I usually buy all the useful items that are listed below 100 gold, and re-list them for 150g, 190g or 250g depending on how good I reckon them to be.
    • Don't buy 2-stat items such as stamina and spirit because those are the least appealing and least useful.
    • Don't buy items crafted by professions (most of these will be part of a set and you will see so when hovering over the item).
    • I also try stay away from items with stats that have competition from profession crafted items - for example a tanking plate gloves item will have competition from [item]Hardened Obsidium Gauntlets[/item], which will effectively make your items harder to sell, or limit the amount that you can sell it for to equivalent of what the profession item is selling for.

As I said, I usually re-list my items for 150g, 190g or 250g depending on how useful I think they will be to players. You will actually be surprised how much players are willing to pay for these items if they are desperate to reach the minimum ilvl for dungeons. Of course they could cheat by holding some nice shiny BoE epics in their bags, but not many have the luxury of being able to do that.

I also sometimes fly around in Hyjal (for example while I'm doing my dailies or while I'm on the way there, or getting ready for a Firelands raid, etc) and post in general chat something like:

Code:
    /1 WTB your level 77-80 Cataclysm green items for 20g-30g each. Whisper me the item link and I will tell you whether or not I want to buy it.
    20g-30g is one hell of a bargain for a lot of those items and much more than they would get from Disenchanting or vendoring it (which most do).

This strategy takes some patience, but if you gain a monopoly on the items and check frequently for items to resell, you will notice a steady stream of sales with decent profits. At worst you can disenchant the items eventually if you find they are not selling or you get tired of relisting them.
    I make myself 1 or 2 TSM Auctioning Group and just throw all those items into the groups as I get them, so it's quick and easy listing them each time.

P.S. - Other examples that you can use the same strategy for:
    • Level 38-42 Mail and Plate items - this is the level that hunters/shamans gain mail usage and warrior/paladins gain plate usage. Be wary of heirloom alternatives though.
    • Level 57-60 TBC items - be wary of crafted alternatives.
    • Level 65-66 TBC items - this seems to be a very common sort of halfway mark place where leveling starts to slow down slightly, players head back to town in order to train new skills and often pick up a few nice upgrades to try increase the leveling pace again.
    • Level 67-70 WOTLK items - be wary of crafted alternatives.
    • Level 75-76 WOTLK items - same as the above TBC example. Halfway mark where leveling starts to slow down more, and players head back to town in order to train new skills and pick up better upgrades.
    • I would avoid trying to flip Level 81-85 greens, there is a plethora of upgrades available from both questing and dungeon grouping, and the end goal with nice shiny welfare epics is within spitting distance.

See my update HERE to see my progress (made 16,000g in 5 days, spending less than 10 minutes a day on this market).
    Cashing in on entry level Cata gear

Shameless's Avatar Elite User JD's Master CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/3
    Trade Feedback
    36 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @UnholyShaman - I will cut and paste bits and credit you in the main post, Thanks for the extra info!
    Last edited by Shameless; 08-27-2012 at 02:47 PM.