Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grisly Trophy - faceroll for mages

My first post here - be nice ;-)

A number of people have posted about their methods for doing the Darkmoon Faire quest - Grisly Trophy, but I hadn't seen the method I use, so here goes.

I do this on a mage char with the ability to go invis, but I guess it would work for a hunter or a rogue or any class that can disappear / go invisible in combat.

Everyone remembers the Molten Front dailies? I see it as two phases - the first load of quests gets you access to the Shadow Warden chain. Completion of this gives you another quest which is "Enduring the heat" and this is where my guide starts from.

Standing on each blue ward gives you some protection from the mobs that spawn, addition of "mage ward" makes you invulnerable to their attacks for a while.

The "trick":

Stand on a ward and wait for several mobs to spawn (5-6), click the ward to destroy them and move to the next.
    Do this on all but ONE of the wards - this is the crucial bit. Run out before completing this quest and go invisible at the entrance. The wards will reset and you can literally rinse and repeat until you're done. No combat needed.

Ok not the fastest way to do this but if you're doing dailies for cash / guild xp anyway then why not do the molten front? With the advent of the latest patches the place is all but deserted (at least it is on my server).

Grisly Trophy - faceroll for mages