Though if more people do this you will end up with those trains anyways. But that probably wont happen since people are lazy and cba.
Public profiles are a great contribution to the honorbuddy community, but their usage is so widespread that often you'll find even 3 or 4 bots using the same profile in a specific area.. the result is what I call the "botty love train" where you can see a string of bots flying in the same direction and trying to harvest the same nodes. Do I need to explain how this is bad?
HB is a great program, but profile making isn't user friendly as it should be and this is the scope of this guide: helping you to build your own efficient profile that will be unique to you.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
those addons are hosted on Curse and are so easy to find that I won't bother linking them, their purpose is to provide node spawns and draw a line that connects those location while flying the shortest distance possible.
Copy their folders to the wow addon folder or use curse client, whatever fits you best.
2) HB plugin named ZapRecorder
I want to thank its author (Zapman) and give credit to him/her for this awesome plugin.
The installation works like it does for the other plugins, just copy the ZapRecorder folder inside the Honorbuddy's plugins folder and reload the bot, you'll find it in the plugins list if it installed successfully.
SETTING UP GATHERMATE
1) Activate your addons and log into your toon.
2) Type /gathermate you should see a window like the one in the picture below
3) On the left column click on Import
4) Select an expansion data (cataclysm), select the nodes you want to import (fishing pools, herbs, mineral veins and so on)
5) click on the Import Gathermate2.. red button, you should now see the gathering nodes on your map and minimap
CREATING YOUR ROUTE
1) type /routes and move to the area where you want to record the new route
2) On the left column click on Add
3) As you can see from the picture below here you'll be able to create your route, select the nodes that you want, name the route and click on okay
4) Now you can click on the create route button, do it and your map will turn into a mess made of white lines... it's working as intended
5) On the left column click on the red "+" near the menu "routes", it should open the list of all the zones for which you have created routes (for now just one in the area you chose)
6) Click on the red "+" near the name of your area (in this case Uldum) and select the route you created
7) Click on the "Optimize Route" tab
8 )Now you will be able to cluster nodes to make only one node out of a group of close ones, I suggest a clustering radius between 85 and 100, if you open the map you should notice a bit less lines on your map
9) After you clustered the nodes it's time for the addon to calculate the most efficient route that will connect all the nodes; you can leave "extra optimization" off if your cpu is a slow one since calculating a route is very taxing on your processor
10) Click on Foreground and wait until your route is ready, the client will freeze completely, but after 40-60 seconds you'll be able to open the map and see the end result of all the previous work
If your client disconnects then your computer is too slow to run the calculations in real time and you'll need to click on "Background", it'll take much longer, but the result is the same.
CREATING YOUR PROFILE WITH HB AND ZAP RECORDER
1) After you installed ZapRecorder (download it from the honorbuddy forum thread) and downloaded the empty profile. open Honorbuddy.
2) Set HB to GrindBot
3) Load the Empty Profile
4) Click on Settings and Tools then on Plugins
5) Enable ZapRecorder and then click on Show Window
tool with the settings until you're ready to record the hotspots
6) Start the bot
7) Move your toon over a node in the map and then click on "Start Recording"
8 ) Fly around following the route in the minimap until you run a complete circle (Stop yourself a little bit before the first node to be sure that you don't record "overlapping" hotspots); it will take from 10 to 30 minutes depending on how big is the area you're recording
9) Click on "Stop Recording"
ADDING VENDORS AND MAILBOXES
1) Go near a repair npc and select it
2) On the Zap Recorder window click on "Add Vendor", confirm on the pop up and there you go, your profile will have a repair vendor.. insn't simple?
3) move your toon near a mailbox and click on "Add Mailbox", confirm the popup request and there you have a mailbox too
Blackspots are areas where your bot shouldn't go for any reason (lava pools where you cannot mount, areas where there are mobs that leave you stuck in combat), they are very important if you want to achieve the same quality of those tested profiles you see on the forums.
1) Move your toon over the area where it shouldn't go (herbs and minerals contained into a blackspotted area are ignored! blacklist bugged nodes or badly placed nodes!)
2) In the ZapRecorder window you can set the radius of the blackspot and then click on the "Add Blackspot" button
Be sure to have a good coverage of a given area while not choosing a too wide radius, you can place several smaller blackspots to cover a non circular area.
HIT THE SAVE PROFILE BUTTON: JOB'S DONE!
You'll find the profile you recorded in the Honorbuddy folder, it's a xml file named like the area where you recorded it.
The profile can be moved and renamed without issues.
Wasn't that hard? Wasn't it.
ADDING BLACKSPOTS FOR CHEAP AND LAZY PEOPLE (LIKE ME)
Adding blackspots can be time consuming and you can waste precious farming time while figuring them by yourself, so why not taking advantage of other people work?
Tested profiles come often with pre-made profiles and the only thing you need to do is to open the .xml file with notepad and scroll until you meet the blackspot tags
if the profile has blackspots it should look like this
<Blackspot X="1032.52" Y="1884.273" Z="312.5463" Radius="131.7129" />
<Blackspot X="937.517" Y="1904.928" Z="319.069" Radius="134.2367" />
<Blackspot X="844.3289" Y="1924.143" Z="327.6388" Radius="110.4761" Height="14.28387" />
<Blackspot X="699.5487" Y="1742.267" Z="328.5147" Radius="105.8181" Height="13.03302" />
all you need to do is copy all the blackspots from the public profile and paste them into your profile.
It's easy and saves a lot of work, but remember to thank the creators of the original profiles.
If you want to learn more about blackspots consult the honorbuddy wiki.
Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Clueless_noob; 08-03-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Holding a sandwich in my hand.
Since you record the hotspots by hand every recorded route is unique even if you start from the exact same route.
Routes will output vastly different routes if you change the cluster setting only slightly and that's not taking into account Taboos that I didn't explain because it's a more advanced feature and I wanted to keep it simple.
Holding a sandwich in my hand.
Very nice, ive had zap for ages but no idea how to use it thanks alot +rep.
I don't bot or use honorbuddy, but you made a good effort in writing this guide and I'm sure others will find it very helpful. Good job.
Hey Clueless_noob... you not ashamed? This tutorial is copied exactly from the buddyforum...
TUTORIAL - Creating your own private profiles: the easy way.
Is this today the method to get rep??
Last edited by mrnice; 05-05-2012 at 04:05 PM.
I seen the thread and thought it might be a better way than Zap then I open and see it copied WORD for WORD and not even giving credit to the OP from HB Forums.
EDIT: No point in complaining about it being ripped from HB because Zswizzy bumped an old dead thread and it caught us all. lol
Last edited by TheFreak; 05-05-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Thanks to BreakDown for the above signature
Become a donator today and get access to the awesomeness OwnedCore.com has to offer!
so I downloaded ZapsRecorder. and I put it in C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Honorbuddy\Plugins\ZapGB2 Recorder 4.1 BETA. I also tried the 3.5 version. and when I startup honorbuddy to enable the plugin it doesn't even appear on the plugin list and this pops up in my log.
Compiler Error: c:\Users\Chris\Documents\Honorbuddy\Plugins\ZapRec order\Class1.cs(6,20) : error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PluginClass' does not exist in the namespace 'Styx.Plugins' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Somebody please help I need this to make profiles and I tried reinstalling HB multiple times and it doesn't work. Please help! Much appreciated! :(
I don't bot so I'm completely guessing here but this thread is from 2011, that program probably doesn't even work anymore.